Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the 60s stars

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    looks like the back of an old warehouse rather than a footy ground. Is 10 shillings entrance equivalent to £0.50 now?if so its daylight robbery, no wonder they can drive around in flash motors like Austin 1100s.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cafcfan said:

RedChaser said:

Ford Cortina FTX 922C (1965 number plate) :wink:

How did I know that? Because my Dad had a Ford Anglia Deluxe (slant back rear window) FKL 995D (1966 plate).

But did you know it was registered in Cardiff?
    Which one the Cortina? Probably Graham Moore's then :wink:
    Yeah, your Dad's Anglebox was registered in Maidstone.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Halix said:

looks like the back of an old warehouse rather than a footy ground. Is 10 shillings entrance equivalent to £0.50 now?if so its daylight robbery, no wonder they can drive around in flash motors like Austin 1100s.

Yep at decimalisation on 15/2/1971, one shilling became 5 new pence. Don't forget 10/- got you a seat! I think my Dad would have paid something like 3/- and 1/ 6d for me to go in the Covered End in the 60's.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Halix said:

Yep at decimalisation on 15/2/1971, one shilling became 5 new pence. Don't forget 10/- got you a seat! I think my Dad would have paid something like 3/- and 1/ 6d for me to go in the Covered End in the 60's.
    Yes but you could buy a three bedroom house for £5 in those days : - )
  • Options
    six

"If your names not down you're not coming in"

• Options
    Sevenimage
  • Options
    eightimage
  • Options
    Nine

The one and only, the best header of a ball, bar none, to play for Charlton. Prague Addick thought Leaburn was better but Carl wasn't fit to brush his dentures.

• Options
    Wow these are getting tough now Henners some colts players I reckon I'll have at a guess at picture number 7 on the left Vic Hallom.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Wow these are getting tough now Henners some colts players I reckon I'll have at a guess at picture number 7 on the left Vic Hallom.

I lured you in last night with some easy ones. Now you are hooked : - )

Eight must be officials or coaches but no idea who
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nine - Matt Tees
  • Options
    Seven - Marvin Hinton & Keith Peacock?
  • Options

Nine - Matt Tees

Indeed the great Matt Tees
  • Options

Not KP and I think too late to be Hinton but will check.
  • Options
    Six - Charlie Wright on the right!
  • Options

On second thoughts I think Redchaser is correct and the one on the left is Vic Halom.
  • Options

Nine - Matt Tees

Off course Matt Tees, didn't recognise him all scrubbed up remember him with missing teeth and shirt hanging out on the pitch :smiley:
  • Options

so annoying, I know who it is on the left but name won't quite come to mind.
  • Options
    These are great pics HI not just of the players but of the old ground that I grew up with!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Frank Haydock?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Frank Haydock?
    possibly
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Frank Haydock?
    Edit number 6 on the left, Ian King came to us from Leicester with Colin Appleton.

• Options
    Number six:

I think the bloke on the left next to Charlie Wright is Maurice Setters but could be wrong.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Number six:

I think the bloke on the left next to Charlie Wright is Maurice Setters but could be wrong.

good call Len
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Number six:

No, I think you are right there Len

I've got loads more but want to get these first
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

These are great pics HI not just of the players but of the old ground that I grew up with!

Just what I thought
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Halix here you go post decimalisation prices. In old money the seats had gone up almost a third by 3/- in 5 years! Outrageous :blush:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Frank Haydock?
    Edit number 6 on the left, Ian King came to us from Leicester with Colin Appleton.

Yep I reckon Ian King too
  • Options
    I think 6 is Cliff Holton -

• Options
    7 with Halom might be Stenson? I can't remember his first name (Steve?).