Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ten years on from 7/7 bombings.....Is London safer now than it was then?

Comments

• Options

Greenie said:

Leuth said:

When England was less tolerant, atrocities never happened, eh?

It is the tolerance of the society alone that can counter radicalisation. A divided society is a society that breeds warfare. It is an extremely simple principle.

Obviously even a tolerant society must mobilise in the face of imminent threat. A man with a flag is not the German Army invading Western Europe.

And that is exactly where the Nazis started. With hate, Flags of hate and Emblems of hate.
    We should learn from history not repeat it.

What does ISIS have? At best 200,000 troops scattered across multiple middle eastern countries with no Air Force, no Navy and no tanks or serious assault vehicles.

They don't have 200,000 troops. They have 200,000 fanatics who are actively looking to die for their stupid medieval religious beliefs. The fact that they are looking to die is one of the main reasons why, in their previous guises, they have been able to hold their own against the heavily armed and highly trained troops of the US and its allies.

Plus, these 200,000 troops are backed up by 1.6 billion Muslims around the world. This war against this stone age belief system has been going on for at least 15 years now. I have seen absolutely no evidence that the vast majority of the Muslim world are opposed to the on going attempt to spread the influence of this sick and disgusting religion. What I do see evidence of is the way modern mass communications and social media has allowed the semi literate, poorly educated masses from around the globe that form the bulk of the followers of this religion, connect with each other and find a sense of purpose and shared resentment at the modern secular world.

London, and all modern secular societies around the world are not under attact from a few islamic extremists. They are under attact from what is in effect the new Islamic world.

I feel less safe in London than I did 10 years. I see no evidence that the hatred that the new Islamic World has for me and everything I stand for has dimmed. It is insanely stupid to invoke a mythical Londoner's 'blizt carry on as normal spirit' in the light of this threat. It is completely different.

So, how do you propose to take on those 1.6 billion Muslims?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Greenie said:

Leuth said:

When England was less tolerant, atrocities never happened, eh?

It is the tolerance of the society alone that can counter radicalisation. A divided society is a society that breeds warfare. It is an extremely simple principle.

Obviously even a tolerant society must mobilise in the face of imminent threat. A man with a flag is not the German Army invading Western Europe.

And that is exactly where the Nazis started. With hate, Flags of hate and Emblems of hate.
    We should learn from history not repeat it.

What does ISIS have? At best 200,000 troops scattered across multiple middle eastern countries with no Air Force, no Navy and no tanks or serious assault vehicles.

They don't have 200,000 troops. They have 200,000 fanatics who are actively looking to die for their stupid medieval religious beliefs. The fact that they are looking to die is one of the main reasons why, in their previous guises, they have been able to hold their own against the heavily armed and highly trained troops of the US and its allies.

Plus, these 200,000 troops are backed up by 1.6 billion Muslims around the world. This war against this stone age belief system has been going on for at least 15 years now. I have seen absolutely no evidence that the vast majority of the Muslim world are opposed to the on going attempt to spread the influence of this sick and disgusting religion. What I do see evidence of is the way modern mass communications and social media has allowed the semi literate, poorly educated masses from around the globe that form the bulk of the followers of this religion, connect with each other and find a sense of purpose and shared resentment at the modern secular world.

London, and all modern secular societies around the world are not under attact from a few islamic extremists. They are under attact from what is in effect the new Islamic world.

I feel less safe in London than I did 10 years. I see no evidence that the hatred that the new Islamic World has for me and everything I stand for has dimmed. It is insanely stupid to invoke a mythical Londoner's 'blizt carry on as normal spirit' in the light of this threat. It is completely different.

So, how do you propose to take on those 1.6 billion Muslims?
    If I had a valid answer to that I wouldn't wouldn't be wasting my time venting on a football forum.
  • Options
    **A What if alert**

What if someone who had lost a wife/son/daughter/mum/dad in the 7/7 bombings was up town that day and he saw this geezer with the flag, emotions took over and he kicked the granny out of him finishing up standing on his windpipe so he died. That fella would be banged up for a long time all the while the geezer in the flag never broke the law, even though he was quite rightly dead.

That can't be right can it?
  • Options
    Chizz, how do you feel about the likes of the EDL not being allowed to walk through places like Tower Hamlets on their marches? Suppose you oppose that as well then?
  • Options
    brogib said:

**A What if alert**

What if someone who had lost a wife/son/daughter/mum/dad in the 7/7 bombings was up town that day and he saw this geezer with the flag, emotions took over and he kicked the granny out of him finishing up standing on his windpipe so he died. That fella would be banged up for a long time all the while the geezer in the flag never broke the law, even though he was quite rightly dead.

No. Murder is never right.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Leuth said:

Why on earth would you want to ban something that outs counter-terrorism targets to the police?

This is the sub-text of my view. If you are moronic enough to have jihaddist views, *and* you are moronic enough to advertise them to the public, the police and counter-terrorists by waving a flag to declare your support, you become pretty easy to neutralise.
    Very one dimensional way of thinking. Yep we can monitor the bloke now (which more than likely we were already doing) but who gives a fuck about the hundreds of people he's worried/intimidated by walking through the countries capital with an IS flag wrapped around him.

Chizz said:

Leuth said:

Why on earth would you want to ban something that outs counter-terrorism targets to the police?

This is the sub-text of my view. If you are moronic enough to have jihaddist views, *and* you are moronic enough to advertise them to the public, the police and counter-terrorists by waving a flag to declare your support, you become pretty easy to neutralise.
    Very one dimensional way of thinking. Yep we can monitor the bloke now (which more than likely we were already doing) but who gives a fuck about the hundreds of people he's worried/intimidated by walking through the countries capital with an IS flag wrapped around him.
    Don't worry; most of the people who'd be intimidated by a lone idiot like that probably wouldn't be able to identify the ISIS flag
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Chizz said:

brogib said:

**A What if alert**

No. Murder is never right.
    Maybe, but only in the eyes of the law
  • Options
    Chizz you should change ur username to DIVV
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Chizz, how do you feel about the likes of the EDL not being allowed to walk through places like Tower Hamlets on their marches? Suppose you oppose that as well then?

