Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs Charlton (19/9/15) - Post Match Views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Rigas at Metz
  • Options
    Hex said:

When Tony plays badly, WE play badly. Hope he finds his spark again soon because when he's on his game everything else follows. Makienok doesn't have even a tenth of his ability.

I think that's unfair on Mak. Does Mak have the same ability to beat and a man and excite the crowd? No. However Mak's ability in the air , hold up play, awareness and being a team player is light years in front of Watt. Neither are world beaters but both have ability in different areas. Since Mak's injury Watt has looked a shadow of the player he was.
    Mak is very tall so it is inevitable that when the ball is projected towards him he will get his head to it on a number of occasions. However, "Mak's ability in the air" is about the same as his ability on the ground - below average. We still need him, though.
    Already set two up from high balls into the box and scored a header. Better than below average.
  • Options
    embrace the struggle and focus on what can be done; if everyone is crocked then it is for us to recognise that, accept it and do the best we can. no point in wishing things were different. The most important people at charlton right now are the physios
  • Options
    A shocking performance but Pope had a very good game, hope he keeps it going.

I think the 346 that travelled up yesterday made more effort than the 10 outfield players.
  • Options

Hex said:

When Tony plays badly, WE play badly. Hope he finds his spark again soon because when he's on his game everything else follows. Makienok doesn't have even a tenth of his ability.

I think that's unfair on Mak. Does Mak have the same ability to beat and a man and excite the crowd? No. However Mak's ability in the air , hold up play, awareness and being a team player is light years in front of Watt. Neither are world beaters but both have ability in different areas. Since Mak's injury Watt has looked a shadow of the player he was.
    Mak is very tall so it is inevitable that when the ball is projected towards him he will get his head to it on a number of occasions. However, "Mak's ability in the air" is about the same as his ability on the ground - below average. We still need him, though.
    Already set two up from high balls into the box and scored a header. Better than below average.
    Perhaps I'm using Teddy Sheringham and Mark Bright as a yardstick but I have no confidence that Mak will head the ball to a desirable location. Yes, it will happen from time to time given his height, but nowhere near enough to give me confidence and more importantly give his teammates confidence to make runs in anticipation.
  • Options
    As already summarised by many, yesterday's performance was passionless, dis-organised and lacking any creative spark whatsoever - one of the worst away displays I've seen by us for a long time.It was obvious to most of us that after about 25mins we were sleepwalking to either a 0-0 or eventual defeat by an organised but relatively average Blackburn side.

Most concerning for me was the lack of any leader on the pitch willing to let the players know just how poor things were - unfortunately it seems that Solly just isn't the man to do this and it's difficult to understand why a presumably fit Jackson isn't doing this job, surely at 2-0 down he had to get on the pitch.

It also appeared that Watt's confidence had evaporated in the 2nd half after missing his early chance in the 1st and with JBG anonymous, we just did not pose any threat.
  • Options
    Hex said:

Hex said:

Perhaps I'm using Teddy Sheringham and Mark Bright as a yardstick but I have no confidence that Mak will head the ball to a desirable location. Yes, it will happen from time to time given his height, but nowhere near enough to give me confidence and more importantly give his teammates confidence to make runs in anticipation.

Playing devils advocate

But JBG and Bauer both made runs in anticipation? I believe we will be toothless with him sometimes but will always be toothless without. The others are flair players with no hold up play and no physical presence.
  • Options
    Rancid defending by Kashi and Fox, from the highlights . Have we enough leadership in the group ?
  • Options
    Just watched the goals, the first was bad, the second a disgrace, Kashi was ran past, Fox missed his block, Baur out of position and falls over, Diara second to the ball and finally the ball pea rolls past Pope at his near post, yes his near post.

Probably 4 individual errors in that one goal alone, with so many poor performances something just doesn't seem quite right, anybody ITK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hex said:

Hex said:

Give the guy a chance-he's only played about five games in English football and so many people seem to be writing him off.
  • Options

Hex said:

Hex said:

Playing devils advocate

But JBG and Bauer both made runs in anticipation? I believe we will be toothless with him sometimes but will always be toothless without. The others are flair players with no hold up play and no physical presence.
    I think JBG made a run to the obvious place and Mak to his credit put it there but I do agree we need his physical presence. I do believe in giving players time so I'm far from writing him off.
  • Options

346 away fans...

Feel for every one of them
    Deserve credit long way to go
    Used to love away days got a real buzz the further away the better
    Even losing still had a good day out
    As players and fans gave 100%
    Now I just get pissed off and frustrated
    Watching us get turned over so easily away from home watching players who look like they can't be arsed

• Options
    still 114 points to play for so not worrying just yet, 1 point out of them 3 games is disappointing but the season is young, and we have picked up points where we didn't expect, hull and qpr, we have a huge game on Wednesday and a tough trip away to Cardiff, we are lacking a leader as it looks like a free for all.
  • Options

346 away fans...

