Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Touchdown number 3 for the Seahawks after Wilson looked in big trouble there.

21-31 with 6:04 left on the clock.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Seahawks field goal makes it 24-31 with 1:12 and one time-out left.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It's over. 24-31.

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers next Sunday to decide the NFC champion.

AFC champion decided on Saturday, it'll be either:

Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England
    OR
    New England @ Denver

depending on the winner of this next game.
  • Options

How do the top teams manage draft talents like Tyler Lockett in the third round, passing everyone else by?

They employ the best scouts imo. Quick example, my Redskins last year took the lead recruitment guy from the Seahawks. We traded, lots of in and outs plus some good rookies. From 4 and 12 to 9 and 7. No coincidence imo.

Incidentally if Seattle can score again this quarter it reminds me of the Bills v Oilers game 20 plus years ago
    Now THAT was a game. Frank Reich's finest hour. Actually, pretty much Frank Reich's ONLY hour.

Damn the Bills were the unluckiest team in history. Jim Kelly was an absolute beast at qb, they had Cornelius Bennett at LB and Bruce Smith at DE, Thurman Thomas in the backfield and Pete Metzelaars (most underrated TE ever) and Andre Reed and Don Beebe catching passes

If only Marv Levy could coach a playoff team, or Scott Norwood could kick straight...
  • Options

AFC champion decided on Saturday, it'll be either:

Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England
    OR
    New England @ Denver

depending on the winner of this next game.

Denver win 16-23.
  • Options
    Wow, apart from the Pats I've got all winners called wrong this season. What a weird one.
  • Options
    I lied. Patriots @ Broncos is also on Sunday. :-)

Patriots @ Broncos is the earlier game (coverage starts at 7:30pm) and Cardinals @ Panthers is the late game.
  • Options
    I think Denver were lucky to win that and I thought it was a pretty flat game. The Steelers fumble turnover in the 4th quarter was the turning point. I can't see Denver beating the Pats if they play like that even if they are at home.
  • Options
    Am torn on who want to win.

Would love Peyton to win another and then retire but also think the Panthers and cardinals been playing exciting football.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Would love Peyton to win another and then retire but also think the Panthers and cardinals been playing exciting football.

Panthers for me as all my other fancies have bowed out .. the New England near monopoly is getting boring, the whole ethos of the NFL, through the draft system, is that every dog should have its day. The Patriots are in 'danger' of becoming a Barcelona/Bayern Munich club and that can't be good for the game. Perhaps free agency needs some fine tuning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

MrOneLung said:

Panthers for me as all my other fancies have bowed out .. the New England near monopoly is getting boring, the whole ethos of the NFL, through the draft system, is that every dog should have its day. The Patriots are in 'danger' of becoming a Barcelona/Bayern Munich club and that can't be good for the game. Perhaps free agency needs some fine tuning.
    No fine tuning. Pats monopoly ends when Brady retires.

Now that the Patriots have beaten my Chiefs i would prefer them to go all the way. Although wouldn't mind seeing Arizona win it.
  • Options
    Steelers blew that game. Mannings noodle arm will cost them against the Pats.
  • Options
    Anyone But New England
  • Options
    Panthers for me.
    Arizona 2nd choice.
  • Options
    Pats steamrolling along, will retire Manning next week then hopefully smash the shit out of Panthers or Cardinals.

Anyone who claims they need to change something to stop dominant teams, it just highlights how good a job Belichik and Brady do staying at the top of the pile, even with great talents leaving year on year. Talib, Wilfork, Hoomanawanui, Walker, Revis, Browner, Vereen and Mankins all left in the past 3/4 seasons, most of them replaced by players no one else wanted and the Patriots made them better players, got them playing together and winning
  • Options
    The NFL has changed. Listen to the radio here in Boston, and it's frequently pointed out that the league has moved to passing/scoring to feed the very profitable Fantasy Football monsters. While they don't like what it's become, it has fed into the Pats success, because it's a quarterback/coach league. As long as you have both, you've got an excellent chance of being successful.

Changing he draft or free agency won't change that. Pats have been successful because of Brady's longevity ( and he doesn't seem to be slowing down yet), and Belicheks coaching. The always draft low, and regularly lose decent players to free agency. The rarely sign anyone to big money from outside the organization. Revis was a rare exception, but that was a one year deal.

They really are just better run that any other team. The screw ups you see on contracts and boneheaded plays/mismanagement you see every week, rarely happen to them.

Plus they are in everyone's heads. You watch most games and just wait for the other teach to outthink themselves. A lot of the time Pats wins are simply the result of not making stupid mistakes.

But it does get boring. I just wish Charlton were as boring as these guys.
  • Options
    Giants v Rams at Twickenham and Skins v Bengals at Wembley, first batch of tickets on sale from 10am tomorrow for those who fancy it. Only the dearest tickets tomorrow then cheaper ones on the 21st. I think Dolphins Jets sold out very fast last year (no doubt cos of the glory boy '80s 'Phins fans like me snapping them up.)

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl
  • Options
    LA Rams vs. NY Giants will be a good fixture to have in London.
  • Options
    what the bookies think .. and an interesting Brady stat .. does it suit him being a mile high ?
    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/super-bowl-50-vegas-odds-for-the-remaining-4-teams.html/?a=viewall
  • Options
    edited January 2016

what the bookies think .. and an interesting Brady stat .. does it suit him being a mile high ?
    http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/super-bowl-50-vegas-odds-for-the-remaining-4-teams.html/?a=viewall

Heard that Brady stat this morning. I think the Broncos will sneak it. Panthers to win the Superbowl though I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Just got my giants vs Rams tickets, all 3 games are out today if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    Got my tickets to see my Skins play the Bengals in October.
  • Options
    What are the ticket prices like? Shame that there's no Cowboys or Chargers games.
  • Options
    I know that feeling Callum, the SD/Saints game in 2008 was awesome.

Difficult to look past a NEvCarolina SB. But, any given Sunday and all that.
  • Options
    Come on the Broncos (kiss of death lol)
  • Options
    Just waiting for Patriots to have one of their 4th quarters.
  • Options
    Got to hand it to the Denver D, they have been superb throughout. Looks like the Broncos may now hold on.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Patriots come up short on 4th & 1... Still eight behind with six minutes left.
  • Options
    Patriots have been shite all game, letting punts go to the 1 yard line when you are playing the best D in the league is stupid, running first downs constantly when you have your fourth choice RB is stupid, playing empty back against a team that keeps sacking you or pressuring you is stupid.
  • Options
    Broncos have been horrible on offense. Patriots have been horrible on offense too. Broncos marginally better on defense. This drive is the game. Patriots score here and they'll win