Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs Charlton (19/9/15) - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    The thing is, tiredness and small squads normally have an effect in late autumn. That's when our bad run started last year with the nil nil against the Spanners.

We're only in mid September, we've been playing for just over a month, so inadequacies today can't be put down to the squad size or tiredness.
  • Options

Charlton in 'limp performance in North West in front of 300 fans' shocker

Charlton in 'limp performance in North West in front of 300 fans' shocker

Operation 'limp performance at Blackburn' yet again!
    still got the t shirt proud to be there
  • Options
    "It's not time to make a change,
    Just relax, take it easy.
    You're still young, that's your fault,
    There's so much you have to know."

We forget this is a new team- there was always bound to be set backs, but I see more quality within the team than for a long time. To the pessimists out there may I suggest a long drink, some good company and a change of subject.
  • Options

GL said in hi post match comments "It's so important to score first in the Championship"

You don't say Guy.

No, its more simple than that, Its so important to score.
  • Options

GL said in hi post match comments "It's so important to score first in the Championship"

You don't say Guy.

And, Guy, exactly how many goals have your team scored in the first half of league matches this season?
  • Options
    Guess who scored the winner for Colchester today ? .. go on 'ave a guess .... ((:>)
  • Options
    We put-out probably our best side against a team that had not won this season and is the subject of a transfer embargo.
    We got thumped.

Lord help us in midweek.
  • Options
    In the 2nd half Charlton were playing towards the away fans and it was obvious that there was something wrong with Watt. When ever he received the ball in or near the area he twisted turned and did everything rather than shoot and either passed or lost it. After about 80 minutes he was shrugging his sholders at the bench and was obviously not happy. Whether the problem is physical or mental who knows?
  • Options

Guess who scored the winner for Colchester today ? .. go on 'ave a guess .... ((:>)

and an assist!
  • Options
    P'raps we need a Curbs like figure in as Director of Football. I think Luzon is way out of his depth & unless a hand comes in to steady the ship, this could implode spectacularly. The disallowed offside & 98th minute winner v Hull is masking a really dire start to the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

I couldn't give two shits if we beat Palace on Wednesday. In fact the quicker that game is over the better. I think it was @Henry Irving who said the Palace game would become a huge distraction, well we have picked up 1 point since that draw was made. I've heard said that the players and Luzon need to be made aware of how big this game is, well perhaps that's been taken too far. If we lose, we lose. The league is more important

Yes it was me.

Worst possible draw as I said at the time but it is the too small squad with so many new/unfit players that is killing us.

Bumpy ride continues.
  • Options
    I never get too optimistic when we play Blackburn. Over the years it's become a fixture I like to get out of the way.
    Looking at the table, we are only 3 points off sixth place. I'd rather not look down.
    We might be looking up at a lot of teams come May.
  • Options
    Signs are looking bad. No real leader on the pitch (sorry Chris) and no game plan when things go badly - especially away. Jackson has more influence on the pitch than on the bench even for half a game. Luzon needs to trust in those who can deliver when the chips are down! Of course an ageing but valuably experienced Jackson isn't the overall answer - it would help if certain regular players were to perform for 90minutes. Is the major problem here with Luzon? Can he only believe that a win is the target? We know that tactics play a major part - and sometimes you have to be content with a professional and balanced display that may only gain just 1point. We can only hope that morale is not nose-diving, and that Luzon can motivate his players as he did last season.
  • Options
    I hate rugby but even that was more exciting than following Charlton today
  • Options
    I wonder if we are an actual team. Jordan Cousins can do all he can to rally the troops, but Kashi is not the fulcrum however good he is.
    I still think we need a talismanic figure who can inject purpose and structure in games, as Rotherham and Huddersfield had such purpose and structure.
    I am sorry to say it but it is down to Guy Luzon to sort it out.
    Dreading Crystal Palace, right now I would pack the team with defenders, hope for a narrowish defeat, or at best get through to penalties.
    I suspect the only pleasure to be had on Wednesday is non stop abuse of Pardew.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I didn't expect us to win today but I hoped we'd at least put up a fight. Judging by what has been said by people who were there, it was a woeful performance and we seem to be going downhill rapidly. Luzon needs to show us and his employers what he is really made of and get the last few games out of the lads head and get their chins up. It's still early enough in the season to be able to chalk this up as a bit of a wobble, but with Cardiff, Fulham and Reading coming up, it's not going to get any easier.

Whilst many will be hoping for something against Palace, to me, the sooner we are out of the cup the better. I hope he plays our first teamers on Wednesday as win or lose, a passionate and committed performance might just rub off a bit on our next few league games.

I'm still fairly relaxed at this point. Whilst I still don't see Luzon as someone who can take the team forward in the longer term, I do think we have plenty of time to turn things around and get us in a position for a top half finish. Personally I think that's as much as this thin squad of players can hope for.
  • Options
    I think you are all being too despondent. RD knows exactly what he is doing, the best owner we have ever had, it is all under control, KM is managing the finances that will keep this club alive for many years to come. GL is a great tactician and knows how to win games. You wait and see, everything will be OK. Have got to go know as those men in white suits are bringing my new gown in, you know the one that allows you to scratch your back. Life is wonderful, oh oh oh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Furious without reading. I'm at a wedding. I've had an argument with the mrs because I was checking the score all the time. Why do I mug myself off all the time thinking we're behind all this. Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh
  • Options
    Not that long ago cart loads flew to Blackburn --- cost a load of dosh and the team never turned up in a 4 nil drubbing . After decades of watching Charlton the one thing you can depend on is they will alway burst the bubble let you down. Show u a glimpse and then pull the rug.
    It's Charlton it's what we do.
    Except it
  • Options

At least no one is saying is because guy Luzon has been found out!
    There is nothing to find out simple fact we're not good enough

Mr Misery next to us was from about minutes in.
  • Options

Not that long ago cart loads flew to Blackburn --- cost a load of dosh and the team never turned up in a 4 nil drubbing . After decades of watching Charlton the one thing you can depend on is they will alway burst the bubble let you down. Show u a glimpse and then pull the rug.
    It's Charlton it's what we do.
    Except it

I was on that plane, typical charlton we didn't even fly to the right bummin' airport
  • Options
    Was checking the score whilst sat at Lords watching Surrey snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It just seems all so predictable at the moment. If we don't turn up at Palace they will slaughter us.

• Options
    TWatt. Speechless. Surely out on a leo yesterday. How else can you account for such a performance?
    The second airshot was hysterical and GL even shook his hand when he came off 75 minutes later than he should have been pulled. Wouldn't normally single out a player but he was so clearly unfit to play.
    Thank you Jordan and JBG. I respect your effort and commitment despite what must have been a very disheartening experience.
    JJ back in to give the team a heart and to free Jordan to push ràther than fight fires.
    However early days, all teams slump and we've already seen what this team can produce when on song.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fuck the football off this weekend the team aren't in the game and neither am I following the news of another Lifer gone.

Things need to change football wise but I can't be worrying about that right now. Too many Lifers lost recently.

Who the fuck Lol'd this?
  • Options
    Floydroad faithful.I seldom smile for a few hours after a charlton defeat but if Japans heroic victory didnt bring a smile to every[non springbok] sports fan then ...all is lost in the world.