Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Fortunately, it looks like there is almost no-one there to see it.
    Mangan hasn't lived. This is T20 compared to some of the stuff I had to endure growing up. I tell you it scarred me for life.

In the Pakistan v England series in 1977/78, for example, where the three match series ended up 0-0, England scored a total of 1153 off 517 eight ball overs - that's a strike rate of 27.93. Or, in terms of the modern game, the equivalent of scraping 150 in a day!

• Options
    Chizz said:

Until England bat, when the surface will no doubt look impossible to bat on!

I can't see the likes of Buttler and Stokes scoring many
  • Options
    155-1 off 47

Hafeez 86*
    Malik 66*
  • Options
    Rashid really struggling with his consistency. We are even resorting to set fields for bad bowling.

Figures of 10-0-58-0

• Options
    Hafeez given out LBW to Broad for 98. Hafeez reviews straghtaway and......................
  • Options
    ..............is given OUT

173-2
  • Options
    Stokes, not Broad.
  • Options

Broad the plonker has Malik caught - only for it to go to the 3rd Umpire and he has over stepped by half an inch!!!!

Really winds me up this, I even posted this before on the general things that annoy you thread. I'm certainly no expert but why do bowlers really push the front line? It only ever seems to result in scenarios like this.

In the meantime the batsman has added another 32 runs since then - at tea.
  • Options

Broad the plonker has Malik caught - only for it to go to the 3rd Umpire and he has over stepped by half an inch!!!!

Really winds me up this, I even posted this before on the general things that annoy you thread. I'm certainly no expert but why do bowlers really push the front line? It only ever seems to result in scenarios like this.

In the meantime the batsman has added another 32 runs since then - at tea.
    It's a culture that comes from the nets. It's all about stopping batsmen from making the bowler look ordinary. I can't help thinking that it is the bowler's offset mechanism because he hasn't got the luxury of proving that he would have got a wicket if/when the ball is hit in the air.

Even kids are allowed to get away with it by coaches and they then wonder why they can never pitch the ball on the same spot when they get out in the middle.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Chizz said:

Mangan hasn't lived. This is T20 compared to some of the stuff I had to endure growing up. I tell you it scarred me for life.

In the Pakistan v England series in 1977/78, for example, where the three match series ended up 0-0, England scored a total of 1153 off 517 eight ball overs - that's a strike rate of 27.93. Or, in terms of the modern game, the equivalent of scraping 150 in a day!

But it wasn't on the telly was it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A crowd of 54 reported by TMS. As I said earlier, no one gives a toss about this series and looks like I was right, again.
  • Options

Hafeez given out LBW to Broad for 98. Hafeez reviews straghtaway and......................

The new Shane Watson :smile:
  • Options
    Anyone know if highlights are shown on terrestrial tv at all? I think channel 5 only have rights to home series highlights
  • Options
    Broad does now get his wicket.

Younis Khan out for 38 but does in the process break Javed Miandad's Pakistan run record.

247-3

Shoaib Malik 102*

• Options
    Cook (in taking the catch to dismiss Younis Khan) is now England's leading catcher, with 122, breaking Andy Strauss' previous best of 121.
  • Options
    England just won a review for a caught behind - on noise which has to be one of the few times that has ever happened.

Misbah out for 3 off Anderson

251-4
  • Options
    Decent effort from the seamers here to keep going.

Looks like the lack of quality spin is going to make this a long and hard three-match series for us
  • Options
    Time to get Bell out of the slips. Just dropped his second clanger of the day.
  • Options
    286-4

But for Bell's dropped catches and Broad overstepping it might have been a lot better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

A crowd of 54 reported by TMS. As I said earlier, no one gives a toss about this series and looks like I was right, again.

I suggest, you give a toss because you have commented that you don't give a toss thus proving that you do give a toss. If you didn't give a toss you would say nothing.

• Options

How many has he dropped over the last year?
  • Options

How many has he dropped over the last year?
    A lot. He's clearly just not seeing them.

Broad was saying in the post day interview that he was really down in the dressing room and would have had his head in his hands but for the fear of missing.
  • Options
    Riviera talking bollocks.....again.
  • Options
    Rashid on the verge of his first ton in Test cricket: 20-0-99-0

329-4

Malik 146*
    Shafi 32*
  • Options

Riviera talking bollocks.....again.

Np surprise there.

• Options
    389-4 at lunch

Malik 168*
    Shafi 66*

• Options
    Finn is on a plane home too and Jordan has been called up as his replacement. Doubt Jordan will get a game.
  • Options
    There's a sight you don't see too often - the keeper standing up to Broad.