Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon hints some first team regulars could be rested at Palace

Comments

• Options
    wonder how close Cebellos, Reza and Moussa are to returning?
  • Options
    He wont rest players. Mind games.
  • Options
    If he does rest lot of players and we get stuffed he will get absolutely slaughtered by the fans and quite rightly so.

I'm not sure he realises how i important this game is to his Charlton career and the relationship he has with the fans .
  • Options
    masicat said:

se9addick said:

Absolutely mental to play a weekend side - getting smashed by Palace reserves will destroy what fragile confidence remains and I can't imagine fatigue is really a justifiable reason for a game that's just round the corner.

Agree. We are crap most weekends.
    Bloomin' predictive typing !
  • Options
    As we need to regain some confidence, it would seem to make sense to play as strong a team as possible for this game - Oh well!!!! Being a Charlton fan is usually one big dispapointment followed by another!
  • Options
    CHARLTON U21S | Mitov, Staunton, Konsa, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis, Edwards, Muldoon, Aribo, Moussa, Lookman, Umerah

This is this afternoons U21 line up.Kennedy missing so he'll be in the squad on Wednesday
  • Options
    I can see it being the normal cup mix-and-match team -

Pope
    Solly
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Bergdych
    Kennedy
    Ba
    Jackson
    Cousins
    Watt
    Ahearne-Grant

Subs: Mitov, Diarra, Lennon, Charles-Cooke, Kashi, Vetokele, plus Macelany (if eligible?) or Lookman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think as mentioned above, can only see him resting players if they are injured. My team would be

Pope

Cousins/Solly Bauer Sarr Fox

JBG Ba Kashi Bergdich

Watt McAlveny

Let's give McAlveny a shot up front if he prefers to be a striker. If he's not eligible KAG would be my choice to partner Watt.

I don't want to see Vetokele or Mak if neither is fit.
  • Options

CHARLTON U21S | Mitov, Staunton, Konsa, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis, Edwards, Muldoon, Aribo, Moussa, Lookman, Umerah

This is this afternoons U21 line up.Kennedy missing so he'll be in the squad on Wednesday

Lennon playing, so he won't feature on Wednesday
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I can see it being the normal cup mix-and-match team -

Pope
    Solly
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Bergdych
    Kennedy
    Ba
    Jackson
    Cousins
    Watt
    Ahearne-Grant

Subs: Mitov, Diarra, Lennon, Charles-Cooke, Kashi, Vetokele, plus Macelany (if eligible?) or Lookman.

Agree Pedro, cup mix and match is best.

Why have just liquorice when you can have all sorts .

• Options
    edited September 2015

If he does rest lot of players and we get stuffed he will get absolutely slaughtered by the fans and quite rightly so.

I'm not sure he realises how i important this game is to his Charlton career and the relationship he has with the fans .

Are you serious Beds?

4th round of the two bob cup against a premier league outfit.....even if they are our 2nd biggest rivals.....its not the end of the world if we get mullered.

Some people still like nice guy parky and he got us stuffed at the Den in a league game, with our strongest side!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Are you serious Beds?

4th round of the two bob cup against a premier league outfit.....even if they are our 2nd biggest rivals.....its not the end of the world if we get mullered.
    100% serious. without getting into the Nigels /Spanners argument i couldn't care less about Millwall.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Personally would swap a win for 3 points all day long.
  • Options
    thought the club were looking into beam backs, surely this would have been a prime one?
  • Options
    We need a good team performance, and the first team has enough youngsters in it at present, so the best that we have available for me.
    Sorry, I just do not buy this what is the point, we are going to lose mentality. Yes, palace on paper looks like a 'tonking',do not expect a win to be sure, but expect a strong team ( as possible) and a good performance. What is the point of this cup competition or any other draw if you go there with a half hearted attitude. ( injuries aside) I would have the entire first team squad, there to support the players selected.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Huge case of 'MAN UP' needs to be dished out on here...

Doesn't matter who plays for us we will still WIN WITH EASE.

This is Palace FFS, a small team near Coulsden, best known as a cut through to the M25.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People treat Cups and Leagues as if you can't do well in one if you do well in another, such is not the case. They have a fitness and medical team around them on a day to day basis, Thursday & Friday to recover to a fit state is more than enough. Injuries can happen anywhere, as likely at training as in a match in reality (due to the quantity of training in comparison to 90 minute match).

3k Charlton fans going to this match, and we'd probably have no problem selling upto 5k+ in essence, says it all... you throw this away by playing inexperienced or a poor team and you will start to get fans on your back more than they already are.

I'd take this as serious as a League game, even with some changes (which is probably needed in the League also).
    I didnt say that, i was just trying to put some perspective to Beds post.

• Options

People treat Cups and Leagues as if you can't do well in one if you do well in another, such is not the case. They have a fitness and medical team around them on a day to day basis, Thursday & Friday to recover to a fit state is more than enough. Injuries can happen anywhere, as likely at training as in a match in reality (due to the quantity of training in comparison to 90 minute match).

3k Charlton fans going to this match, and we'd probably have no problem selling upto 5k+ in essence, says it all... you throw this away by playing inexperienced or a poor team and you will start to get fans on your back more than they already are.

I'd take this as serious as a League game, even with some changes (which is probably needed in the League also).
    I didnt say that, i was just trying to put some perspective to Beds post.

People, not you, just carrying on from your 'debate'. In the real world you can never swap a win here for another win here, it's a bit like me taking it easy at work today as I'm preparing for a big one at work on Wednesday.

It could be Luzon just taking pressure off himself for a moment, and a bit of mind games as you say, so let's wait and see what team he puts out. If it's weak, inexperienced, and we get smashed he has made a blunder. If it's 'strong' and we pick up injuries he hasn't made a blunder, that's just football
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    We'll lose so let's lose big.

A team of youth entirely with Jonathan Jackson to captain the debacle that sees Dana Luzon's husband lose his job and be replaced by Jose Riga...
  • Options

He wont rest players. Mind games.

this, we'll have our strongest available side out (maybe minus Solly due to knee)
  • Options
    Agreed, and if we beat them, the whole mood changes and we are then more likely to beat Cardiff. Not sure what isn't to get there!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Our last 3 games have been against teams that had a collective record at time of playing us:

P W D L
    18 0 8 10

Instead of resting players he should be dropping players and letting us know they were dropped.
  • Options
    Was given a ticket to Spurs v palace Sunday. If we play as we've played the last 3 games, we're fucked.