Feel for every one of them
    Deserve credit long way to go
    Used to love away days got a real buzz the further away the better
    Even losing still had a good day out
    As players and fans gave 100%
    Now I just get pissed off and frustrated
    Watching us get turned over so easily away from home watching players who look like they can't be arsed

I know it was a long long time ago but did you go to Derby or Forest last month?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Hex said:

Agree with this. He's unconventional and awkward (sometimes) for defenders, but nowhere near as good as some make out on here. Still a better team when he's in it though, particularly if Vetokele is considered to be a viable alternative. Has looked woeful since January.
  • Options
    Was out all day- followed the game through our Twitter updates
    Normally they're very upbeat about our chances and play but the impression I got from the updates was that we gave up.
    Shambles
  • Options
    Some stats from the bbc website

Blackburn have now won their last five games against Charlton in all competitions

Jordan Rhodes (far left) scored his third consecutive league brace against the Addicks.

We're just fodder for Blackburn in recent seasons. Rhodes must love us
  • Options
    I tend to use existing or well known players to describe what we need. Right now if we could put a Scott Parker in the team things would look completely different. Roland is obviously setting the Academy up for a crack at the Premiership again, he has two choices, either make us wait a few years longer or make a couple of solid player investments. It might be our Club, but it's his money. To some of you who are already despairing I would say, we played some great stuff against Rotherham, we are not a million miles away from making a challenge. Get behind the team, not your sofa !
  • Options
    What was most shocking about the highlights was the cavernous space between Bauer and Diarra. You could understand why after a catastrophic turnover, and some pace through the middle but this was accurate but pipe smoking chugger Rhodes. Can't see why Johnson wasn't signed, some Championship experience to knit a defence together is essential.

If we have two defensive central midfielders, away from home Jackson has to be a choice in front of them. Having said that with centrally minded defensive players having huge spaces between them doesn't matter how well you play individually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jakecafc said:

Shambles. Losing interest already and I've got to go palace on Wednesday..really looking forward to that now, not.

Can I have your ticket then cos I still believe!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ColinTat said:

What was most shocking about the highlights was the cavernous space between Bauer and Diarra. You could understand why after a catastrophic turnover, and some pace through the middle but this was accurate but pipe smoking chugger Rhodes. Can't see why Johnson wasn't signed, some Championship experience to knit a defense together is essential.

If we have two defensive central midfielders, away from home Jackson has to be a choice in front of them. Having said that with centrally minded defensive players having huge spaces between them doesn't matter how well you play individually.

I take it you mean the 25 year old who has scored 75 championship goal in 135 matches at an average of a goal every 1.9 matches and Blackburn have turned down an offer from Middlesbrough for 14Million that Rhodes is not happy about.

ColinTat if you want to call him that for comic effect fine but......

• Options
    Under performing players is the problem. I don't see these results as Luzon's fault. So far this season Luzon has shown he is tactically pretty sound. He is a motiVator of me . He has also brought in better playing staff. And, in the case of the Hull match (98th minute) he celebrates a goal better than anyone at the club aswell!

I'd let Vet & Watt leave tbh. Mendonca sized forwards without the killer instinct. Quite disappointed in Cousins' goal tally also. The team is good enough to be top ten with Luzon at the helm. But failing to best Rotherham and Huddersfield, particularly, seems to undermine this claim. The wingers are weak and need to beef up a bit. The back four are good enough. And Pope has shown he's as good a shot stopper in the division as anyone. But shows his age attempting the " simple" stuff.
  • Options
    Motivator of "men" that is meant to read.
  • Options
    I couldn't see any team spirit amongst the players,Watt is playing his own game and the rest let him get on with it,no fight in our play,tempo of play is too slow,passing still awful and no one to send a decisive ball in to an attacker's feet.Defence looked more and more suspect and even Bauer looks lost.
    I really don't see Luzon staying on if this is the best he can do,let alone the performances in the three games prior to Blackburn.
    He doesn't yet understand the Championship in my view.He has all the chat but doesn't translate it on to the pitch.We never seem to get the best from our players---our coaching has been suspect for a long time,for seasons and we're just too lightweight.
    I'm not bothering now going to Cardiff,the second-half performance at Blackburn upset me and I felt for the fans who had paid money and given up a day to attend.
    Ain't good enough.
  • Options
    I know we're up against it at the moment, but I hope Guy can get a tune out of the team tonight to get the fans back onside at least.
  • Options
    So he is a moitvator of men and the players aren't performing, and thats not his fault.. Ok
  • Options
    So maybe Luzon's motivational powers have met their match. Seems like the Peeters situation again---team spirit has evaporated,too many players disinterested and playing well below par.Just not on.Our coaching needs refreshing from top to bottom and these players must now show fight---or they will have a survival scrap on their hands,again,if it's left to fester.
    We need someone who will make each and every player know that second-best won't wash,who they actually fear.Seems to be the only way to treat footballers---appealing to their sense of responsibility and professionalism doesn't work any more.
    European managers just don't seem to get the Championship.
  • Options

So maybe Luzon's motivational powers have met their match. Seems like the Peeters situation again---team spirit has evaporated,too many players disinterested and playing well below par.Just not on.Our coaching needs refreshing from top to bottom and these players must now show fight---or they will have a survival scrap on their hands,again,if it's left to fester.
    We need someone who will make each and every player know that second-best won't wash,who they actually fear.Seems to be the only way to treat footballers---appealing to their sense of responsibility and professionalism doesn't work any more.
    European managers just don't seem to get the Championship.

All the whilst the Belgians are in charge we will be limited in what managers/coaches come in.

I think they have been and will continue to be 'yes men'.