Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon hints some first team regulars could be rested at Palace

Comments

• Options
    Gumbo said:

What's more important performance or result? It's a stupid question really (I'll ask anyway)

Result
  • Options
    Rest players or not we're still get our arses spanked but maybe not so red raw
  • Options

Love the optimism
  • Options

If he does rest lot of players and we get stuffed he will get absolutely slaughtered by the fans and quite rightly so.

I'm not sure he realises how i important this game is to his Charlton career and the relationship he has with the fans .

Are you serious Beds?

4th round of the two bob cup against a premier league outfit.....even if they are our 2nd biggest rivals.....its not the end of the world if we get mullered.

Some people still like nice guy parky and he got us stuffed at the Den in a league game, with our strongest side!!!!
    'Two bob cup'??!

This is the League Cup you know. It's not the Full Members Cup.

Even the top clubs consider it a 'major trophy.'
  • Options

Love the optimism
    I take it you didn't see our display at the weekend then
  • Options

Love the optimism
    I take it you didn't see our display at the weekend then
    I didn't but I heard we were awful. I'm just hoping that we will see some sort of response from the players tomorrow...a positive one.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

As I said and confirmed by ketts , Solly, Diarra Gudmunsson, Watt , Fox , Big Mc unlikely to feature tonight

That would be suicide. Palace would stuff is 5-0
  • Options

colin1961 said:

As I said and confirmed by ketts , Solly, Diarra Gudmunsson, Watt , Fox , Big Mc unlikely to feature tonight

So we should play unfit players?????
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

colin1961 said:

Didn't realize Gudmunsson and Fox were unfit. Have I missed something?
  • Options
    Why do we get so many injuries compared to other teams. The pre game preparation and medical process is a feckin joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if Moussa will get some game time, did ok against Sheff w the other day for the u21s. Maybe way too early for 1st team though.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

colin1961 said:

Didn't realize Gudmunsson and Fox were unfit. Have I missed something?
    Rumour is that Fox has had a knock for a couple of weeks; Johann is OK I think, but others - Watt, Mak, Solly - have all had some sort of problems recently. Rather play 11 fit players (even youngsters) than 8 fit and 3 semi-fit.
  • Options

Why do we get so many injuries compared to other teams. The pre game preparation and medical process is a feckin joke.

I said before the season started that when you are looking for bargains in football it is quite common to pick up a player who has a poor injury track record but looks cheap because of it... See Henderson.

Our injury track record is not coincidence or poor medical process IMO. Henderson, Ba, Diarra, Watt were all known as regularly unfit players before they joined us. We have known about Solly for years but do not get cover. Moussa and Vet hardly come as a surprise after last season.
  • Options

I said before the season started that when you are looking for bargains in football it is quite common to pick up a player who has a poor injury track record but looks cheap because of it... See Henderson.

Our injury track record is not coincidence or poor medical process IMO. Henderson, Ba, Diarra, Watt were all known as regularly unfit players before they joined us. We have known about Solly for years but do not get cover. Moussa and Vet hardly come as a surprise after last season.
    Are you sure Ba & Watt are regularly unfit???...or have they just been young fringe players?
  • Options
    Why would we be resting players when they have rested for the last three games?
  • Options
    if we play a young side, we will get even more battered than we will if its a half strong side. Cant help but feel the result of this could play a big part in how our season pans out overall. i for one hope we play our strongest 11, anything less and ill be very pissed off
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Well I'm happy to predict that's the biggest load of rubbish you'll read all week. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of those were rested - maybe even three - but there is absolutely no chance that all of those will be left out the squad. Who are we gonna play instead?

Quite happy to revisit this post in the morning and apologise, but given your track record of posting bizarre crap on a regular basis, I'd wager that won't be necessary.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

From Ketts

Charlton streamed Monday's Under-21 clash with Sheffield Wednesday at The Valley live on their You Tube channel.

Though without commentary, the presentation was excellent, with several camera angles and instant replays of the important incidents.

The Addicks ran out comfortable 4-0 winners, after a goalless first half. Josh Umerah with a brace, Ademola Lookman and Joe Aribo scoring the goals.

When the draw for the Capital One Cup was made, the trip to Selhurst Park was eagerly anticipated by Charlton fans. Now, with Palace in good form, and the Addicks on the slide, there will more apprehension in the away following.

Guy Luzon has said that a number of regulars will be rested with Chris Solly, Morgan Fox, Alou Diarra, Johann Berg Gudmundsson and Tony Watt probably amongst those that Luzon will consider giving a breather to.

Naby Sarr, Regan Charles-Cook, Harry Lennon, Johnnie Jackson and Mikhail Kennedy are possibles to get a rare run out.

Nick Pope looks certain to continue in goal, and Jordan Cousins may drop back to give Solly a rest.

Luzon will have to decide between Diarra and Sarr as Patrick Bauer's partner, and Zakaraya Bergdich may come in for Fox.

Mikhail Kennedy could fill the wide right berth, though Regan Charles-Cook could come into consideration.

El-Hadji Ba and Jackson could be the engine room pairing, and Conor McAleny - eligible to play in this competition - may take the wide left berth.

Igor Vetokele and Karlan Ahearne-Grant may be given the opportunity to get some minutes under their belt.

"Will consider", "could fill", "will have to decide", "may be given the opportunity" and "possibles to get a rare run out".
  • Options
    Well Watt's Insta page doesn't suggest he's being rested tonight that's for sure.
  • Options
    beat palace by scoring in the 90th minute and get Chelsea or another big pl team next round or win at Cardiff on Saturday I know what id pick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even the top clubs consider it a major trophy, once they realise its the only silverware they stand a chance of winning
    Fixed this line for you @jimmymelrose
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Lower league clubs can and do progress in these competitions, largely because the big clubs don't take them seriously - at first anyway. Whilst Luzon has played 'weakened' teams to date in the competition, he has included first teamers which is more than Sir Chris did. He now has to look at the opponents - the significance of who they are and what league they play in, but also how far we would be into a major competition if we beat what is likely to be a weaker than normal Palace side. This is surely an opportunity that requires the courage and leadership to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    The way the League Cup works...

First Round... We're getting stuffed by a lower league team
    Second Round... Bloody heck we're still in it
    Third Round... Hang on, we might get some big team here
    Fourth Round... Maybe NOW we'll get a Big team
    Quarter-Finals... Can do without this distraction
    Semi-Finals... Hang on we could bloody win it here, we'd best put out our best team

Lose in the Semis or Final... Crap small little cup anyway!!
  • Options
    I hope we put out a fit & strong as possible team tonight, and stuff the Nigels.
  • Options
    As above.
  • Options
    Man City put out a virtual full strength last night, so they are clearly taking it seriously
  • Options

Man City put out a virtual full strength last night, so they are clearly taking it seriously

Didn't win anything last season though... their Pellegrini has to win a competition this season else you'd reckon that they'll be searching for a new Manager
  • Options

The way the League Cup works...

First Round... We're getting stuffed by a lower league team
    Second Round... Bloody heck we're still in it
    Third Round... Hang on, we might get some big team here
    Fourth Round... Maybe NOW we'll get a Big team
    Quarter-Finals... Can do without this distraction
    Semi-Finals... Hang on we could bloody win it here, we'd best put out our best team

Lose in the Semis or Final... Crap small little cup anyway!!

Get to the final and win it...oh shit not the Europa League on a Thursday night!!