Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium - Please sign the NEW PETITION

Comments

• Options
    Nearly 2800 when I signed.
  • Options
    Signed it finally.

• Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    Any idea of the total membership size of the trusts involved Prague? This should easily clear 10,000 signatures. Has The Standard picked it up yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Any idea of the total membership size of the trusts involved Prague? This should easily clear 10,000 signatures. Has The Standard picked it up yet?

Evening Standard: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-chelsea-and-tottenham-supporters-amongst-london-fan-coalition-challenging-west-ham-s-olympic-a2917206.html
    I like the way the 'Big Clubs' get in the headline!

• Options

Agree, @redman and @DaveMehmet: London clubs most immediately/ directly affected, so they have come on board quickly, but, yes, it affects all UK taxpayers - we're now all West Ham "supporters", whether we like it or not.

Don't worry , we will get there. FSF already on board.
  • Options
    Done, 3082
  • Options

BBC asking that, and so we've asked the Trusts. Spurs claim 10,000. And frankly, having experienced the awesome power of the two people who drive that Trust, in the last few days, I believe them. I'm glad we are on the same side!

Crashed 3,000, BTW.
  • Options
    Done, 3112
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have you been lucky yet with the Manchester United and City, the Liverpool and Everton plus the Chelsea fans ?
    Why stop halfway ? Get Celtic and Rangers in too. No, honestly good luck with this, it can only be good if we finally get to hear some more details.
    However, even once those details have been revealed that doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a subsequent court ruling that'll result in West Ham paying a single pound more.
    If the LLDC has got this legally watertight and can prove this is the best deal they could negotiate on behalf of the taxpayer under the circumstances of a rental deal I don't see how this deal could be challenged.
  • Options

Have you been lucky yet with the Manchester United and City, the Liverpool and Everton plus the Chelsea fans ?
    Why stop halfway ? Get Celtic and Rangers in too. No, honestly good luck with this, it can only be good if we finally get to hear some more details.
    However, even once those details have been revealed that doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a subsequent court ruling that'll result in West Ham paying a single pound more.
    If the LLDC has got this legally watertight and can prove this is the best deal they could negotiate on behalf of the taxpayer under the circumstances of a rental deal I don't see how this deal could be challenged.

Well, we'll see.

You never got back to me about what we can learn from the German model. Most German clubs don't own their own grounds, do they?

• Options

City especially could be an interesting one to get in board.
  • Options
    Done 3249
  • Options
    Done. 3287
  • Options
    Signed (UK citizen living in NZ)
  • Options
    Done. 3300+
  • Options
    Just done. Think I am 3,450th.
  • Options
    3,514th :smile:
  • Options
    Just been on BBC London news apparently.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was 3,608
  • Options
    True most German clubs own their grounds these days, but not all of them. I cannot remember any controversy though over the Olympic Stadiums in Munich and Berlin being used by their respective football clubs.
  • Options
  • Options

True most German clubs own their grounds these days, but not all of them. I cannot remember any controversy though over the Olympic Stadiums in Munich and Berlin being used by their respective football clubs.

Well that's why I asked you. I studied the Allianz Arena story, hoping to find something smelly, since I don't like Bayern, but I didn't find any. At least not on the Bayern side. It was TSV who caused problems.

Which German team do you support by the way?
  • Options
    Done, 3989
  • Options
    4000 up
  • Options
    Who wants to be signatory number 4,000? hurry!

Coincidentally that will take us into the top 40 of petitions on that website, of 760 in total. But most of the others have been there months...
  • Options
    Done x 2 Fanackapans.
  • Options
    Sorry, too late...4,008
  • Options
    Done 4009