Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slovenia v England

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    It's a travesty Rooney might beat Bobby Charlton's all time scoring record.
    One's a legend. The other's a bell end.
  • Options

Aww Bobby's not that bad
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Rooney, set up by the opposition defence, converted a sitter, glossing over yet another terrible display...I suppose we'll have to put up with it though.

He's a good player on form and a frankly embarrassing captain, given his general conduct, but fair enough, we'll still have to build a team around him because That's What You Do

I think Rooney's conduct has been excellent since he was made captain. I didn't want him picked for it but he's been exemplary since he took the armband
  • Options
    It's silly that we either have to be "Rooney-hating mugs!" or Rooney lovers here. Maybe it's possible to have an opinion with more than one angle?

I'd argue he's clearly very talented, and on form is the best natural talent in the English game. But that doesn't mean he's beyond criticism, or indeed, anyone is a mug for noticing that he can fail to control a ball for an entire game (which has actually happened). He can be the very best we have, but in the tournaments has shown, he can also be the worst performer.
  • Options

Four points from the last four games are required to qualify for the tournament in France next summer.

...where we will be dogshit again I'm sorry to have to say
  • Options
    I'm not Rooney's greatest fan but he deserves credit for that winning goal. He covered a lot of ground to get between the defenders and the finish was clinical.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I'm not Rooney's greatest fan but he deserves credit for that winning goal. He covered a lot of ground to get between the defenders and the finish was clinical.

Absolutely Len. He was fucked in his interview. Lazy he ain't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ?
    There is no correlation between England winning their Qualifying Games, and doing well in either the Euros or world cups.

Over the last 10 years we have won 39 matches out of 48 in qualifying which is fantastic.
    All those different managers yet when the big boys come out to play we are mediocre.
    The optimist CL England fans can now explain why it will be different this time
    You know that not one of the teams in our group would play above championship and most way below that.
    San Marino are the standard of Bromley.(no insult intended Bromley !)

You can only beat what's in front of you and we do that often,
    but just cast you minds back a year, before any bragging this time around.

• Options
    Legend, bell end or something in between, you don't score 48 goals for your country without being a class player.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

LenGlover said:

Absolutely Len. He was fucked in his interview. Lazy he ain't.
    ITV will be in trouble with that happening before the 9pm watershed.
  • Options

It makes me smile to think that the Rooney haters are probably going to have to go their entire lives knowing he is England's record goal scorer .
    Any other country would embrace a player like him.

This is England beds. Can't possibly give praise to a good player. Best thing to do is jump in his back and slate him.

I suggest England stop picking Rooney and give his shirt to John Fashanu or Michael Ricketts.
  • Options

Just explain why and we may listen.

• Options

Easy.
    One was more comfortable with his baldness than the other :wink:
  • Options
    Bobby had a comb-over and Rooney has hair sewn in. Both trying to cover up.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Easy.
    You can't compare players baldness strategies from different eras :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Easy.
    You can't compare players baldness strategies from different eras :-)
    1StevieG said:

Bobby had a comb-over and Rooney has hair sewn in. Both trying to cover up.....

This obviously requires a new thread chaps!
  • Options
    Rooney is a good player, I don't dislike him but I do think he is/was over rated. He's not one of the best in the world. Not even close
  • Options
    Maybe but he is the best we have by a country mile.
  • Options
    Jesus. Some people seem gutted when we win. Lot of Rooney haters talking absolute garbage on here. Bloody moaning whingers.
  • Options
    Thought Rooney did well not to lose the plot after that joke of an elbow on him ...Did the fella even get a yellow card ?
  • Options
    if we had 11 rooneys we'd be close to being a class world beating team. Unfortunately we only have one. He's a good player, the best we have... but then that's saying more about what we have than rooney tbh
  • Options

Thought Rooney did well not to lose the plot after that joke of an elbow on him ...Did the fella even get a yellow card ?

Nope, but it was handy that he stayed on as he set up the winner for Rooney.

He landed a forearm smash on someone at Wembley as well - think he was booked. Today's one was nasty and deliberate. Suspect he might get done retrospectively.
  • Options
    Thanks Clem