Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon hints some first team regulars could be rested at Palace

Comments

• Options
    When did we last reach the Fourth Round of this competition... Surely it was the year we went on to make the Quarters?
  • Options
    It's not like he's gonna play a team of under 18's.

Though i fear for us even more if he has to rest solly and plays charles cook.
  • Options
    Have we actually got anyone else to bring in?
  • Options
    Team that Palace played against Shrewsbury was very second too... (Bold players came on in that match)

Hennessey ... Ward ... Mariappa ... Hangeland ... Kelly ... Zaha ... Chung-Yong ... Jedinak ... Ledley ... Bamford ... Gayle

Bench: Mutch ... Murray ... N'Diaye Sourare ... McCarthy ... Dann ... Puncheon ... Kaikai

Now that squad only beat Shrewsbury thanks to a normal time penalty... Surely we can do better as a Championship club, just depends how strong a side either Manager puts out because of the significance of the match
  • Options
    Pardont said in his post Spurs match interview that they had just Iost two on the bounce irrespective of who the opposition were and they needed to get back to winning ways ASAP..........hmmm what this Wednesday you mean? With even more reason for him to beat us, he might not weaken his team as much as we would like.
  • Options
    Surely he won't rest players for a game against our local rivals? We should be fielding the strongest possible team and go all out to beat them!

What better way to reignite our season than a win against the Nigels.
  • Options
    Our squad is paper thin already so who is he expecting to bring in?
    It will be a very bad idea to chuck the youngsters in for this one.
  • Options
    I really can't see much benefit in resting players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do not play the first team, a 5-o thrashing will further undermine team moral. This squad was never going to beat a Premeirship side and now need this like a hole in the head.
  • Options
    Pope
    Solly - Sarr - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Jackson - Cousins - McAleny
    Watt - Kennedy
  • Options
    I think the team he will play against Palace.

Pope
    Cousins, Baeur, Sarr, Bergdich
    Gudmundsson, Jackson, Ba, Mc Aleny
    Watt, Ahearne- Grant
  • Options
    Mitov
    Barnes Yao Konsai Edwards
    Bone Charles-cook Lapsie
    Lookman Umerah Hanlan

You win nothing with kids ?

Sorry just remembered it's a night match ?

Pass their bed time.
  • Options
    Expect Jackson will start and would like to see Ahearne-Grant given a run up front with Watts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is McAleny eligible to play? With a 2 month loan, players aren't normally allowed to play in cups by their parent club, especially if they have a chance of making its first team?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    "Jacko will definitely start."

The man who Luzon doesn't trust to play even at home to the weaker Championship teams playing against a right up for it Premier League side fighting for their PL positions. They could run rings around him in CM with Jacko's lack of match fitness. As much as I love Jacko I'm not so sure on this one, not that we have much better options.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Been saying this for days if people think we are going to send a first team to Palace then think again ... The team leave for Cardiff Friday lunchtime which leaves 24 hours to deal with any Knocks
    Pope
    Charles Cook
    Sarr
    Lennon
    Bergdick

Cousins
    Jackson
    Ba
    Kennady

Grant
    Vetokele

Imagine that defence up against Bamford, Gayle, Bolasie, Zaha.... be a nail in Luzon's coffin.
  • Options
    Absolutely mental to play a weekend side - getting smashed by Palace reserves will destroy what fragile confidence remains and I can't imagine fatigue is really a justifiable reason for a game that's just round the corner.
  • Options
    Well there's a dichotomy: resting players from the first team AND using the game as the perfect opportunity to recover form....

Is he sure?
  • Options
    I'm already of a mindset that I'm praying for a narrow defeat rather than a humiliation.
    Pessimist maybe, but it's not as if we will go out and play with Curbs-like caution.
    Couldn't have come at a worse time
  • Options
    We cant rest too many players as we don't have too many others to come in.

I would imagine Solly & Diarra being rested - with either Charles Cook coming in for Solly or Cousins going back there. Sarr coming in for Diarra. Berdich will play, either on the left wing or to replace Fox.

Only non-first team regulars likely to be Charles Cook, Lennon, Kennedy & Mcaney (if allowed or not cup-tied)
  • Options
    we are going to lose this match (as much as it pains me). I'd much rather rest some of our players and concentrate on the league. But that still won't stop it hurt losing to that lot.

Mitov

RB - no idea (might have to be cousins so we can keep scoreline down)
    Sarr
    Diarra (only to rest Bauer and to try and get Sarr up to speed)
    Lennon

Kennedy
    Jackson
    Ba
    JBG

Ahearne-Grant
    McAleny

Line up based on not making it too easy and that I wouldn't rest everyone but I think a mix is wise. Either way this is going to be painful.

But if we win with our reserves, let the abuse commence lol.
  • Options

The ups and downs of following CAFC

Before the International break,
    every one and their Auntie wanted to go;
    could have sold 5K after general sale, no Problem.
    Now we could have more returns than Andy Murray made in his historic
    3 matches for GB against the Aussies.

Is this a poem?