Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v West Ham - PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Best player I thought today was Martin Samuelsen for WHU. Looked different class to everyone else on the pitch. Not sure if he is in the first team, if not would love to get him on loan
  • Options

Best player I thought today was Martin Samuelsen for WHU. Looked different class to everyone else on the pitch. Not sure if he is in the first team, if not would love to get him on loan

If that's the Justin Bieber lookalike I agree. He played well.
  • Options

If that's the Justin Bieber lookalike I agree. He played well.
    Thought their number 9 was their best player, involved in every move. Only looked about 12 though.

For us I thought Charles-Cook looked good. Was impressed with KAG when he came on. Overall though we need to learn to have a shot.
  • Options
    best player for me was our very own Chris Solly. totally bossed their wingers.
  • Options
    Ba had a good game - played some great through balls,

Watt was his normal, tricky self, Problem is I just don't see him as a striker. He had a couple of chances today & missed them - the one in the second half when clean through he should at least hit the target. To me he is more of a creative midfielder - reminds me of Gordon Strachan or Pat Nevin (funny they are all Scottish). I;m afraid I don't see him scoring more than 8 or 10 goals in a season
  • Options
    My mates west ham and said Samuelson came from man city youth and is a real talent should be knocking on their first team door
  • Options

Ba had a good game - played some great through balls,

Watt was his normal, tricky self, Problem is I just don't see him as a striker. He had a couple of chances today & missed them - the one in the second half when clean through he should at least hit the target. To me he is more of a creative midfielder - reminds me of Gordon Strachan or Pat Nevin (funny they are all Scottish). I;m afraid I don't see him scoring more than 8 or 10 goals in a season

If that's the one I'm thinking of, he meant it as a pass. He was moaning like hell at Gudmundsson for not getting on the end of it. I still agree with your point though. I think it would be interesting to see him in a slightly withdrawn role, just behind to forwards that can shoot.
  • Options
    Payet dive. The ref was never gonna buy it.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Harriot booed when he came on

Didn't hear it in the East stand - where from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

Harriot booed when he came on

Didn't hear it in the East stand - where from?
    From a group of about 3 or 4 blokes at the back of the lower north.
  • Options
    Thought CH did well when he came on
  • Options
    For a friendly it was quite enjoyable. New players looked okay, thought Solly was our best player
  • Options
    Agree with most of the player comments and thought Charles whatever was promising. On the subs thought Harriott actually played pretty well - and Piggott only got a few minutes but did well. Stand out Subs were mad Kashi and KAG who, I hope, will have a good year - looks a very intelligent player.
  • Options
    How did Makienok play?
  • Options

PL54 said:

I assume the new ticket scanning thing work

Steward on most turnstiles and a few don't work...cost £500k to install so it ought to work!!
    It cost 500 grand?!
  • Options
    My theory is that Luzon likes ball-playing CBs so much that he's prepared to play a defensive midfielder there next to Bauer - Kashi and Ba will almost certainly spend time there this season. It is an interesting approach. Certainly the CBs have the most time in this league to pick a ball, so it helps to have a good passer there.
  • Options
    I appreciate ba played very well but also I thought Bauer was very very good today. Will be very good in championship and though it's early days dare I say could be one of our best defenders in a long long time. As a defender myself I watched him and diarra a lot today. Diarra was a beast in the air and so calm on the ball with more strength than you'd imagine but it was Bauer who stood out for me, the way he reads the game is impressive, he's judgement with interceptions and positioning was very good, he was confident in possession and has a good pass, and he flys in with challenges too. I could be wrong come may, but he has all the potential to take us to where we want to be which is the prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for those being there adding their comments. Absolutely smashed me.
  • Options
    Thought Mackienok ooked a real handful and will be a real pest for many championship defences.

Charles-Cook looked very good, in fact he has looked good in every game he has played. Hopefully he will get a chance this season
  • Options

I didn't think he was that great personally, he seems to me like the kind of player that'll be released when his contact expires and signed up by Leyton Orient!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Of the new players - I though BA looked terrific - has excellent touch and an energetic game. Cousins BA looks a good central pairing to me. I thought that apart from one communication issue that was his fault, not Pope's (who called for the ball) that Bauer looked like an asset.

Makienok looked like a typical scandinavian big lump - he isn't icredibly mobile but will put himself about and we will have to learn to play off him better. Like JBG, he didn't look 100% match sharp, but could be a useful option. Khashi looked to me, in only a short space of time admittedly as somebody who passes rather than creates - we shall see.

In the game itself, I thought Cousin's had the energy but his passing wasn't quite there but I think this will be a massive season for him.

Watt was busy - a bit greedy and should have scored at least one and set up JBG for another.

Solly was fabtastic - best player on the pitch. I though Fox looked solid. Harriot looked decent too I thought.

There wasn't anything to caus eus too much concern, despite the game not being the best. We still need a couple of centre backs if there is no place for Bikey in the squad and Henrywouldn't harm us. Obviously we had a few signings who were not playing. Vetokele was there with his missus - I was pleased we are trying to get his injury right .
  • Options
    Despite the scoreline, I optimistic for the coming season. The 3 Players that stood out me yesterday were Ba, Bauer and Cousins. If Watt or Vetokele can read some of Makienok's flick-ons we might start to create a few more chances. If we can add a few more players at CH, LW and up front, we'll have a good shout at the play-offs. Can't wait for 8 August ....