Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Options
    Often drive past The Bank of China and the Chinese embassy and never seen so much as a squeak to these establishments that help prop up probably one of THE biggest consumers of oil
    the west has outsourced a lot of its carbon emissions to countries like China - they produce so much and use so much because of the demand for it. Not to say they shouldn't make strides (they do a lot already) but the issue is over consumption by rich nations. Certainly not people having too many babies as others have alluded too...
    Just stop capitalism would be more apt wouldn't it?
  • Options
    Definitely time to bring the snipers out and fix bayonets.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If all protestors are dragged away, charged, convicted and imprisoned then the police/justice system/prisons are going to be put under a lot of strain.
    There does not appear to be a finite number of people willing to protest and be arrested.
    I would not have thought @seth plum would come up with the ideal solution to stopping these people.
    Put them in prison and the problem will disappear as not a finite amount of people willing to be jailed.

• Options

Do they not like it up 'em then?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    If all protestors are dragged away, charged, convicted and imprisoned then the police/justice system/prisons are going to be put under a lot of strain.
    There does not appear to be a finite number of people willing to protest and be arrested.
    I would not have thought @seth plum would come up with the ideal solution to stopping these people.
    Put them in prison and the problem will disappear as not a finite amount of people willing to be jailed.

Not finite can be infinite.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:
    I don't agree with their methods, but Climate Change is ruining people's lives and people are dying all over the world as a result of it.

I watched Frozen Planet II on Sunday and it is heartbreaking to see the dramatic effect of Climate Change on many species. The melting of ice is going to cause flooding all over the world and much of London and the UK will be affected. 

Giving licences for new fossil fuels is madness, we need to move away quickly if we are to stop further damage.
    The world’s turning but we’re not learning. 
    You are right we are not learning. We are not learning that oil usage and the consequent trashing of our world is a symptom not the cause. The true problem is the massive over-population of the planet by the human race. It is the supreme irony that one of the eco warriors that sprayed the Aston Martin showroom was this one: Chloe Thomas, 19, a mother and freelancer (whatever that is) from Cannock said: “I’m 15 weeks pregnant this week. Today, we’re out here on the road together, demanding no new oil." When, of course, by having  multiple sprogs, she, herself, is part of the primary cause of the problem.

Many of the protestors have pink hair don't they? And therefore demonstrate that they have no concern whatsoever about the proliferation of PFAS chemicals that are so prevalent in many make-up and hair products.  For those that don't know, PFAS chemicals are otherwise known as "forever" chemicals because they are impossible to get rid of.  The multiple chunks of metal they tend to have in their faces also indicate they have no qualms about the badness of the mining industries either.
    Who's having too many kids? Think for a while before answering.
    https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

More than twice as many people being born than dying. Another 140k people on the planet today; an extra 65mn so far this year. 
    Where?
  • Options
    I always thought that snatch squads was the way forward.
    They have obviously got far too much time on their hands and I doubt if too many people would miss them.
  • Options
    I certainly have sympathy with the aims of the climate protesters, but the method just isn’t working. 

The government don’t need to do anything, the public hate these guys so they’ll never achieve their aim. They should be trying to garner support of the public, while causing aggravation to the government, or heavy polluters. The fact that they haven’t realised this yet is just crazy and plays into the hands of the fringe on the other end of the climate change spectrum. 

Broadly, I believe, the public are behind a lot of the industrial action taking place at the moment, including by nurses so surely this means not everyone is a right wing zealot. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    The Dartford tunnel has been partly closed after protesters climbed a gantry - affecting traffic on the M25 around London.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-63552488
    Need to lock them up, i don't care what they are protesting any other country they would not get away with this. There are dozens of ways they could do something positive rather than just affect your average person. Really grates on me, the delays caused to people who are ill (Hospitals), also every day people trying to get to and from work, there is no consideration and have no doubt everyone who gets there probably turns up in a car or some form of public transport, as well most likely bums as no way do you get this much holiday at any business. 
    Just imagine if there could be a meeting (say Egypt) where over 100 world leaders could gather to talk about such things and where protesting might actually be noticed to the wider world.

If they are serious about stopping oil production etc then that's where they should be.....not on a gantry in Essex  !!!

Oh, but of course, protesting there would see much harsher punishment I'm sure. 
    So if they flew out to Egypt to protest you wouldn't be calling them hypocrites for flying out to Egypt?
    If they got on board with hundreds of other dignatories/ hangers on / tourists who are already going there then it makes not a jot of difference. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:

I was wondering whether we could charge them with terrorism offences (why else would you be scaling overhead motorway signs unless you were thinking of causing harm) and keep them in custody for longer than the normal 24/48 hours (I believe you can hold suspected terrorists  longer than the norm) ....then put them in a holding camp somewhere awaiting trail. 

Sorry, but this lot are starting to really get up my goat.
  • Options
    Took me 2 hours to get in to Maidstone to drop my daughter at school) and then back to Dartford (for work)

Got to leave early tonight because the trains are all screwed up and do the reverse journey.

