Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium - Please sign the NEW PETITION

Comments

• Options
    Come on, read the articles on the issue, BBC articles online, the title of the BBC documentary.
    It's all about West Ham and free rides, West Ham getting a leg up, West Ham doing this, West Ham doing that.
    This whole sorry saga has cost the taxpayer millions, agreed. But why is no one in the media investigating the flaws in the whole initial process/design of the stadium that resulted in conversion costs of over 270 million ?
    West Ham have won their bidding process and a judicial review has already declared that the tender process was open, fair and transparent.
    The LLDC may have negotiated badly or maybe they fell for West Ham playing hardball or bluffing.
    The LLDC could still have walked away from a deal if they thought West Ham weren't contributing enough.
    They still signed the deal. Why ? Well, let's have that bloody enquiry and find out.
    I understand that rival clubs ideally would want West Ham to pay for the whole conversion upfront, pay ten milllion a year in rent, give all the naming rights to the taxpayer and still not own anything, I do appreciate that sentiment from a rival club's fans' view.
    I'd still like to hear who'd be the right person or institution to determine what constitutes a fair deal.
    It surely cannot be any of the other clubs as they'd be obviously biased in their views and have a vested interest to make West Ham pay as much as possible.
    Would you be happy with the European Commission setting terms for a fair deal ?
    And would you accept their ruling ? Or FIFA's ? Or the Premier League's ?
    And would you actually accept their verdict ? You may all consider it to be an unfair deal.
    Well, maybe it is simply the best deal the LLDC could get under the circumstances.
    If this was not a rival football club benefitting, but some other kind of business benefitting from renting a public asset, nobody would bat an eyelash, just look at how much public money is being wasted with people being not really that bothered overall.

• Options

If West Ham love blowing bubbles so much, perhaps they'll rename themselves Olympiakos
  • Options

Come on, read the articles on the issue, BBC articles online, the title of the BBC documentary.
    It's all about West Ham and free rides, West Ham getting a leg up, West Ham doing this, West Ham doing that.
    This whole sorry saga has cost the taxpayer millions, agreed. But why is no one in the media investigating the flaws in the whole initial process/design of the stadium that resulted in conversion costs of over 270 million ?
    West Ham have won their bidding process and a judicial review has already declared that the tender process was open, fair and transparent.
    The LLDC may have negotiated badly or maybe they fell for West Ham playing hardball or bluffing.
    The LLDC could still have walked away from a deal if they thought West Ham weren't contributing enough.
    They still signed the deal. Why ? Well, let's have that bloody enquiry and find out.
    I understand that rival clubs ideally would want West Ham to pay for the whole conversion upfront, pay ten milllion a year in rent, give all the naming rights to the taxpayer and still not own anything, I do appreciate that sentiment from a rival club's fans' view.
    I'd still like to hear who'd be the right person or institution to determine what constitutes a fair deal.
    It surely cannot be any of the other clubs as they'd be obviously biased in their views and have a vested interest to make West Ham pay as much as possible.
    And would you actually accept their verdict ? You may all consider it to be an unfair deal.
    Well, maybe it is simply the best deal the LLDC could get under the circumstances.
    If this was not a rival football club benefitting, but some other kind of business benefitting from renting a public asset, nobody would bat an eyelash, just look at how much public money is being wasted with people being not really that bothered overall.

The best deal they could get? This is exactly what we are trying to find out
  • Options
    Signed, 11,000 and something I was.
  • Options
    Well done @rikofold thought you spoke well
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

se9addick said:

I just get the hump that West Ham are being painted as the villain here when they only did (as far as we know) waht any other club would have done in the same situation - negotiating the best deal they could.
    If there is indeed dirt to dig up, fair enough. Until they find something though, we have to assume everything has been done correctly.

Who is painting West Ham "as the villain" ?
    Nobody is, I agree. I think it's rather Wet Spam acting the victim!!

The blame here, if blame can be attributed following a full and transparent review of how tax payers money has been spent, will lie with LLDC/Bozo BoJo/politicians. If neglect in a public office can be shown to have taken place then as far as I'm concerned any contract between LLDC and WH should be thrown out.
    Misfeasance in public office is probably the way to go. I believe there is no need to prove something was illegal, merely improper.
  • Options

Yes, the LLDC are culpable, absolutely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Playing the victim again.

