Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v West Ham - PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    'I wonder what the spatial diagrammatic of every movement traced over the duration of the match would look like – a rainbowed kinetic map. I’ll make one. I try to sketch one minute of the match at the 70 minute mark as a test interpretation of this idea, but it didn’t turn out very well, and later a fly defecated on it. Next time I’ll bring glitter pens.'

Keep it coming.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Leuth said:

I wasn't there yesterday, but a certain person was...

Oh good, I wanted to know what the game looks like through the eyes of a female student writer seemingly on shrooms...
    This is very invigorating! The crowed are bolstered by this very performative offering from Charlton and we even applaud at the end of our own choruses.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Entertaining and hilarious as ever.

• Options

Did kashi feature?

Ye think it was a tenner
  • Options
    I thought there No. 9 looked very good. There best player without a doubt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You ought to take football more seriously. There is a nervous reaction between our players when they are confronted by defenders on the half-way line on the wing.
    Our man has the ball at his feet, hammers it three yards, and gets it back.

This is a ricochet. It is not a pass. Meanwhile, the opponents intercept and are away, advancing, pulling back, spreading wide and swinging crosses in the box.

We simply don't have the mental or physical ability to fight in the Championship. All that dancing over the Dutch caps on the touchline in front of 15,000 fans - don't you think those fitness tests should have been earlier, out of sight?

May I give you another example? At half time in the FA Cup against Blackburn at The Valley last year, Callum Harriott ignored the stretching regime, ran over to Nick Pope, did a sort of dodge-and-weave, then flicked his ears.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the Valley pitch, the Blackburn reserve keeper was kept on his toes by his coach: three yards' hammering in to the midriff, quicker and closer.

Our players are girls. And we lost, 1-0.

Difficult job for Luzon, (or any manager) taking a bunch of players who probably never even heard of each other until a couple of weeks ago, and making a team out of them. A few disappointments to come in the next few weeks I would expect.
  • Options
    For a pre-season friendly this was quite an entertaining game. I thought all the new aquisitions showed promise and should, with further game time, improve, especially their understanding of the strengths, weaknesses and movement of their teammates . I take the yardstick that it takes 8-10 competitive games to bed players in to show their full potential, so fans should be prepared for early season hiccups. It may be a blessing in disguise that our early fixtures are tough and the team may be given some leeway by the fans.
    I still want to see more energy from the whole team in closing down the opposition quickly when the ball is lost, to regain possession. This is an area of play that is crucial in the Championship, as the weaker teams use this to their advantage, to put pressure on their opponents. So good teams, which I hope we develop into, must match that endevour. Then the class will tell.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

You ought to take football more seriously. There is a nervous reaction between our players when they are confronted by defenders on the half-way line on the wing.

This is a ricochet. It is not a pass. Meanwhile, the opponents intercept and are away, advancing, pulling back, spreading wide and swinging crosses in the box.

We simply don't have the mental or physical ability to fight in the Championship. All that dancing over the Dutch caps on the touchline in front of 15,000 fans - don't you think those fitness tests should have been earlier, out of sight?

May I give you another example? At half time in the FA Cup against Blackburn at The Valley last year, Callum Harriott ignored the stretching regime, ran over to Nick Pope, did a sort of dodge-and-weave, then flicked his ears.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the Valley pitch, the Blackburn reserve keeper was kept on his toes by his coach: three yards' hammering in to the midriff, quicker and closer.

Didnt we lose 2-1 against Blackburn in the FA Cup rather than 1-0

(Two goals from Taylor and a JBG Free-Kick?)
  • Options

Didnt we lose 2-1 against Blackburn in the FA Cup rather than 1-0

(Two goals from Taylor and a JBG Free-Kick?)
    Facts are not as funny as random out and out lies. Leave him be, it is comic gold.
  • Options
    Admin, can Viewfinder have his own thread please?
  • Options
    I though Makeniok was our best player yesterday, he certainly won a good few headers and his first touch was very good. He scuffed a chance in the 1st half but other than that he looked promising. Solly played really well (that tackle in the 2nd half was brilliant). Bauer looked really solid in defence but I thought Diarra looked shaky.

Watt was frustrating yesterday, his should have finished those two chances but he was around for them to finish. Him and Makeniok needs to work better together.

The finishing from both teams were poor but it looked a very good workout for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I wasn't there but we look quite good from the highlights that West Ham produced.

Will be good to see what highlights are on CAFC player over the next couple of days.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Great stuff as always. I was sure the loss of Bulot would put her off forever.
  • Options
    last time we drew with West Ham in a pre season friendly we went on to have a great season! Just saying lol.
  • Options

last time we drew with West Ham in a pre season friendly we went on to have a great season! Just saying lol.

We don't have a Superclive now,
    I like our forwards but simple tap ins will be our problem again.

• Options

I wasn't there but we look quite good from the highlights that West Ham produced.

Will be good to see what highlights are on CAFC player over the next couple of days.

ninety minutes turned into a couple of highlight minutes can make any team look good but I am sure this season will be better than last

• Options
    We can obviously create chances, let's just tidy up the finishing and defending.
  • Options
    was at the game was very impressed by Bauer he was very dominant , at 6ft5 he should be but all the same impressed. thought pope looked a completely diff keeper was bossing his area looked the keeper his early promise showed.

Ba - was busy around the pitch showed some nice touches and tenacious in the tackle him and cousins were good partnership
    kashi - lucky not to get booked IMO his tacklew tih first touch was poor and was sat right next to west ham dug out and Bilic was fuming . other than that didnt really make much impact for me
    Makienok - good touches but partbership with watt gonna take time we must give them time

liked the look of charles -c ook too he played well.
  • Options
    Ba looked alright, fully expect him to play a big role this season if he remains fit.
    Not sure Watt is 100% up to speed yet.
    Happy to start with Pope against QPR, but we NEED a proper CB to partner Bauer.
    Fox and Solly both did well.
    Pleasing to see so many of our academy products playing towards the end against a PL side (granted a weakened side) but still.
  • Options
    from those highlights i'm optimistic. Just need that finishing touch that may well come with games. Looks like we were the better team for much of the game.