Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Don't know why they don't just do it on a points difference basis. Would make things a lot easier.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    So the post season line up has been finalised...

Kansas and Pittsburgh going to Houston and Cincinnati respectively while New England and Denver are through to the divisional.

Seattle go to Minnesota and Green Bay travel to Washington after the Vikings won in the late game! Carolina and Arizona await the victors of the NFC wildcard round.

I fancy every wildcard team to progress this year. The strongest divisional winners are definitely Minnesota and Cincinnati but they have it far from easy against Seattle and Pittsburgh. While I can see Houston and Washington getting turned over as well.

• Options
    Agreed re wildcard teams.

Can only see wins for Kansas,Pittsburgh, and Seattle with green Bay at Redskins only doubt in my mind purely as Rodgers has been bashed up last couple of weeks.

Fancy Steelers vs Arizona/Seattle in the Superbowl now.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chargers and Cowboys... Only way I could've picked worse was if I went for Tennessee and Cleveland! Totally Charltonised.
  • Options
    Charlton Life NFL Post Season fans.....

AFC:
    Bengals - Bigbadbozman
    Broncos – Leroy Ambrose, sonicstud85
    Chiefs – johnny73, Minkcafc, stackitsteve
    Patriots – ForeverAddickted, RalphMilnesgut, Sam3110, SomervilleAddick
    Steelers - Ben18, Pedro45, ScrappyCAFC, WestSA
    Texans

NFC:

Cardinals
    Packers – CAFCjoe94, Macronate
    Panthers
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, cafckev, hudson-son-son, Pedro45, tonyupnorth
    Seahawks - Cafcspud, thecrazyaddick
    Vikings - flyingkiwiDK, Lincsaddick
  • Options
    2 weeks ago you would have said the Cards and Panthers were nailed on for the NFC championship. I now think it will be the Seahawks who will win the NFC.
    The AFC is harder to call, Manning coming back was big last night, but I have a funny feeling the Steelers will somehow end of winning the AFC.

So Super Bowl will be Seahawks vs steelers - winner Hawks
  • Options
    Think the AFC is weak but the Superbowl is a one off game and you never know. Chiefs would have a chance if they weren't so dire in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Think my Redskins have an even chance v the Pack. Will be close and probably decided by turnovers/penalties. 6/8 wins at home and Cousins cutting out the interceptions. Great effort from this seasons 31st ranked team:)

Agree about the other wild card teams - they should all progress. However will Williams be fit for the Steelers - either way the Bungals usually choke?

Always fancied the Seahawks. Could have been a threepeat for them, but for that crass decision to throw at the end of the Superbowl.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pats have been crap the past couple of weeks, injuries taking their toll, plays being found out, conserving themselves for the post season, or easier games at the start of the schedule? I hope its a mixture of 1 and 3.
  • Options

2 weeks ago you would have said the Cards and Panthers were nailed on for the NFC championship. I now think it will be the Seahawks who will win the NFC.
    The AFC is harder to call, Manning coming back was big last night, but I have a funny feeling the Steelers will somehow end of winning the AFC.

But it will be Raiders for Superbowl LI ......
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

But it will be Raiders for Superbowl LI ......
    Raiders lack depth as well as FS/SS MLB, G, T and another pass rusher especially if Edwards neck injury is serious.

We should have many of these sorted in free agency and the draft ( not a lot of top end talent this year but generally strong)

We now look like a team on the up so attracting free agents not just with extra $$ should be easier.

If we move to LA (hope not) that will help as well.

I think play offs should be the minimum next year.
  • Options
    Just on my way back from a New Years trip to Dallas. Man, the Cowboys are nearly as bad as Charlton. No worthy QB back up, no Receiver with Dez's physical presence no RB good enough to win games like Di Marco Murray. The stadium is absolutely amazing though - even managed to score my PAT attempt, which nowadays is 35 yards out!
  • Options
    If the Cowboys are nearly as bad, the chargers are the NFL's Charlton equivalent, especially when it comes to finding a way to lose. Only the chargers could force 5 turnovers against Denver and still lose the game. Add in all the injuries and a fan base not convinced by the owner....starting to sound too similar.

