Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Shooting In America?

Comments

• Options
    Rizzo said:

I see that Trump has said that ‘I believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon’ in reference to the latest school shooting. Does that prick even hear the words that come out of his own mouth? Delusional draft dodging twat.

I doubt even his secret service detail would have run in there in that situation, armed or not. And coming from someone who paid a doctor to give him a sick note to get out of going to Vietnam, it's utterly disgusting to see him saying that and also that nobody called him on it. Every single person who was present when he said that knew he was lying but not one of them so much as raised an eyebrow.

Cult of personality developing?

I find it strange that Americans, who in the main revere military service (rightly so), can accept lectures on cowardice, from a coward.

Just shows people within politics are scared to challenge him, and his supporters will accept any old bollocks that spews from his mouth. I certainly think there is cause and effect here.

What is also enormously frustrating is the clear trade off being made, losing bump stocks to arm teachers with concealed weapons?? Smart move for the gun lobby, trade off accessories for hardware - the teacher market is going to be huge!

@SDAddick have the teachers' unions commented?
  • Options
    Delta and United Airlines have now also ended their ties with the NRA.....and thats despite Delta being HQ'd in Georgia which is a republican state. Georgia republicans are now threatening to withdraw any state tax breaks Delta receive.....its all such bullshit.
  • Options
    If I were Delta I'd simply leave the state. Fuck you, NRA.
  • Options
    Yeah Georgia needs Delta more than Delta needs Georgia
  • Options
    I read today that "only" 40% of households in the US hold a gun. For some reason I thought it would be higher. Other countries have higher ownership rates (but fewer guns per 100 people) particularly where they have national service.

Goes to show that you can't tarnish a vast and diverse country with a single brush :) but there really are a minority of gun nutters there
  • Options
    Trump is a pathetic cowardly dishonest scumbag .
  • Options

You change your tune more often than I change my socks - at least weekly.

• Options

There’s one thing about the last few days that I’ve found disturbing of which both sides of the argument have been guilty - the demonization of the deputy who failed to act.
    Yes, he didn’t do anything despite protection of those kids being his job. It appears he failed at his job and has paid for this with his career. And rightly so.

However, he is being repeatedly named and condemned for his actions (or lack of action) by pretty much everyone from the grieving students to Trump himself. I can’t help but think the guy is already going to be paying for his failure with the guilt that he must feel.

We’d all like to think we’d stand up and be counted if put in a difficult situation, especially if protection is our job. But I honestly don’t know, hand on heart, how I would react if put in his situation. Would I go in all guns blazing? Or be cool and calculating? Would I panic? Or maybe I’d freeze? I genuinely don’t know.

Of course, he’s not covered himself in glory, but I think he needs to be left to deal with his own grief and undoubted feelings of guilt. No, scratch that, he needs help and counseling to make sure he doesn’t become one of those tragic stories of people sinking into depression and taking their own life. What he doesn’t need is for the world and his wife to keep digging him out for being a coward. He knows he could’ve done better and he’s got to live with it. Don’t make it worse for him or he may become the 18th victim of this terrible crime.

Don’t wish to sound flippant, but there may well be a few sickos out there who are planning to shoot him.....a very real scenario and I ain’t joking!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Sometimes I'm being ironic, sometimes I'm not. If I'm being honest I'd stick to describing him as a pathetic cowardly dishonest scumbag'.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Sometimes I'm being ironic, sometimes I'm not. If I'm being honest I'd stick to describing him as a pathetic cowardly dishonest scumbag'.
    I know :)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I know :)
    You know more than me - I know nothing....
  • Options

I see that Trump has said that ‘I believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon’ in reference to the latest school shooting. Does that prick even hear the words that come out of his own mouth? Delusional draft dodging twat.

There's enough gun owning lunatics in USA bent on notoriety, for a few to be planning a mass shooting scenario to test POTUS on this one...
  • Options

Rizzo said:

I doubt even his secret service detail would have run in there in that situation, armed or not. And coming from someone who paid a doctor to give him a sick note to get out of going to Vietnam, it's utterly disgusting to see him saying that and also that nobody called him on it. Every single person who was present when he said that knew he was lying but not one of them so much as raised an eyebrow.

Cult of personality developing?

I find it strange that Americans, who in the main revere military service (rightly so), can accept lectures on cowardice, from a coward.

Just shows people within politics are scared to challenge him, and his supporters will accept any old bollocks that spews from his mouth. I certainly think there is cause and effect here.

What is also enormously frustrating is the clear trade off being made, losing bump stocks to arm teachers with concealed weapons?? Smart move for the gun lobby, trade off accessories for hardware - the teacher market is going to be huge!

@SDAddick have the teachers' unions commented?
    As you can imagine, they're non too keen.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/us/arming-teachers-trump.html

This is not the first time such a thing has been proposed. It was proposed after New Town as well.

Mr. Trump’s idea is not new. A similar proposal was raised in 2012, following the massacre of first graders at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. The nation’s largest education organizations immediately rejected it.

“Firearms in principals’ and teachers’ hands might do more harm than good,” the National Association of Secondary School Principals said in a December 2012 statement. “To be effective, schools must be perceived as safe havens.”

And I believe there have been districts who have offered teachers training on firearm use in the classroom and the uptake was incredibly small.
  • Options

What the fuck is wrong with this utter shitstain of a woman?

Well done Curtis!

She sticks her oar in everywhere. Just another attention seeking twat.
  • Options

What the fuck is wrong with this utter shitstain of a woman?

Well done Curtis!

What a c*nthole.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Current situation developing just a few hundred yards from where I am right now. 36 year old emotionally troubled ex-vet released just two weeks ago, somehow got body armor and an "assault weapon"and has taken 3 hostages at the Yountville Veterans Home, which is the oldest vet home in California and the largest in the country.

We don't think yet that anyone has been killed but there are at least 30 shots fired. Sirens and police everywhere.

I am safe but it feels weird to have this literally happening just down the street as we speak.

Can't wait to find out how this guy got an assault rifle and body armor.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Later in the video she wipes out her family before turning the rifle on herself!

And everyone died happily ever after.
  • Options

Changing the gun culture is not going to be easy is it ?

• Options

Current situation developing just a few hundred yards from where I am right now. 36 year old emotionally troubled ex-vet released just two weeks ago, somehow got body armor and an "assault weapon"and has taken 3 hostages at the Yountville Veterans Home, which is the oldest vet home in California and the largest in the country.

We don't think yet that anyone has been killed but there are at least 30 shots fired. Sirens and police everywhere.

I am safe but it feels weird to have this literally happening just down the street as we speak.

Sorry to hear this Napa. Sounds a really sad situation all round. Hope it all gets resolved without any loss of life.
  • Options

Stay safe mate.
  • Options
    Still a standoff. I think he will give up at some point. Hopefully!

Word is the guy had PTSD, was a vet in Iraq, and was kicked out of the home because he was "too crazy" according to the son of one of the current hostages.

One quick way to stop these PTSD ex-vets from being menaces is to stop our nonsensical invasions of other countries and reduce the size of our military. We create these people ourselves. It's a self inflicted wound.

• Options
    Gunman killed all 3 hostages before killing himself. All three victims were women.
  • Options
    Made the news here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43355274

Tragic. Hope you aren't too shaken up Napa
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Made the news here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43355274

Tragic. Hope you aren't too shaken up Napa

Another waste of life....
  • Options
    Must have just completed GTA 5.....there’s no other possible explanation