Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• The knack of making 3 runs an over in 1s and 2s seems to be a dying art!
  • CHG said:

CHG said:

McBobbin said:

Does Compton usually play at three for his county? I'm sure he can do a job there

Yep, batted three for Somerset last season. Solid bat, grew up playing in SA so that will not be a problem for him. I think Hales will open and it will be Compo v Ballance for the three spot.

Effectively an opener half the time anyway, as Hales is the sort of batsman who fails a lot, but when set makes big scores.
    Yep, he will probably have a flash, like others have argued, I don't know what the rush is, 5 days in a test, no need to rush, 50-3 off 12 overs is not required.

True but too.much slow scoring creates pressure.
    It shouldn't, plenty of time to take stock and build an innings, 270-3 is not a terrible score at the end of the day...

• Bit quiet on 'ere today .

England currently 201-3 off 37 Roy out for 102.
  • I hadn't realised there was a 4th match in the series, with all the announcements yesterday I'd assumed the tour was over!

The connoisseurs who appreciate that sort of cricket are certainly a shrinking demographic.

The connoisseurs who appreciate that sort of cricket are certainly a shrinking demographic.
    I think that if you love cricket, you love all forms of cricket.
  • Eng 262-4 off 44
    Buttler 37 off 24
    Taylor 9 off 9 (including 1 six)
  • Buttler 50 off 30
  • 276-4 off 45
  • Buttler really showing his class (about time). He has really fast hands and such good eye-hand co-ordination.
    Anybody who has seen Brian Lara bat will know that the sound of the bat hitting the ball was different - and Buttler has that same sound - its more like a crack. Now i'm not suggesting that he is the next Lara !
    298-4 off 46
    Buttler 72 off 36
  • Sponsored links:

• Buttler 50 off 30

83 off 40
    he's scored 33 off 10 balls !
  • Buttler 104 off 46 - smashing Englands fastest ODI 100 by 15 balls !!!!!
    8 4's and 8 6's.
  • 104 off 46 for Buttler - what an innings!
  • He's scored his last 54 runs off 16 balls

I now hate Test cricket after today. I only want to watch cricket if it is Jos Buttler hitting sixes
  • Brilliant innings and if he had a bit more belief then he could become our ABV in limited overs cricket.

• Some people who thought they were buying money at 1.01 on Roy being top England scorer have had their fingers well and truly burnt!
  • England finish on 355
    Buttler 116 no off 52 - one of the best ODI innings i have seen for a long time
  • Pity the innings ended as he was just getting his eye in.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Weird how a guy can be so out of form for 6 months, then click back into form and play such a world class innings!
  • Buttler oozes class
  • Weird how a guy can be so out of form for 6 months, then click back into form and play such a world class innings!

As Rob Key says many times, it sometimes only takes 2 shots in the middle of the bat to get you back into form.
  • He beat his own record by 6 balls for the fastest ODI hundred - top 3 are all his !
  • edited November 2015
    By 15 balls, you mean
  • I think his previous best was 61 balls so beat it by 15
  • I already said it ffs omg
  • Love Buttler. What an entertainer.
  • Jos Buttler has now scored three hundreds in ODIs. They are the fastest, second-fastest and third-fastest ever scored for England.
  • Getting hammered all over the place at moment.