Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:
    I don't agree with their methods, but Climate Change is ruining people's lives and people are dying all over the world as a result of it.

I watched Frozen Planet II on Sunday and it is heartbreaking to see the dramatic effect of Climate Change on many species. The melting of ice is going to cause flooding all over the world and much of London and the UK will be affected. 

Giving licences for new fossil fuels is madness, we need to move away quickly if we are to stop further damage.
    The world’s turning but we’re not learning. 
    You are right we are not learning. We are not learning that oil usage and the consequent trashing of our world is a symptom not the cause. The true problem is the massive over-population of the planet by the human race. It is the supreme irony that one of the eco warriors that sprayed the Aston Martin showroom was this one: Chloe Thomas, 19, a mother and freelancer (whatever that is) from Cannock said: “I’m 15 weeks pregnant this week. Today, we’re out here on the road together, demanding no new oil." When, of course, by having  multiple sprogs, she, herself, is part of the primary cause of the problem.

Many of the protestors have pink hair don't they? And therefore demonstrate that they have no concern whatsoever about the proliferation of PFAS chemicals that are so prevalent in many make-up and hair products.  For those that don't know, PFAS chemicals are otherwise known as "forever" chemicals because they are impossible to get rid of.  The multiple chunks of metal they tend to have in their faces also indicate they have no qualms about the badness of the mining industries either.
    Who's having too many kids? Think for a while before answering.
  • Options

So if people protest and upset you they need to be shot.

And if people post views you disagree with they need to wind their necks in. 

And illegal criminal acts are OK if they don't delay you getting to work.

Just so I understand..
    No, you don’t understand.

They don’t upset me, they stop genuine hard work civilians from getting to work and putting food on the table and they stop emergency services from saving lives. I’d imagine that upsets them greatly.

If their protests were aimed in the right direction then they would get a lot more support and it would actually be beneficial to the ultimate cause (see Charlton fans in Belgium).

This is just damaging in more ways than one.

if you can’t understand that then you’re an idiot.
    If the delay of hypothetical emergency service vehicles upsets you, you must be absolutely furious about this...

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/record-breaking-ambulance-waiting-times-could-be-significantly-worse-in-winter-chiefs-warn-1799099

Yeah?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:
    I don't agree with their methods, but Climate Change is ruining people's lives and people are dying all over the world as a result of it.

I watched Frozen Planet II on Sunday and it is heartbreaking to see the dramatic effect of Climate Change on many species. The melting of ice is going to cause flooding all over the world and much of London and the UK will be affected. 

Giving licences for new fossil fuels is madness, we need to move away quickly if we are to stop further damage.
    You are right we are not learning. We are not learning that oil usage and the consequent trashing of our world is a symptom not the cause. The true problem is the massive over-population of the planet by the human race. It is the supreme irony that one of the eco warriors that sprayed the Aston Martin showroom was this one: Chloe Thomas, 19, a mother and freelancer (whatever that is) from Cannock said: “I’m 15 weeks pregnant this week. Today, we’re out here on the road together, demanding no new oil." When, of course, by having  multiple sprogs, she, herself, is part of the primary cause of the problem.

Many of the protestors have pink hair don't they? And therefore demonstrate that they have no concern whatsoever about the proliferation of PFAS chemicals that are so prevalent in many make-up and hair products.  For those that don't know, PFAS chemicals are otherwise known as "forever" chemicals because they are impossible to get rid of.  The multiple chunks of metal they tend to have in their faces also indicate they have no qualms about the badness of the mining industries either.
    Humans? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:

Humans? 
    Look at the birth rate in the UK and Europe - it's actually quite frightening!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cloudworm said:

Just so I understand..

They don’t upset me, they stop genuine hard work civilians from getting to work and putting food on the table and they stop emergency services from saving lives. I’d imagine that upsets them greatly.

If their protests were aimed in the right direction then they would get a lot more support and it would actually be beneficial to the ultimate cause (see Charlton fans in Belgium).

If the delay of hypothetical emergency service vehicles upsets you, you must be absolutely furious about this...

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/record-breaking-ambulance-waiting-times-could-be-significantly-worse-in-winter-chiefs-warn-1799099

Yeah?
    I believe thats what you people call 'whataboutery'

For the record, yes its shocking.
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

More than twice as many people being born than dying. Another 140k people on the planet today; an extra 65mn so far this year. 
  • Options
    The parents of the partner of one of my daughters missed their flight from Stansted Airport because of the antics of those two scumbags. So they lost at least a day of their holiday and are out of pocket for a flight plus hotel for a night.

Those kind of 'costs' don't get considered by anyone justifying the scum do they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:

More than twice as many people being born than dying. Another 140k people on the planet today; an extra 65mn so far this year. 
    Worth looking at the stats for Europe though.

Fertility rate is 1.6 which means that the average European is having 0.8 children.  Median age is 43.

People have recently been living longer so the population is still growing (but only after you allow for a million migrants).

But this increase in life expectancy has all but stopped in Europe and the population will soon begin to drop dramatically. We will need mass immigration to provide enough working age people to support our population while it remains formed predominantly of pensioners.

