Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I'll be shocked if the Patriots don't represent AFC at the Super Bowl. The odds on them producing a perfect season have got to be really short as well.

On the NFC side, it's much harder to call. Green Bay will always be around the play off picture but did just lose three in a row. Carolina look like a force to be reckoned with this season as do the Cardinals. I'm not discounting the Seahawks or NFC East winners either.
  • Options
    Pats yes, at this stage look invincible. Green Bay have weaknesses that opposing teams are exposing.

Their rush defence is awful and with injuries to their secondary, any half decent QB can pick that apart. It's just whether you can keep Rodgers off the field long enough to have an impact.

Whilst I can't see them making the SB, the Vikings are quietly going about their business, Peterson on track to set new career high rushing yards.

Has anyone else seen Osi Umenyiora's analysis of SuperCam on the highlights show? I'll dig it out later.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Traditionally any team playing at Wembley will have their bye week straight after to give them time to readjust to the time zones.

Will be a difficult one to manage if the scenario plays out.

I assume that is to prevent fatigue for the next game when travelling back to US.

Presumably the Redskins would stay in London if playing here on consecutive weeks....so not an issue.

• Options
    I think it's more a logistical issue. Firstly to find somewhere with grounds big enough to practice and accommodate not just the active roster, but potentially the practice squad too, plus all their coaches, equipment etc.

It's not quite the same as football kits, balls, boots and a few cones ;)
  • Options
    Scary thing with the Pats is the rotation on the offensive line, saw a stat against the Bills that we've used the highest number of different sets, (20) and to be undefeated in that time is incredible.

Imagine Charlton had to change our defence every game, with centre backs playing full back and vice versa, with the occasional winger playing full back or midfielder playing in defence, and being undefeated in that time.

Losing players in the off season seems to have had no effect on Belichicks side
  • Options
    Green Bay lose again.

I think Dallas and San Diego are trying to outdo each other for first pick of the draft........... but those were my picks and I've got to stick with them now.
  • Options
    It's the Pats +1 and I can't see it being Green Bay. The Panthers look the real deal and I hope they do it. I wouldn't rule out the Cardinals as a Superbowl winner either. Outsiders for me are the Vikings...or maybe the Seahawks have still got something to offer?
  • Options
    Cowboys were absolutely fucking awful first half yesterday. Romo being done for the year will probably be a blessing for them - he looked horrible. That second pick Kuechly made was one of the worst throws I've seen by an 'elite' quarterback for years. Be interesting to see how much the Broncos manage to limit the Pats to this weekend. Suspect it won't be a blowout, and it might just give Kubiak enough ideas to cause them a problem in any potential postseason matchup. Also, with the emphasis firmly on defense this year, playing away from Denver in the playoffs might not be as much of a hindrance as past years.
  • Options
    Chiefs win again. From 1-5 to 6-5. Excellent stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing that this year Matt Hasselbeck has been a better quarterback than Andrew Luck, crackers. Admittedly Luck has not been 100% all year, but still an amazing achievement for a 40 year old man at quarterback to be 4-0.
  • Options
    Everyone stop what you're doing, the Chargers have won a game!! That really damages our 1st round draft pick though :(
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Everyone stop what you're doing, the Chargers have won a game!! That really damages our 1st round draft pick though :(

They tried their best to throw it away as well!
  • Options

andyg90 said:

They tried their best to throw it away as well!
    Haha in true Chargers style. Rivers 4th fastest QB to 40k passing yards after today.

Highlight of the week so far is OBJs touchdown reception, ridiculous catch.
  • Options
    Pats finally lose, and a bigger loss than the game itself was Gronkowski, hopefully it's not too serious as I don't fancy our chances with no Edelman, Amendola and Gronk.
  • Options
    I've been quiet the last couple if weeks in fear....9-2 for the Bengals & Wembley next year to boot, marvellous!!
  • Options
    Really felt for the Steelers last night. Sherman getting away with pass interference all night, one resulting in a pick6. Then the interception that should really have been ruled incomplete.

Pats losing Gronk is huge but Amendola is probably a bigger loss due to the number of 3rd down completions he gets.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    What an ending to the Browns/Ravens game

Score level, last play of the game, field goal attempt for the Browns....blocked and Ravens run it down field for the win
  • Options
    Watched a replay if rhe broncos pats game last night. Surprising that the defense held out as well as it did - shows the quality and that it is a championship calibre D

Without Gronkowski, the pats will struggle - agree that Amendola is just as big a loss for them. They rely so much on the slot that taking him and Gronkowski out for the quick gain plays will put a big dent in their offensive scheme

Makes the AFC a lot more interesting now, and gives the Broncos a genuine chance in the playoffs.
  • Options
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Found a predictor for the playoffs if anyone is interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really enjoying the weekly BBC highlights show, shame its not a bit longer.

Week 12....http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06r813y/american-football-201516-7-race-to-super-bowl-50-nfl-week-12
  • Options

American girlfriend. I'm liking thanksgiving. Involves drinking, eating and watching sport on telly. What's not to like!

I much prefer Thanksgiving over here to Christmas. More like the English Christmas without the presents. Lots of food, lots of family, lots of friends, lots of sport. Almost always people have the Friday off (Black Friday) and then there is the weekend so is always a long holiday. Conversely, Christmas is one big commercial cluster fuck and once the day is over Christmas trees are in the trash and everyone is back to work. You blink and you miss it.

Anyway, back to the NFL. The 49ers lost again.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    "Conversely, Christmas is one big commercial cluster fuck"

Unlike Black Friday?!

Bears fan, could be flirting with a positive record this season - which is about as good as it gets, no good in a division with Packers and Vikings though.
  • Options
    How the hell did the Packers win that match last night!!!
  • Options

How the hell did the Packers win that match last night!!!

remarkable how they kept the ball alive and then a (accidental perhaps) face mask violation .. with Rogers, he's always good enough to do the unexpected .. and as for Richard Rodgers .. what a talented man .. a terrific catcher as well as being a world renowned architect ((:>) .. the NFC North is a tough division this year .. shame that the Bears and Lions will probably miss out but my Vikings should get a play off place
  • Options
    Gutted I fell asleep with roughly 10minutes in the 4th remaining. AR was extremely clever with that facemask penalty in my opinion. The rules state a penalty can be called if the facemask is grabbed as it can cause injury by leading the player being turned or is head being turned.

Top marks to AR for knowing the rules in full detail, he turned his head as the defender grabbed his collar/mask and although the contact was minimal at best, there was still contact and with Rodgers turning his head the flag was drawn.

On the other side, I felt it was extremely poor coaching/execution from Detroit. You know what they're going to do, you have a 6"5(ish) player who has probably the best jump in the NFL in Calvin Johnson, why not put him? The execution side, why the Detroit players didn't just line the front of the end zone and box GB out I'll never know.

I'd like to see Minnesota make the playoffs but their schedule isn't easy, Seattle, Giants and Bears at home, Cards and GB away. Although to be fair, the Wild Card race is quite open in the NFC at present.
  • Options
    Does no-one want to win the NFC East?
  • Options
    10-2 for the boys from Cincinnati....next please!!
  • Options
    Those Eagles(no not those ones). 83yard punt return for TD. Pats next drive...100 yard INT return. Unreal.