Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2015/2016

Comments

• Options

Chiefs win again. From 1-5 to 6-5. Excellent stuff.

7-5 now. 6 in a row!
  • Options
    The first time in ten years I don't have sky and the Chiefs are making a playoff run!!!
  • Options
    Interesting weekend .. the Seahawks are RIGHT bang back in form humbling the Vikings .. New England lose again .. is this just complacency ? .. nice to see the Bengals and good ol' Tampa having good runs .. Carolina are hot as are the Broncos .. all boiling up to a potentially classic play off season
  • Options
    Tonight is the night that the Redskins regain some pride. Tonight they get to rub the Cowgirls faces is all that s**t that they give everyone......America's Team my arse!
    HTTR
  • Options
    Come on the Cowboys! :-)
  • Options

Interesting weekend .. the Seahawks are RIGHT bang back in form humbling the Vikings .. New England lose again .. is this just complacency ? .. nice to see the Bengals and good ol' Tampa having good runs .. Carolina are hot as are the Broncos .. all boiling up to a potentially classic play off season

Some of the plays in that NE game were just ridiculous. Special teams earning their corn and the trick play with Brady as a receiver just to name a few. Broncos in my opinion aren't even playing that well, at least on offence. Couldn't even score any points against a Chargers team in disarray in the second half.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Tonight is the night that the Redskins regain some pride. Tonight they get to rub the Cowgirls faces is all that s**t that they give everyone......America's Team my arse!
    HTTR

Unlucky! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Watched it from start to finish. Was the most boring game I've ever seen, until the final couple of minutes.

Even then, it was only poor play that led to the exciting finish. Don't know what DeSean Jackson was doing running backwards and then fumbling, nor do I know why the Cowboys were so keen to get their score, as if they forget how to manage the clock.
  • Options
    Kudos for that Callum. I couldn't hack it and turned it off at half time!

It was overdue to be fair, the last 3 prime time games have been awesome. Did anyone see Antonio Browns celebration in Sunday's late game?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a great plan @Low_Ears
    Hopefully you can cross off Wembley next year too.

Although maybe you don't want to be finishing like the Rams.
    Playoffs this year or chance of being at Wembley next?
  • Options
    As a Chargers fan I shouldn't really say anything but how bad is the NFC east this year. Any of Dallas, NYG or Skins could win it potentially with a 6-10 record.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Low_Ears said:

Just back from a weekend in Boston with my wife to see the Eagles (3 years into a plan to see them at every stadium). Amazing match and a brilliant win. Was so thrilled as they have been dreadful over the last few weeks. At 14-0 I was just happy to be there, couldn't have dreamt what would happen next.

Probably back to normality this weekend when LeSean McCoy runs for 150 yards and the Bills score 40+ points.

Great trip though.

How is it buying tickets for games in the states? Fairly straight forward? (I am to an eagles fan)
  • Options
    I've kept updating the list of teams supported on here as new people post.
    Unless I've missed anyone there are only 7 teams not supported by at least 1 person on Charlton Life.

Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Rams, Lions, Panthers and Cardinals.
  • Options
    Good turnout boys :smile: it does show how popular the sport is here in the UK. I'm still annoyed c4 don't show the late Sunday game this season.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Good turnout boys :smile: it does show how popular the sport is here in the UK. I'm still annoyed c4 don't show the late Sunday game this season.

the BBC are dabbling in live coverage .,. also on Radio5LiveExtra
  • Options

I've kept updating the list of teams supported on here as new people post.
    Unless I've missed anyone there are only 7 teams not supported by at least 1 person on Charlton Life.

Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Rams, Lions, Panthers and Cardinals.

3 of them are recent expansion teams, Rams, who are fairly anonymous since they moved from L.A, Lions for obvious reasons and Cardinals and Titans are fairly unsuccessful and based in less glamorous cities.
  • Options
    Cardinals might pick up some fans the way they are playing this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Low_Ears said:

Just back from a weekend in Boston with my wife to see the Eagles (3 years into a plan to see them at every stadium). Amazing match and a brilliant win. Was so thrilled as they have been dreadful over the last few weeks. At 14-0 I was just happy to be there, couldn't have dreamt what would happen next.