Much the same is happening in the rest of the world except Africa where each person is having two children.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:

Fertility rate is 1.6 which means that the average European is having 0.8 children.  Median age is 43.

People have recently been living longer so the population is still growing (but only after you allow for a million migrants).

But this increase in life expectancy has all but stopped in Europe and the population will soon begin to drop dramatically. We will need mass immigration to provide enough working age people to support our population while it remains formed predominantly of pensioners.

Much the same is happening in the rest of the world except Africa where each person is having two children.
    I thought this thread was about traffic chaos.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    LenGlover said:
    The parents of the partner of one of my daughters missed their flight from Stansted Airport because of the antics of those two scumbags. So they lost at least a day of their holiday and are out of pocket for a flight plus hotel for a night.

Those kind of 'costs' don't get considered by anyone justifying the scum do they?
    In the scheme of things, no. 

Jeeeez...!
  • Options
    Acab said:
    cafcfan said:
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:

You not been here long ?
  • Options
    Acab said:
    cafcfan said:
    Cloudworm said:
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:

It was, once. Long ago in forgotten times....
  • Options

Just so I understand..

That all sounds very reasonable

What kind of protests would you suggest to lead to rapid change? 
    Have these protests led to rapid change?
  • Options
    The Dartford tunnel has been partly closed after protesters climbed a gantry - affecting traffic on the M25 around London.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-63552488
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Car fire on Detling hill this morning, so took me just over an hour to do the 13 mile drive from Kemsley to Turkey Mill, Maidstone. At this stage it's something every day. It's a 13 mile drive that takes less than half an hour during half term, but takes significantly more outside of school holidays and the journey time not fluctuates day to day, but during a single journey the ETA on Google Maps fluctuates wildly.

And it's only going to get well as the Stockbury roundabout roadworks continue (still 2 years to go!)
  • Options
    I missed my flight back to San Francisco yesterday because of protesters on the M25. Left Bromley at 7am but still wasn’t enough. Gridlock. Flying back today now. I had a nice night’s stay at the Hilton at Heathrow though. 
  • Options
    Often drive past The Bank of China and the Chinese embassy and never seen so much as a squeak to these establishments that help prop up probably one of THE biggest consumers of oil
  • Options
    Often drive past The Bank of China and the Chinese embassy and never seen so much as a squeak to these establishments that help prop up probably one of THE biggest consumers of oil
    the west has outsourced a lot of its carbon emissions to countries like China - they produce so much and use so much because of the demand for it. Not to say they shouldn't make strides (they do a lot already) but the issue is over consumption by rich nations. Certainly not people having too many babies as others have alluded too...
  • Options
    clive said:
    The Dartford tunnel has been partly closed after protesters climbed a gantry - affecting traffic on the M25 around London.
    Need to lock them up, i don't care what they are protesting any other country they would not get away with this. There are dozens of ways they could do something positive rather than just affect your average person. Really grates on me, the delays caused to people who are ill (Hospitals), also every day people trying to get to and from work, there is no consideration and have no doubt everyone who gets there probably turns up in a car or some form of public transport, as well most likely bums as no way do you get this much holiday at any business. 
    Just imagine if there could be a meeting (say Egypt) where over 100 world leaders could gather to talk about such things and where protesting might actually be noticed to the wider world.

If they are serious about stopping oil production etc then that's where they should be.....not on a gantry in Essex  !!!

Oh, but of course, protesting there would see much harsher punishment I'm sure. 
    So if they flew out to Egypt to protest you wouldn't be calling them hypocrites for flying out to Egypt?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Need to lock them up, i don't care what they are protesting any other country they would not get away with this. There are dozens of ways they could do something positive rather than just affect your average person. Really grates on me, the delays caused to people who are ill (Hospitals), also every day people trying to get to and from work, there is no consideration and have no doubt everyone who gets there probably turns up in a car or some form of public transport, as well most likely bums as no way do you get this much holiday at any business. 
    Just imagine if there could be a meeting (say Egypt) where over 100 world leaders could gather to talk about such things and where protesting might actually be noticed to the wider world.

If they are serious about stopping oil production etc then that's where they should be.....not on a gantry in Essex  !!!

So if they flew out to Egypt to protest you wouldn't be calling them hypocrites for flying out to Egypt?
    If only there was another way these leaders could hold a meeting without private jetting it around the world.
  • Options
    clive said:

If only there was another way these leaders could hold a meeting without private jetting it around the world.
    Well exactly. Zero reason this couldn't have been an online event, but far too many politicians can't turn down a good junket when they see one.
  • Options
    Literally just had this argument/ debate on twitter. Someone who doesn't agree with it but said they can't argue that it generates media attention so if in the long run it forces change its worth it. My point was is it worth blood on their hands (Deaths/delays to hospitals/ People getting sacked from jobs as they cant get in or losing money). 

Literally however noteworthy the cause, this is not the answer and i despise them for it. 
  • Options
    If all protestors are dragged away, charged, convicted and imprisoned then the police/justice system/prisons are going to be put under a lot of strain.
    There does not appear to be a finite number of people willing to protest and be arrested.