The only positive is Denver struggled to beat what was essentially Rivers + a practice squad, can't see them going deep into the playoffs. NFC is stronger by far this year. I'd go Chiefs or Steelers from the AFC but could be any one of Panthers, Packers, Cardinals, Seahawks or even Vikings from the NFC.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    supaclive said:

Just on my way back from a New Years trip to Dallas. Man, the Cowboys are nearly as bad as Charlton. No worthy QB back up, no Receiver with Dez's physical presence no RB good enough to win games like Di Marco Murray. The stadium is absolutely amazing though - even managed to score my PAT attempt, which nowadays is 35 yards out!

Without doubt, the loss of Romo ended their season, he has been a big big miss for them. But when you have players like Jason Witten, you are always in with a chance but even he seemed to be having a poor second half to the season compared to normal.

Mind you, it was good to see them lose at home to the Redskins ( although was a shame to spoil your adventure supaclive ).

• Options
    Big Ben will kill us again in another unconvincing play off loss 34-17 Steelers, roll on September!!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Pats have been crap the past couple of weeks, injuries taking their toll, plays being found out, conserving themselves for the post season, or easier games at the start of the schedule? I hope its a mixture of 1 and 3.

Well nobody around here is really sure. I think consensus is that they were half into not getting any more injuries, and half into winning - which of course results in not winning, and more injuries. Part of me is pissed they gave up the #1 seed, but the other part isn't, as I wouldn't be able to go to the game as I'll be off skiing.

But, assuming the get healthy before their next game, I'd expect them to win, and end up playing the Steelers at home. I'm certain they'll beat the Bengals (because they're the Bengal, and losing in big games is what they do), and I don't think Denver can out score them, even at Mile High.
  • Options
    Aww man, I wish I could afford to go to the Giants game. Looks like all they have left are £60 tickets, and that's restricted view. Other wise its £80.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Aww man, I wish I could afford to go to the Giants game. Looks like all they have left are £60 tickets, and that's restricted view. Other wise its £80.

I don't think individual game tickets are on sale yet.
    Only season tickets for all 3 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh really? Awesome!
  • Options
    What's a Post Season ?

Thanks
    Herts
    Phins Fan
  • Options

What's a Post Season ?

Thanks
    Herts
    Phins Fan

One positive, Dolphins are the most supported team on Charlton Life.
    Small victories and all that.
  • Options

Big Ben will kill us again in another unconvincing play off loss 34-17 Steelers, roll on September!!!

Just seen that the Bengals game is on a death o'clock sat night, not only do I get the see the boys bounce swiftly out of the post season once again I also get to ruin Sunday by being knackered as well, brilliant
  • Options
    Current post season droughts

Buffalo Bills 16 years
    Oakland Raiders 13
    Cleveland Browns 13
    St. Louis Rams 11
    Jacksonville Jaguars 8
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8
    Tennessee Titans 7
    Miami Dolphins 7
    New York Jets 5
    Chicago Bears 5
    New York Giants 4
    Atlanta Falcons 3
    Philadelphia Eagles. 2
    San Diego Chargers 2
    New Orleans Saints 2
    San Francisco 49ers 2
    Detroit Lions 1
    Baltimore Ravens 1
    Dallas Cowboys 1
    Indianapolis Colts 1
  • Options
    Wildcard weekend. Anyone else aiming to watch most if not all of the action?

Minnesota v Seattle could be interesting, current weather forecast shows it could go as low as -17c.
  • Options
    I will be watching all 4, the most competitive game I think will be steelers vs bengals.

Anyone interested in the London games tickets are on sale Thursday 21st January.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Wildcard weekend. Anyone else aiming to watch most if not all of the action?

Minnesota v Seattle could be interesting, current weather forecast shows it could go as low as -17c.

I plan to watch this one. Go Vikes!

• Options
    Go Redskins !!!