Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dagenham and Redbridge v CAFC XI - 22 July 2015 - PSF - Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Hit well enough but shocking goalkeeping, any half decent keeper should have saved that. (sorry to be a chips pisser).
  • Options
    Very impressed with Ba
  • Options

223 away fans in s crowd of 750.

Up there with the 1,000 Leeds have taken to Austria...
    At least we didn't disgrace our club & country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-33620937
  • Options
    Went to this. I have not read what others have said yet.
    I don't think things are looking good based on that display, and I worry for the West Ham game, but yes pre season, fitness, experience and all that, don't read too much into it I know all that.
    Perhaps the real thing will improve the performance of the team, plus having more first teamers in the side.
    I first of all think we are desperately short at the back, or in central defence. I was yearning for a player like Ben Haim. Age and inexperience in that position are handicaps for Diarra, Patrick was so so at best, indeed the youngsters in the second half looked better in central defence. Fox was ok, so was Solly who crossed for the own goal.
    Ba did well, as did Charles Cook, Watt was enthusiastic, but Mackienok did not look all that to me, KAG was out wide which I didn't think suited him, JBG searching for fitness and getting into the groove.
    Second half. Kennedy better in midfield than up front as he was at Welling. Pigott disappointed, the Trialist was average, Umerah was OK, needs more experience, Konsa moved up to midfield played well, not much final ball from a positive Nego, THD was OK, took his goal well (but Dagenham were pretty poor throughout), however I enjoyed the second half much more than the first, mainly due to worries about central defence, and disappointment regarding Mackienok.
    Liked my visit there, great view, easy journey.
    Trying not to read too much into it, but not wonderful, however if we don't progress against Dagenham in the cup something will be seriously wrong.
    Sorry, but very underwhelmed.
  • Options
    The centre back situation is clearly at crisis point (or approaching it) with just over a fortnight till QPR. We need two proven top notch championship centre halves in the next two weeks; nothing less will do. At the moment I am wishing we had kept Ben Haim and Johnson..... They must have been prepared to get others in before letting them go.
  • Options
    Didn't go to this one I'm afraid. Just haven't got used to watching a game in colour!
  • Options

seth plum said:

I don't think things are looking good based on that display, and I worry for the West Ham game, but yes pre season, fitness, experience and all that, don't read too much into it I know all that.
    Perhaps the real thing will improve the performance of the team, plus having more first teamers in the side.
    I first of all think we are desperately short at the back, or in central defence. I was yearning for a player like Ben Haim. Age and inexperience in that position are handicaps for Diarra, Patrick was so so at best, indeed the youngsters in the second half looked better in central defence. Fox was ok, so was Solly who crossed for the own goal.
    Ba did well, as did Charles Cook, Watt was enthusiastic, but Mackienok did not look all that to me, KAG was out wide which I didn't think suited him, JBG searching for fitness and getting into the groove.
    Second half. Kennedy better in midfield than up front as he was at Welling. Pigott disappointed, the Trialist was average, Umerah was OK, needs more experience, Konsa moved up to midfield played well, not much final ball from a positive Nego, THD was OK, took his goal well (but Dagenham were pretty poor throughout), however I enjoyed the second half much more than the first, mainly due to worries about central defence, and disappointment regarding Mackienok.
    Trying not to read too much into it, but not wonderful, however if we don't progress against Dagenham in the cup something will be seriously wrong.

Well there's a surprise ;-)
    Based on that display.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure the own goal came about after we had the ball for about 3 minutes and 30 passes but as no one else has mention the Barcelona type passing it may of been a dream ?
    Not sure what to make of the two different teams tonight but it's all about the minutes and not the results.
    I thought German Patrick looks smooth on the ball, and Ba looks decent,
    Simon the Dane is a Target man but is he a goal scorer ?
    Time will tell.
    Homes-Dennis can strike a ball.
  • Options

Thanks a lot @Swisdom really appreciate the updates.