Yes, West Ham have got away with blue murder - in much the same way Liverpool got away with blue murder on Monday against Bournemouth. Similarly, that wasn't their fault but rather poor judgement/incompetence by the people in charge.
  • Options
    I won't sign the petition. Which in my view you should have started a lot earlier. I know you have done stuff for a while, but the petition as such has been started less than 12 months before West Ham move in.
    This thing has been allowed to gone on for far too long. You are aware there is a binding contract between the LLDC and West Ham ? Unless that contract came about in an unlawful way the terms of the deal cannot be changed on a whim without West Ham having the right to sue.
    By all accounts, let the Daily Mail (what a quality newspaper that is) send out their armada of investigative journalists, let them try to dig up dirt and make heads roll in the aftermath of it. That is all your good right.
    It just remains to be seen if your enquiry will result in getting the terms of the deal changed.
    It's not as easy as respraying a car. You have a hard fight ahead here. Because surely the LLDC and West Ham will start fighting back at one point. But I'm looking very much forward to the results of an enquiry and the stellar work of the Daily Mail journalists.
  • Options
    Over 12,000 on the petition now. Great piece on TV: fairness and transparency are what we want, deserve and need.
  • Options

From this, it appears you might want transparency over the whole thing. Which is what the petition calls for, given the amount of redacted information when the information was requested via the Freedom of Information Act...

In which case, sign the petition, because that is what it calls for.

We might be unhappy, yes, but at the moment the vast majority of us are unhappy not solely because of the deal, but because the deal is unclear.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

How about the full proceeds of the sale of the Boleyn Ground, £4m a year rent and cover all match day and associated costs yourselves as a starter...
    Plus at least 50% of conversion costs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can we also take this opportunity to pause and say welcome and good evening to both Davids, Boris, those involved at LLDC, maybe Seb himself and of course Lady Brady as she should be correctly addressed. I have no doubt all those involved are being regularly updated as this issue gathers momentum.

We very much look forward to your explanation of the circumstances of the deal at some point in the near future.

I trace a hint of irony, BA ;-)

• Options

I won't sign the petition. Which in my view you should have started a lot earlier. I know you have done stuff for a while, but the petition as such has been started less than 12 months before West Ham move in.
    This thing has been allowed to gone on for far too long. You are aware there is a binding contract between the LLDC and West Ham ? Unless that contract came about in an unlawful way the terms of the deal cannot be changed on a whim without West Ham having the right to sue.
    By all accounts, let the Daily Mail (what a quality newspaper that is) send out their armada of investigative journalists, let them try to dig up dirt and make heads roll in the aftermath of it. That is all your good right.
    It just remains to be seen if your enquiry will result in getting the terms of the deal changed.
    It's not as easy as respraying a car. You have a hard fight ahead here. Because surely the LLDC and West Ham will start fighting back at one point. But I'm looking very much forward to the results of an enquiry and the stellar work of the Daily Mail journalists.

My understanding is that Barry Hearn and Orient tried to dig into this considerably earlier. For whatever reason they failed to get very far. This matter has only gained traction with the intervention and cooperation of other clubs.

I don't blame West Ham for this but it is a fact that the media traditionally give the club an easier ride than others. Hence the inability of "plucky little Leyton Orient" to make a dent on the "1966 World Cup winners" when it came to this matter.
  • Options
  • Options

Belief is reality

Give it up
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

How about the full proceeds of the sale of the Boleyn Ground, £4m a year rent and cover all match day and associated costs yourselves as a starter...
    Plus at least 50% of conversion costs.
    Didn't Man City also give a cut to the council for any tickets they sold over the capacity of Maine Rd?
  • Options
    http://www.claretandhugh.info/olympic-stadium-petition-passes-10000-mark/

@prague there is a document linked at the bottom of the page, have you seen this..??
  • Options
    13,000 up.
  • Options
    Half of Fleet Street is pro West Ham ? Shame then you don't get to hear from them that often. There surely isn't a lot of pro West Ham reporting in the media. You will say that is because there is no reason for positive reporting hen it comes to West Ham and the OS. You have enough signatures already, so the government needs to discuss a public enquiry now, fair enough.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    It's quite amazing how this is gathering momentum . At least 100 people are signing up every 10 minutes.