How is it buying tickets for games in the states? Fairly straight forward? (I am to an eagles fan)
    Expensive but easy enough. I have bought my tickets on TickPick for all 3 games (Giants 2013, Cardinals 2014). Paid over $700 for 2 tickets this time but they were on the 50 yard line and compared to other sites were cheaper. The previous games were cheaper.

Found out from the guy I was sitting next to at Gilette that season ticket holders sell them back to the Patriots and you are effectively buying them from the Patriots which is a bit of a cheek but at least you know they are secure.

If you are staying in Boston use the Boston Common Coach rather than the train. It's more expensive but there are some not so good stories about the train.

If anyone wants any further advice about visits to Patriots or Caridnals or Metlife, I'd be happy to help.

Plan is to go to Chicago next year (depending on when it is), Seattle in 2017 and Nashville in 2018 (as my wife likes the tv programme!)
  • Options
    Low_Ears said:

Low_Ears said:

Expensive but easy enough. I have bought my tickets on TickPick for all 3 games (Giants 2013, Cardinals 2014). Paid over $700 for 2 tickets this time but they were on the 50 yard line and compared to other sites were cheaper. The previous games were cheaper.

Found out from the guy I was sitting next to at Gilette that season ticket holders sell them back to the Patriots and you are effectively buying them from the Patriots which is a bit of a cheek but at least you know they are secure.

If you are staying in Boston use the Boston Common Coach rather than the train. It's more expensive but there are some not so good stories about the train.

If anyone wants any further advice about visits to Patriots or Caridnals or Metlife, I'd be happy to help.

Plan is to go to Chicago next year (depending on when it is), Seattle in 2017 and Nashville in 2018 (as my wife likes the tv programme!)
    Great tips mate thanks for that, very surprised you haven't been to Lincoln financial field being an Eagles fan.
  • Options

Great tips mate thanks for that, very surprised you haven't been to Lincoln financial field being an Eagles fan.

No problem.

Funnily enough I am going to try to do The Linc last to finish it off but logistically unlikely I would think.

Just as an aside the away games in 2019 include Buffalo, Green Bay, Minnesota and Miami. Guess which one Mrs Low_Ears will be keener on.

• Options
    The bit about ticket resale isn't quite right.

The Pats have strict behavior rules, so if you get pulled out for something you lose all your season tickets. If you sell your tickets privately, and whoever buys them gets nabbed, it doesn't matter, you still lose your tix.

To get around that they have a ticket exchange where you can resell your tickets at face value. If someone buys them through this, you're not responsible for their behavior.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Cardinals might pick up some fans the way they are playing this season.

Panthers too
  • Options
    Yep, didnt see them on that list.
  • Options
    Really got into NFL this year after joining a fantasy football league, even managed to see Bills vs Jaguars at Wembley this year and getting more into it as the weeks go on.

Another Ravens fan. Loved watching the Panthers play this year, Cam Newton is great value in terms of ability and entertainment. Greg Olsen is underrated too and I still reckon they might scrape the Superbowl this year.
  • Options
    Low_Ears said:

No problem.

Funnily enough I am going to try to do The Linc last to finish it off but logistically unlikely I would think.

Just as an aside the away games in 2019 include Buffalo, Green Bay, Minnesota and Miami. Guess which one Mrs Low_Ears will be keener on.

Lol that's an easy guess...... One last thing do the tickets get posted or do you collect them in the states?
  • Options

Low_Ears said:

No problem.

Lol that's an easy guess...... One last thing do the tickets get posted or do you collect them in the states?
    With Tickpick, you can get them delivered to an address in the US but I only buy the tickets which are available online. Not a big deal really as there plenty of them but possibly adds a little bit to the price.
  • Options
    Had 3 minor heart attacks in the last 2 minutes but the Chiefs win again.
    7 in a row now, from 1-5 to 8-5