Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PDC World Darts Champs 2016

Comments

• Options
    Wow what a performance from Eidam, ran MvG all the way.
  • Options
    What a game, loved every minute of that.
  • Options

That MVG game was excellent.

Great game. Reckon 'The Cube' Eidams missed a trick - should have called himself 'The Big Cheese'.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    football chants starting to do my head in, some utter clowns singing Louis van gals red and white army, been before so a good laugh to be had but there not even watching the darts to busy singing, some of the songs last night were a bit unfair you've only won 1 leg and laughing just a bit too far imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Going Sunday night, MVG, Wade, Barny, Bunting on same card, result for 2nd round.
  • Options

football chants starting to do my head in, some utter clowns singing Louis van gals red and white army, been before so a good laugh to be had but there not even watching the darts to busy singing, some of the songs last night were a bit unfair you've only won 1 leg and laughing just a bit too far imo.

Agree. Have noticed they are turning the sound down at times as well.
  • Options

Going Sunday night, MVG, Wade, Barny, Burning on same card, result for 2nd round.

Great line up that, enjoy.
  • Options
    MVG should win it but no value betting wise so have had a couple bets on J.Wade,M.Smith and P.Wright.Just hope taylor doesnt win it,cant knock his achievements but a horrible man!
  • Options

MVG should win it but no value betting wise so have had a couple bets on J.Wade,M.Smith and P.Wright.Just hope taylor doesnt win it,cant knock his achievements but a horrible man!

As horrible as he may be, there wouldn't be a PDC as we know it today without him. Darts certainly wouldn't be where it is today. Sometimes you have to have a somewhat hated respect for someone.

P.s. Bold on Smith, showing signs of improvement under new management but mentally looks as unstable as a top darts player can be.
  • Options
    I can see Painter beating Taylor in the 2nd round. I'm certainly not a fan of Painter he always comes across as becomming angry and frustrated when he's losing but I think Taylor was a bit fortunate - which he's no doubt earned over the years that Ono was certainly not on his game as he was in the pre-elim round. I'm a big fan of Taylor but think unless he improves from the 1st round then Painter might just see him off.

Still going for MVG to win it.

Football chants also doing my head in I just can't get my head around the ones who are more interested in the chants than the actual darts going on. One of these days it's going to go too far and I wouldn't honestly be surprised to see a large scale punch up break out and interrupt the darts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can see Painter beating Taylor in the 2nd round. I'm certainly not a fan of Painter he always comes across as becomming angry and frustrated when he's losing but I think Taylor was a bit fortunate - which he's no doubt earned over the years that Ono was certainly not on his game as he was in the pre-elim round. I'm a big fan of Taylor but think unless he improves from the 1st round then Painter might just see him off.

Football chants also doing my head in I just can't get my head around the ones who are more interested in the chants than the actual darts going on. One of these days it's going to go too far and I wouldn't honestly be surprised to see a large scale punch up break out and interrupt the darts.

167 out, 121 to win it, a 98 + average and 3-0 sets. If judging anyone on the first round it'll be MvG who looked short being pushed to the final few darts in a 5 setter against a pre-lim qualifier also.

What was strange though was his anger towards Sky Sports in the interview, something was up that he didn't like, he wasn't bothered at all in talking about the match, odd.
  • Options
    Atletico Addick understand your comments about Taylor but I've met him a few times in players hotel at various events my company sponsored and he isn't as nice as he makes out to be plus the indecent assault charges. Also agree MVG's interview was somewhat strange
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_bMhPEt3jU

phil taylor you dirty old bugger
  • Options
    Taylor was smashed out of his nut when he was interviewed after his first round match.
  • Options

167 out, 121 to win it, a 98 + average and 3-0 sets. If judging anyone on the first round it'll be MvG who looked short being pushed to the final few darts in a 5 setter against a pre-lim qualifier also.

What was strange though was his anger towards Sky Sports in the interview, something was up that he didn't like, he wasn't bothered at all in talking about the match, odd.
    I'm certainly not knocking Taylor's finishing from the 1st round, I just feel he was helped by Ono not performing to the standard he played in the qualifier. Taylor's finishing was the best on offer throughout the matches so far and he does usually step up the scoring as tournaments go on.

The only thing that concerns me is if he's reliant on 167's and 121's to win crucial legs fair play to the man but it's a big ask to keep doing it throughout the tournament. In days gone by a 121 or a 167 was just about your only chance of taking a leg off Taylor. I just feel he was let off the hook a little against Ono who couldn't finish and just feel a better player will not miss as many chances.

Don't get me wrong I want Taylor to win it but my head says MVG.
  • Options
    Thought Wade looked good last night. Will be having a little bet on him, most importantly seems in a good place and is practicing hard.
  • Options
    Wouldn't you be in a good place if Sammi Marsh woke up beside you every morning?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Nicholas said:

Taylor was smashed out of his nut when he was interviewed after his first round match.

Funny you say that, I don't think he's ever been a drinker or a substance user but was visibly shaking holding his darts & then slurring during his post match interview. I actually wondered whether it's the start of a serious illness like Parkinsons or something. Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope he was just pissed!!
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Funny you say that, I don't think he's ever been a drinker or a substance user but was visibly shaking holding his darts & then slurring during his post match interview. I actually wondered whether it's the start of a serious illness like Parkinsons or something. Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope he was just pissed!!
    Missed the interview, is it on You Tube?

Remember seeing Ted Hankey looking absolutely hammered and turned out he'd had a stroke.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Nicholas said:

Taylor's mum died this year. It may be relevant.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Mother-darts-ace-Phil-Taylor-died-fatal-lung/story-26850314-detail/story.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    red_murph said:

Thought Wade looked good last night. Will be having a little bet on him, most importantly seems in a good place and is practicing hard.

I'm on at 18/1
  • Options

red_murph said:

I'm on at 18/1
    Likewise have gone e\w though
  • Options
    I liked the way Michael Smith battled through a tough opponent last night.

Backed him ew at 40/1

Also done Wade at 16s
  • Options
    I threw £20 on Cristo Reyes after Newton absolutely fluked the first set

Now he's bloody 2-0 down!!!
  • Options
    This Newton vs reyes game is awful!
  • Options
    mate reckons newton is trying to throw this
  • Options
    not been watching he said the odds flipped massively when reyes pulled a set back
    just turned on and hes about to win so he's making that up !
  • Options
    Newton wins 3-1
  • Options
    What's with all the crowd muffling?
  • Options

What's with all the crowd muffling?

Crowd chanting 'Paedo Paedo' and Jimmy Saville related songs to some guy and 'Get your tits out for the lads' to someone else.. It's just getting a bit heated on a boozey Tuesday down at the Ally Pally.