Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs Charlton (19/9/15) - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

346 away fans...

That has to be the worst in this league.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    No matter how off the boil you have been you always have to feel hard done by to concede so late in the first half because you can get in to the dressing room at 0-0 and it's easier for the gaffer to change things around ans it's potentially a completely different game in the second half. But not to be. Onto the next game at palarse.
  • Options

We are good enough. Anyone who has seen us play can see we're good enough.

Baffling this sport...

It's all about momentum - we ain't got any. We'll have to scrape out a result in Cardiff - can't see us putting out a competitive side against Palarse - then we go again.
  • Options
    Not sure where we go from here to be honest. Sounded ok 1st half but fell apart once they got their second. You hope going 2-0 players will roll their sleeves up to try and fight to get back in the game but it just didn't happen at all and was hardly a surprise it went 3-0 in the end. It worried me Tuesday just how quiet our players were and I thought the lack of leadership was evident. The confidence of our opening games is disappearing fast and alarm bells are ringing.
  • Options
    @CafcSteve said:

I go to every home & away game.
    Today was the worst performance I've seen in 27 years.
    Worse than the defeats to Wycombe and Millwall.
    Would have been 7/8 if it wasn't for a world-class display from Nick Pope.
    Watt & Kashi were absolutely woeful.
    Signing Out - Better get on with my seven hour journey home.
  • Options
    I feel flat because of the football.
    I feel high as the Murray's have just won the doubles in 5 sets.
    I'm going to get my tin Hat and go down the Anderson shelter
    till Wednesday.
    Time for a bit of D-ream.
  • Options
    Well my score prediction of 0-0 was half right

As for the performance, I wonder if some of the new signings are struggling with the intensity of the Championship, the pace and number of games

Ah well, the Murrays won the doubles in 5 sets, and Doctor Who is back tonight...
  • Options
    I forgot about Dr Who..every cloud :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm dreading wednesday. We couldn't be going to that shit hole at a worst time.
    If we get stuffed by The Nigels I think it will be hard to forgive the owner or Luzon.
  • Options

Well my score prediction of 0-0 was half right

As for the performance, I wonder if some of the new signings are struggling with the intensity of the Championship, the pace and number of games

Ah well, the Murrays won the doubles in 5 sets, and Doctor Who is back tonight...

Some of our new signings probably want to go home.
  • Options

Charlton in 'limp performance in North West in front of 300 fans' shocker

Operation 'limp performance at Blackburn' yet again!
  • Options
    We have a good keeper in Henderson , but not so good in Pope. We have a good back 4 and a decent midfield, but we lack creativity and only really have 2 attacking players in the first 11 (JBG & TWWW - if played slightly deeper) but we have no real strikers. Then the problems really start.......we have a paper thin squad with no depth or experience, Not many teams would start with a 19 year old debutant as their main striker & another 18 yr old on the bench, alongside a player who is so obviously still injured.

A week before the transfer window closed someone posted the ins & outs of our squad since the end of last season - and we were about 6 players light. Those 6 still haevnt been replaced & it is now showing.

Not sure who to blame - RD, KM or GL..............but soon someone will have to carry the can By the time we play Fulham we will be in the bottom 3 and will confirm why Sky were right not to show us
  • Options
    Well, that was a pile of cack.
    A good display from Kennedy and a couple of excellent saves from Pope the only real plus points. Otherwise pass accuracy, endeavour, shooting ability all woefully lacking. I've concluded that Simon Church left a pair of jinxed boots in the dressing room and Watt is now using them. So, Church was actually kicking the ball really really hard: got rid of sponge foot gain feather foot. I don't do marks but the aforementioned Kennedy and Pope were the only ones that merited an average + rating.
    On the plus side back in the hotel at 5:15 - the bar could be getting a hammering.
  • Options

At least millwall lost.

Cost me my bet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One word sums this up.. I'm not sure what word to choose, inept, clueless, rubbish .. whatever.
    The player I thought would be the weak link, Pope, kept us in the game in the first half, during which we missed two good chances. We were just in it until a minute before 1/2 time when Rhodes scored from a corner.

Second half we were overrun. Luzon delayed too long in making changes. Kennedy did OK on his league debut but was essentially lightweight as was Bergdich. However, Kennedy's replacement Vetokele reached new depths of farce when he tripped over his own feet just outside the Bburn area and needed prolonged treatment.
    McAlaney out on the left for the last 20 minutes looked OK without a lot of support, I believe he should have started.
    Our defence was stretched all the time. The midfield and attack were just incapable of holding onto the ball. Cousins works hard, he's a Charlton hero but he rarely makes a really telling pass .. Kashi plays too deep and as for JBG, where is he supposed to be playing ? .. he drifted from central midfield to the wing and was outnumbered wherever he went. Compare with Ben Marshall the Bburn main man and Guthrie, they were everywhere, made telling passes, found space, all the things that good midfielders do. Our midfield and attack were about as mobile as a bunch of very short lampposts..
    In less than one month we have gone from decent to rubbish. Without BigMak we do not have an idea. I am not a big long ball fan, but we have no plan B when Makeniok's absence makes the long ball redundant. Our passing is generally atrocious, our close control nowhere near good enough to cope with the modern game when pressing high up the field is en vogue and very hard to deal with .. enough ..

Cardiff next weekend ? .. they lost to Rotherham today so hopefully they are in as bad form as we are

They can't be that bad.... Promises to be a feast of football!
  • Options

At least millwall lost.

Cost me my bet...

At least millwall lost. And Millwall lost FFS

• Options

@CafcSteve said:

I go to every home & away game.
    Today was the worst performance I've seen in 27 years.
    Worse than the defeats to Wycombe and Millwall.
    Would have been 7/8 if it wasn't for a world-class display from Nick Pope.
    Watt & Kashi were absolutely woeful.
    Signing Out - Better get on with my seven hour journey home.

Wow
  • Options
    Utter pony. Didn't look like scoring at all. Pope saved us from a proper shoeing. One of the most tedious matches I've had the misfortune to witness. Our promising start has tailed off into a mire of shitness & apathy :(
  • Options
    Sounds really depressing reading the first hand accounts. Could be a season of "fail to strengthen enough, flirt with relegation, change the manager and stay up" ? Just for a change....
  • Options
    You know what, I really don't care after reading that other stickied post. Sometimes football should never be taken as serious as it is
  • Options
    GL said in hi post match comments "It's so important to score first in the Championship"

You don't say Guy.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Last 3 games against bottom clubs 2 goals by defenders, says it all. Luzon better get to grips or gone before Halloween.