Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon hints some first team regulars could be rested at Palace

1235»

Comments

• Options

Why do we get so many injuries compared to other teams. The pre game preparation and medical process is a feckin joke.

Guy doesn't like to work the players too hard, fitness-wise, e.g. lots of running. This is a source of frustration to some of the fitness staff.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Why do we get so many injuries compared to other teams. The pre game preparation and medical process is a feckin joke.

Guy doesn't like to work the players too hard, fitness-wise, e.g. lots of running. This is a source of frustration to some of the fitness staff.
    Seems a bit odd, fitness is key these days. Players really need an engine on them in today's modern game
  • Options
    Guy likes to win....
  • Options
    And go 10-pin bowling
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Good source i hope Uboat ?

After last season and the rumours of Big Bob and his coaches.

Getting players up to optimum fitness should be quite standard with all the expert advice and being monitored by machines.
    I have always believed in the skill level being high so if you don't give the ball away you won't spend 60% of the time trying to get it back.
  • Options
    I thought he said he liked his team to work at a high tempo, not easy if you are not extra fit.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I said before the season started that when you are looking for bargains in football it is quite common to pick up a player who has a poor injury track record but looks cheap because of it... See Henderson.

Our injury track record is not coincidence or poor medical process IMO. Henderson, Ba, Diarra, Watt were all known as regularly unfit players before they joined us. We have known about Solly for years but do not get cover. Moussa and Vet hardly come as a surprise after last season.
    Are you sure Ba & Watt are regularly unfit???...or have they just been young fringe players?
    Ba
    Taken from a newspaper: "Ba has spent the season on loan with Bastia, although a series of injuries have restricted him to just seven appearances for the Ligue 1 side." Think this included a broken leg.

Watt
    A few SL posters in here said he never looked fit when he played for them. I am not thinking injuries, just a generally poor level of match day fitness by the seems of things. Plus, taken from a newspaper:
    'The only part of his Belgian adventure that has not been so enjoyable has been the exhausting extra running sessions with his manager Stanley Menzo, who admits he was taken aback by Watt’s lack of fitness.'