Life is hard enough as it is right now without protesters and everyone else seemingly going on strike at the moment

How long before one of these protesters gets seriously hurt as a result of their actions
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Took me 2 hours to get in to Maidstone to drop my daughter at school) and then back to Dartford (for work)

Got to leave early tonight because the trains are all screwed up and do the reverse journey.

Life is hard enough as it is right now without protesters and everyone else seemingly going on strike at the moment

How long before one of these protesters gets seriously hurt as a result of their actions
    sadly it seems its the innocent police that have suffered. 
  • Options
    Gotta do half the m25 next week on the route to Gatwick. The thought of the stress if we get caught in a protest has convinced us all to book a hotel and travel down the day before instead. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Just taken me an hour to drive from Longfield to Dartford 😳

Dartford is in grid lock now - suggest you leave now…..
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    What the hell is their fascination with fucking up the M25 around Dartford? - I don't even understand why its such a targeted area
  • Options
    What the hell is their fascination with fucking up the M25 around Dartford? - I don't even understand why its such a targeted area
    Because it’s a well known bottleneck, so easy to cause instant chaos
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I once had a car like that (joke stolen from my nans brother).

Is it still bad? I have a doctors appointment in stone later, might have to drive close, leave the car and walk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised they dont target the M25 / M4 area around Heathrow as well
  • Options
    Surprised they dont target the M25 / M4 area around Heathrow as well
    They did (maybe still are) this morning. I had to drive to Bicester for work this morning. I left at 6 and got there at 11.30...
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cloudworm said:

So if people protest and upset you they need to be shot.

And if people post views you disagree with they need to wind their necks in. 

And illegal criminal acts are OK if they don't delay you getting to work.

Just so I understand..
    No, you don’t understand.

They don’t upset me, they stop genuine hard work civilians from getting to work and putting food on the table and they stop emergency services from saving lives. I’d imagine that upsets them greatly.

If their protests were aimed in the right direction then they would get a lot more support and it would actually be beneficial to the ultimate cause (see Charlton fans in Belgium).

This is just damaging in more ways than one.

if you can’t understand that then you’re an idiot.
    If the delay of hypothetical emergency service vehicles upsets you, you must be absolutely furious about this...

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/record-breaking-ambulance-waiting-times-could-be-significantly-worse-in-winter-chiefs-warn-1799099

Yeah?
    I believe thats what you people call 'whataboutery'

For the record, yes its shocking.
    Whataboutary (noun) Pejorative used by hypocrites when deflecting from being hypocritical 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I once had a car like that (joke stolen from my nans brother).

Is it still bad? I have a doctors appointment in stone later, might have to drive close, leave the car and walk.
    Much better now - you will be fine
  • Options
    Two problems

1 Protesters who need to be punished (but not enough Jail space, and delays in court).
    2 Camps set up in Rwanda to process asylum seekers but unable to send them abroad.

Send the protesters to Rwanda! 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Two problems

1 Protesters who need to be punished (but not enough Jail space, and delays in court).
    2 Camps set up in Rwanda to process asylum seekers but unable to send them abroad.

Obviously they would want to cycle or walk to minimise their carbon footprint. Rowing boats to be provided for the Channel and Mediterranean sea crossings. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Two problems

Obviously they would want to cycle or walk to minimise their carbon footprint. Rowing boats to be provided for the Channel and Mediterranean sea crossings. 
    Baloons powered by their own hot air and powered by their own sense of superiority.
  • Options
    It's going to be chaos for 6-7 weeks on Bluebell Hill as a gas main is being replaced on the northbound carriageway closing 2 lanes. Anyone who uses this route will know that three lanes can't cope at peak times, so this is going to be hell for anyone travelling between Maidstone and Medway.

With the A249 also a mess due to the roadworks on the Stockbury roundabout and Boxley Hill being used as a rat run, anyone travelling in mid Kent should be prepared for delays and frustration.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/gas-works-set-to-last-seven-weeks-277057/

• Options
    As a truck driver, I'm severely pissed off now and a 10 hr shift regularly turns into 15hrs, meaning I then have to park up for the night, instead of getting home to my family. I've always said if you want to protest against the government, you need to do it in a way that affects them directly, not the working people that are paying your benefits. As for the prick who climbed up the gantry, can someone please tell him what the orange hi-viz coats he's wearing is made from? As Jimmy Hoffa said "If you buy food, it was delivered by a truck, If you buy clothes, it was delivered by a truck, If you buy any consumer goods, it was delivered by a truck.
    This idea that working people are victims and shouldn't be impacted or take part is really perverse, imo. Not aimed at you tango per se, it just keeps recurring in here. Some kind of apolitical positon that tries to distinguish normal from abnormal, working man supporting his family from swampy on benefits. It's defensive thinking I suppose mostly exhibited by conservatives (small 'c'), who are not actually looking to engage in any debate.