And if we can shut golfie up then even better...

get you..........and I thought this was a fan forum where you are allowed to air your views.
    He is!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Based on that display.

It's. A. Pre-season. Friendly.
  • Options
    I was there last nigt and have to say was not impressed by the first team players, in particular the new signings look out of their depth the best player for me in first half was Karl Ahern-grant, was every where even making good tackles in defence and willing to try and beat the player in attack.
    The youth team looked a lot better and it was an enjoyable second half.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Based on that display.

It's. A. Pre-season. Friendly.
    As. I. Repeatedly. Said.. In. My. Post.

• Options
    I was there too... If you weren't impressed last then I'd hate to think of what you thought of Sint Truiden!

I thought we did OK tonight. Pope made some good saves. A full pre season in the starting XI and he could go into the start of the season confident and ready if Hendo is out. Diarra was sloppy. Fox and Solly were OK. Bauer looked decent.

JBG wasn't too busy but had one good shot which I think was well saved. Ba was the stand out as has been said and I though Charles-Cook was out of his depth a little bit. Seemed to be following the ball a bit but credit it to him - he didn't stop trying and won it back a few times after losing it. KAG done well on the left but not his usual position. Watt and Makienok were also OK.

I enjoyed the second half a lot more. There was less playing it around the back 4 and it seemed more direct. THD looked decent. The two centre backs were sloppy and Nego needs to eat more! Cracking strike from THD but the defending was awful for it.

Kennedy looked the midfield were generally tidy - Kennedy the standout for me.

I thought Pigott done well compared to most others. Was the target man. Umerah should've scored one on one but I thought he and Pigott were too similar to play with each other.

Overall a good run out for first team and youth.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the match and also thought Ba looked decent. We played a 442 and although it gave us width I'm not sure if it would be my first choice formation.

Diarra looked vulnerable in a centre back 2, maybe he would be more comfortable in a 3 where his lack of pace would be less exposed. The width in a middle 4 came from JBG and AG hugging the touch line but left considerable distance between the centre 2 meaning they were constantly tracking across. When play broke down it was generally due to the space between players unable to pass and move in triangles etc.

I left the game thinking wingbacks would give us width and JBG could tuck inside where he would be able to get on the ball more and drift into space between the opposition defence and midfield, I really would like to see him used as a number10 rather than a winger.

Big Mak looked average, didn't really hold the ball up or link up midfield and attack and for his size thought he'd be stronger and have greater presence. Igor and TW with JBG floating in behind would be my first choice in attack.

We are 3/4 new players away and a less rigid formation from being decent champ team. It's your call Roly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To add to what I said.... Jodi Jones was good for them. Only 17 too...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

bloody hell. It's pre-season ffs. Half the players don't even know each others name let alone their game. The time to worry, or not, is about 4.50pm on Saturday 8th August, not now.

• Options
    Very good summary from Essex Al above. I'd like to have seen more from Makienok, albeit just a psf game; Piggott was much more willing to come short and receive the high ball. Ba and KAG were the picks and I reckon Luzon was referring to the latter as one of his four forwards with differing qualities, so expect to see him in contention at times. Also well done THD; strong and quick on the overlap as well as the fine goal.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

I was there last nigt and have to say was not impressed by the first team players, in particular the new signings look out of their depth the best player for me in first half was Karl Ahern-grant, was every where even making good tackles in defence and willing to try and beat the player in attack.
    The youth team looked a lot better and it was an enjoyable second half.

So you weren't impressed by Ba?

Very strange, I thought he ran the game in the first half!
  • Options

To add to what I said.... Jodi Jones was good for them. Only 17 too...

Agreed Rugby, I didn't realise he was only 17, looks a prospect.

I didn't know his name until he was substituted late in the game, but looking at him with his pony tail and dark skin, I was expecting to hear a Spanish name rather than a Welsh one!
  • Options
    Hopefully! Luzon certainly rates him. If Ba continues to impress against better opposition we might see those two as the defensive platform allowing Cousins more freedom to roam - as long as it's not out wide!