I'll take this

If ISIS planned a march, through, say, Golders Green, I'd expect mass arrests and the march to be banned. I'd positively welcome it. This wasn't an organised march. Any fucker with an EDL t-shirt can hurl racist epithets around - they're risking their neck, though
  • Options
    So, in summary, Chizz is pro flag bearers of any kind, unless he is not pro them, in which case he says he hasn't got an opinion.

What an utter utter ......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll answer the question, lol
  • Options
    Tag team
  • Options
    Leuth said:

cafctom said:

I'll take this

If ISIS planned a march, through, say, Golders Green, I'd expect mass arrests and the march to be banned. I'd positively welcome it. This wasn't an organised march. Any fucker with an EDL t-shirt can hurl racist epithets around - they're risking their neck, though
    So this ISIS cretin just happened to wake up on a bench outside Parliament with an ISIS flag draped over him?

It might not have been a 'march', but he certainly organised it with the intention of causing trouble!
  • Options

So, in summary, Chizz is pro flag bearers of any kind, unless he is not pro them, in which case he says he hasn't got an opinion.

What an utter utter ......

I haven't said I am "pro flag bearers". But if that's how you want to summarise what you think you've understood, then fine.
  • Options
    Supporters of jihaddist terrorism are wrong. The views that many express in support of a warped ideology, based on a deliberate misrepresentation of holy texts are wrong. Preaching hate is abhorrent and illegal. Violence, in support of ideology is reprehensible and wrong. I hate fear, terrorism, supporters of terrorism and those who fund it.

I feel a bit sorry for those who are radicalised. But I don't have any other feelings for them - their attitudes and actions are undeserving of any significant sympathy.

Those who radicalise should be caught, charged - in open court, convicted and sentenced. And then, slowly, gradually, over a long period of time, totally forgotten about.

I am proud of my city. Proud of the fact it dealt with the disgusting crimes of July 2005 by stoically brushing them off and getting on with work and with life.

Banning people from waving flags doesn't, ultimately, win the long-term battle. Because it provides an icon, provides an easy route to the first act of rebellion and provides legitimises a rallying call.

Lock up anyone who commits any form of violent or hate crime. But don't provide those bent on radicalising a gift in the form of a ban.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

"Ill take this?"

what on earth???

They're "brothers" and speak for each other

• Options
    Chizz said:

Banning people from waving flags doesn't, ultimately, win the long-term battle. Because it provides an icon, provides an easy route to the first act of rebellion and provides legitimises a rallying call.

Come on then, answer my question - Would you feel the same about the EDL marching/flag bearing their ideas through Tower Hamlets?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just take the time out to thanks the Mods for letting this thread go, been shitting meself trying to type every post in case in come up not available

; )
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Chizz, I don't know what you do for a living, but should you be called, would you fight for our country?

No answer then....
  • Options
    brogib said:

Just take the time out to thanks the Mods for letting this thread go, been shitting meself trying to type every post in case in come up not available

; )

I think if people had been defending other comparatively offensive actions in such a blasé way then they might have been quicker with the warnings
  • Options
    I think we're probably less safe. The liberal agenda means that any attempt to inconvenience those of an ethnic minority, even if it is a genuine worry that they are out to endanger people, is treated as a criminal act.

People are too scared to be labelled as racist, xenophobic or islamaphobic to act on anything (Rotherham).

• Options
    brogib said:

Leuth said:

cafctom said:

I'll take this

Why Golders Green as a venue for your made up march? Oh, because they're mainly Jews over there. It's just that you coulda used the real events of either the Poppy burning up Kensington (= FINED 50 PISSING QUID) or maybe the protests at the repatriations at Wootten Basset = (NO ARRESTS.)

Just out of interest, why do you get urked by the slight mention of the EDL, but brush away the fact that this c**t has walked through Our capital with an ISIS flag? Coz I tell you something, if I see him doing it, he would be risking his neck.
    Both of them are or would be risking their necks.

Poppy burning and repatriation protests are very distasteful but they're not exactly promoting genocide
  • Options
    Leuth said:

brogib said:

Leuth said:

cafctom said:

I'll take this

Why Golders Green as a venue for your made up march? Oh, because they're mainly Jews over there. It's just that you coulda used the real events of either the Poppy burning up Kensington (= FINED 50 PISSING QUID) or maybe the protests at the repatriations at Wootten Basset = (NO ARRESTS.)

Just out of interest, why do you get urked by the slight mention of the EDL, but brush away the fact that this c**t has walked through Our capital with an ISIS flag? Coz I tell you something, if I see him doing it, he would be risking his neck.

Poppy burning and repatriation protests are very distasteful but they're not exactly promoting genocide
    Is that Jizz or Sleuth? I'm confused now.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

brogib said:

Leuth said:

cafctom said:

I'll take this

oh that's alright then.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Leuth said:

brogib said:

Leuth said:

cafctom said:

I'll take this

When did the EDL promote genocide then? (Not that I give a frogs arse what they promote)

Placards with British Troops Go To Hell at soldier repatriations are on about the same level as promoting genocide though, surely
  • Options

Pre-emptive Python Post. Also... alliteration always adds appeal.
  • Options
    I think London is safer now than it was in the 70s, 80s and early 90s and I hope it stays that way. Flag wearing extremists will not help keep the relative peace.