Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slovenia v England

Comments

• Options
    Phil Jones off injured. Best England news since 1966.
  • Options
    Rooney loses his first touch if he's not playing once a week. I wonder if he'll ever have a good tournament because of this. Still, that one chipped pass to Sterling is almost more than he's managed in the month of June since 2004.

We started so well, some of the football we played look great. Even Delph won me over there. Cahill seems to make mistakes when he's the leader. He's much better when he has Terry telling him what to do.

Walcott should be the first name on the team sheet.
  • Options

Doesn't look like they're even bothered. No idea how Rooney still gets in the England team when he puts in 0 effort every time he plays for them.

Can never get my head around this. The guy is going to be England's all time record goalscorer, would get into most club & country sides in the world & yet all we do is slag him off. I lnow that's the English way but I'll never understand all the criticism he gets
    Because I watch him walk about offering nothing up front. He wouldn't get into any top international side playing like he does for England.

Go and see who he scored his international goals against, he's overrated and should never be played on his own up front. He's far too slow and lazy. Was only ever good when he played in a front two at Euro 2004.
  • Options
    Jordan Henderson, full back
  • Options
    LOL, Rooney's shot just now :D
  • Options

Doesn't look like they're even bothered. No idea how Rooney still gets in the England team when he puts in 0 effort every time he plays for them.

Can never get my head around this. The guy is going to be England's all time record goalscorer, would get into most club & country sides in the world & yet all we do is slag him off. I lnow that's the English way but I'll never understand all the criticism he gets
    Because I watch him walk about offering nothing up front. He wouldn't get into any top international side playing like he does for England.

Go and see who he scored his international goals against, he's overrated and should never be played on his own up front. He's far too slow and lazy. Was only ever good when he played in a front two at Euro 2004.
    Slow, lazy & over rated!! Ok then....
  • Options

Not sure how Townsend still manages to get in the team ahead of Walcott and Milner as well. He has about 1/10th of the ability.

Townsend record for England is very good, even thou he is only a squad player at
    Spurs.
    Talking of squad players ?
    Gibbs, Walcott, Jones,and Smalling, most of his United Career.

Still let's not knock the Cash Cow that's the Premier League.

• Options

I can't get over the fact that he has been utterly abysmal every other summer since 2004. Scoring goals against weaker opposition - whose presence even in qualifying is questionable - doesn't make up for the abject performances he's put in during crucial fixtures. Hell, he couldn't blame injuries in 2010, that time it turned out he was off his game because of tabloid hooker stories that were about to hit. On form Rooney walks into most sides. But on form Rooney only arrives when he's playing several times a week and not dealing with hooker problems.
  • Options
    The divot in the pen area should get an assist for the goal as the shot was going wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You don't stop them!
  • Options
    Get in there Wilshere!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Hodgson surely got to go? One of the most boring turgid England teams I've ever seen.

Why is our default action to say get rid of the manager. We weren't successful with Keegan, Ericsson, Capello, Hoddle, Venables et al. Look at the team, a back four of Jones Cahill, Smalling Gibbs is not good enough at International level, it probably isn't good enough at Premiership level. The midfield of Delph, Wiltshire, Henderson likewise.

Come off it. Those players should be more than capable of seeing off Slovenia despite their failings. Hodgson had a terrible World Cup and has created a dull, turgid team who can't move the ball with speed despite the pace in the side. He still hasn't decided on his best formation, still can't figure out which players suit whichever system he goes with and seems unable to change a game when it's not going well. We're entirely reliant on players having moments of brilliance rather than an effective system. And now despite having a full squad to choose from he's just replaced a centre half masquerading as a right back with a central midfielder at right back. Insane. It's not 'the default position' when a manager has created an unwatchable team and can't get his tactics right.
  • Options
    Wilshere!!!!!

Class. Our best player AGAIN.
  • Options
    Ffs Wayne.
  • Options
    Rooney....
  • Options
    Rooney showing too much respect to charlton, going out of his way to preserve his goal scoring record!
  • Options
    Please get him off, Rooney is Slovenia's best player atm.
  • Options
    Rooney's hair is looking very dodgy.

Just saying
  • Options
    Rooney is having a Churchino.

Brilliant support (bar the Palace Sister Act shite)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kane's been gobbling up chances like that all season.
  • Options
    After me sticking up for him, Rooney's made me look like a right cnut there!
  • Options
    ITV shite
  • Options
    Haha good old ITV
  • Options
    We won't win fuck all with a mediocre football team why do we keep thinking we r a good when we really know we are poor .
  • Options
    Lallana made a difference since coming on.
  • Options
    I've gone from HD to Blurry vision
  • Options
    Great finish from Rooney there again, albeit with the flag already up
  • Options
    As much as I love to hate them, that wasn't ITV's fault. The Slovenian feed went dead (ESPN went off as well). Although it might have had something to do with Rooney's shot just before. He might have hit a satellite.
  • Options
    WOW!!!!!