Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• Ali reaches his ton too. Our spinners now have the combined figures of 54-2-226-0 whereas the "quickies" figures are 68-19-166-4.

405-4

Partnership of 154. Given the failure of Rashid and Ali to get a wicket and that Root is known for breaking partnerships, I don't really understand why he hasn't been given an over or two. They've nothing to lose have they?

• They've obviously been listening to me - he's on.
  • Shoaib Malik reaches 200. I'm sure his brother, Adeel, who plays for Bexley CC, will be thrilled for him.

Partnership of 201 with Shafiq on 96.

452-4
  • Shafiq reaches his hundred as Rashid nears his 150.

Perhaps Rashid can take some comfort in the fact that Shane Warne's Test debut figures were 45-7-150-1
  • Are we sure Finn has a stress fracture, or is he just pretending to get out of bowling in these conditions!
  • Rashid now has the worst figures for a debutant

I was actually wondering that. Presumably we are just talking about England and if he picks up a couple of wickets they won't be the worst but possibly still the most expensive?
  • We must also have the worst combined figures ever for spinners in one innings. Currently sits at 68-3-296-0.

What are the odds on Pakistan's spinners bowling us out in 3 sessions? This is embarrassing.

I was actually wondering that. Presumably we are just talking about England and if he picks up a couple of wickets they won't be the worst but possibly still the most expensive?
    I presume it is just England yes.

The most expensive by an Englishman was Devon Malcolm apparently. 166 in 1989, not sure how many wickets he took.
  • Sponsored links:

What are the odds on Pakistan's spinners bowling us out in 3 sessions? This is embarrassing.
    Well they only have the one. Hafeez is banned and they only had two others in the squad with Yasir out injured. Their quickies will do what their spinner can't though!
  • Stokes bowled the last over before tea - with offspin!

499-4

Malik 231*
    Shafiq 107*

I presume it is just England yes.

The most expensive by an Englishman was Devon Malcolm apparently. 166 in 1989, not sure how many wickets he took.
    Found it - Malcolm's figures were 44-2-166-1

Fraser and Botham both went for a ton too. And Atherton even bowled seven overs.

Australia got 602-6
  • I wonder what Monty is thinking, whereever he is...
  • I wonder what Monty is thinking, whereever he is...

Probably pissed....
  • Wood strikes in first over after tea, trapping Shafiq LBW but is reviewed..............
  • ..............and still out
  • Sarfraz, trying to play ball through midwicket, only succeeds in spooning it up to Bell at cover and is out for 2.

514-6

Malik 243*
  • Sarfraz, trying to play ball through midwicket, only succeeds in spooning it up to Bell at cover and is out for 2.

514-6

Malik 243*

Two wickets in four overs? It's a rout!
  • Malik goes, knackered, caught at mid-wicket by Bell off Stokes for 245

521-7

Stokes now has 3-57
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Sarfraz, trying to play ball through midwicket, only succeeds in spooning it up to Bell at cover and is out for 2.

514-6

Malik 243*

It is now. We need to be careful what we wish for because, at this rate, we could be five down tonight.
  • Chizz said:

Sarfraz, trying to play ball through midwicket, only succeeds in spooning it up to Bell at cover and is out for 2.

514-6

Malik 243*

It is now. We need to be careful what we wish for because, at this rate, we could be five down tonight.
    No chance! Ian "Safe Hands" is on our side, not theirs!

;)
  • There's a sight you don't see too often - the keeper standing up to Broad.

Well he is a big bully.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

514-6

Malik 243*

No chance! Ian "Safe Hands" is on our side, not theirs!

;)
    Only if he's not fielding in the slips.
  • Babar out caught Anderson bowled Stokes

523-8 declared

• It does make you wonder though. The fast bowlers have taken 8-196. The spinners 0-302 (I've included Stokes' one over of off spin in this). So perhaps we should have just gone in with five quickies!
  • We've got them rattled. Now we need to go in for the kill.
  • Does anybody know of a decent stream for this?

Hoping to watch a little bit of it on my lunch but haven't a clue what my SkyGo details are.
  • Cook almost chops on second ball and then almost knocks it away with his hand!
  • Ali given not out LBW and Pakistan waste a review.