Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium - Please sign the NEW PETITION

Comments

• Options
    10,000!
  • Options
    It's now hit 10k! Great effort...
  • Options
    Fantastic!! Only another 90,000 to go! Well done all.
  • Options

AsI said, good luck with it. As you well know a lot of West Ham fans are up in arms over having to move from the Boleyn. I very much doubt though that club owners oeverall would care too much about fans not liking a business decision on behalf of the club.
    if Spurs had got a deal that was favourabel enough for them they would have moved to the OS, no matter if the fans had liked that or not. I think football fans sometimes overestimate their power to influence club decisions.
    They can of course always vote with their feet, stop going to games, stop buying merchandise and the like.
    And once again: The OS wasn't built for West Ham, it was built and served its purpose with hosting the Olympic Games. The decision to maintain an athletics legacy and raising further regular income from converting the OS to a multi purpose stadium made a football tenant very much necessary.
    The government decided they wanted to keep the OS going. And there weren't too many suitable parties around to submit financially viable bids. That's why West Ham were in a decent negotiating position and that's why they could get a good deal. The LLDC had to make the best of crap circumstances caused by bad decisions from people the media seem to be reluctant talking about.
    I very much doubt an enquiry will reveal the big conspiracy you might be looking for.

I think we won't need an inquiry to uncover the dirt. Some serious journalists are all over it now, including the two Mail journalists who nailed the murderers of Steven Lawrence when the law and other processes didn't.

You've been civil and articulate. Quite ironic that it takes a German Hammer to show the rest of them how to conduct the argument properly.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

The latest West Ham argument. Doesn't sound like they're too keen on you PA... http://www.claretandhugh.info/taxpayer-would-lose-out-from-a-public-enquiry/

"Interestingly the Lions Trust from local rivals Millwall do not to appear to have backed the call for a public enquiry"

When you have to infer that Millwall fans don't get the need for something as proof that it shouldn't happen you really are clutching at straws.
  • Options
    Yes, but to be fair to the spanners they have publicised it among their forums.

Might need to wash my mouth out now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The latest West Ham argument. Doesn't sound like they're too keen on you PA... http://www.claretandhugh.info/taxpayer-would-lose-out-from-a-public-enquiry/

"Interestingly the Lions Trust from local rivals Millwall do not to appear to have backed the call for a public enquiry"

When you're to infer that Millwall fans don't get the need for something as proof that it shouldn't happen you really are clutching at straws.
    It's the last sentence that demonstrates they just don't get it.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Yes, but to be fair to the spanners they have publicised it among their forums.

Might need to wash my mouth out now.

According to their message boards, quite a few of them are signing it
  • Options

I presume the angry 'HamburgHammer' and 'GermanEastEnder' are one and the same?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just get the hump that West Ham are being painted as the villain here when they only did (as far as we know) waht any other club would have done in the same situation - negotiating the best deal they could.
    If there is indeed dirt to dig up, fair enough. Until they find something though, we have to assume everything has been done correctly.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Apart from the personalisation stuff trying to make it sound as if the whole campaign is about Richard Hunt and no-one else, and the author's inability to check facts, "The new petition is supposedly backed by ..." it is largely an article of blind faith in defending the club he supports. Very little substance to it.

There is one very interesting point though, "the best solution is just to publish a full and un-censored copy of the Olympic agreement and be done with it. I understand, West Ham could not do this unilaterally without the agreement of the LLDC". Go on then West Ham, do it. I dare you.
    Eventually they may have no choice ...the question will be if it ever gets to the public domain
  • Options

I just get the hump that West Ham are being painted as the villain here when they only did (as far as we know) waht any other club would have done in the same situation - negotiating the best deal they could.
    If there is indeed dirt to dig up, fair enough. Until they find something though, we have to assume everything has been done correctly.

But you've been on this thread for long enough now to know it's not about underhand dealing, it's about the level of funds the taxpayer are contributing to your operation. With zero infrastructure costs thanks to the taxpayer, West Ham have been given - in my view - an unfair advantage and are far from paying their way.

The way forward is to publish the terms of that deal. Simples.
  • Options
    p.s. Just hit 11,000.

Have shared in work...should add a good few over next few days.
  • Options
    Richard Pemberton as on BBC London tonight.......
  • Options

Who is painting West Ham "as the villain" ?
  • Options
    Is this just for West Ham costs, or does that include the costs LLDC will cover for UK Athletics, England Athletics and other events rights hosts?
  • Options

Surely, if we are going to assume anything, we should wonder what has been redacted in the FOI request, given the little gems they have let us see (if only by accident). Therefore, lets keep digging - why don't you join us ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Who is painting West Ham "as the villain" ?
    Nobody is, I agree. I think it's rather Wet Spam acting the victim!!

The blame here, if blame can be attributed following a full and transparent review of how tax payers money has been spent, will lie with LLDC/Bozo BoJo/politicians. If neglect in a public office can be shown to have taken place then as far as I'm concerned any contract between LLDC and WH should be thrown out.
  • Options
    Interesting that the substandard had it on their website but I can't find it in the hard copy West End final edition. They do love Boris though.
  • Options

No, they're probably not.

If Brady's goons have done their homework, which they obviously have, they will know what part Prague played in successfully getting Charlton back to The Valley.

• Options

He's a better looking fella than I imagined...
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Scrubs up well in photoshop!.... badges are straight as well.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Is this just for West Ham costs, or does that include the costs LLDC will cover for UK Athletics, England Athletics and other events rights hosts?

It's based on an analysis of Premier League club matchday costs. That is, what does West Ham save by not having to pay for what other clubs have to.
  • Options
    Live from Prague in person..... or recorded earlier anyway
  • Options
    rikofold said:

and properly dressed too unlike that other "plum" © KUMB
  • Options

rikofold said:

and properly dressed too unlike that other "plum" © KUMB
    And when you watch the BBC London report, you'll notice your yellow top and gilet working their way back in.