Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malkay

Comments

• Options

jamescafc said:

Big Mak lives around Petts Wood so not too far away from Chislehurst

Half the first team squad live in Bickley, chiselhurst, petts wood........Watt lives in woolwich
    Woolwich? I know our budget is small for the league but I would expect our star player to live somewhere slightly more affluent than Woolwich
    From his Instagram it looks like he lives in a nice modern development right next to the river. Looks really nice actually
    He does, near the new crossrail site, Tracey Leaburn posted a few pics a while back when he moved in
  • Options
    I had a manager at work. I absolutely hated her and its the reason I have just left and moved on to a new job.

She called someone (behind their back) a stupid fat nosed Jew, she would often make tasteless derogatory comments about how crazy Muslims were etc. As well as insinuating that because a woman was black and lived in Woolwich that she would act/hold certain beliefs/vote a certain way. And this was in front of me, someone she disliked. In my exit interview I went for it, bringing up everything she had done, but I left all of this out of it. I hate the woman, but I feel like there was no real malice in what she said, just a stupid remark.

A lot of people say a lot of stupid things to people they trust, I think a lot of the time people say things that are 100% stupid but have absolutely no malice in it (this woman was making ethnic hire after ethnic hire, was half Chinese, and in my eyes despite being an absolute shithead of a woman, not a racist).

I'd just be careful branding some a racist (not that the finger pointing "you're racist" brigade ever tend to care) there is a huge difference between people who think black people and minorities are inferior, and some idiot running their mouth to a private friend in a way which has no malice.

I am sure a lot of us in our time have said this that, if taken out of the context in which they would said and put in a public forum, would have people pointing fingers at us in the streets, I know I have.

I'm not saying he isn't racist, but I'm not saying he is.

Anyway, he's shit, so there's no point anyway.
  • Options

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/jul/fa-statement-malky-mackay-and-iain-moody

The above link was The FA's statement regarding Mackay but I will highlight one particular paragraph below

"However, The FA has spoken to both Iain Moody and Malky Mackay about the inappropriateness of terms used in the messages. Both individuals have acknowledged that such terms are not acceptable. Mr Mackay has also voluntarily undertaken equality and diversity training."

The way I see it Mackay made a mistake, he's held his hands up and apologised and taken action to learn from his mistake.

Regardless whether he becomes our next manager or not Mackay should be allowed to pursue with his career not left hung out to dry forever.

Or he just towed the party line and gave lip service to a shallow apology in a vain attempt to make himself employable in the future?

It's 'embedded behaviour' sadly. Thoughts/feelings/values/beliefs etc.......
  • Options
    Seems not him anyway thank gawd
  • Options
    Richard J said:

One of our players who started today is drinking in Chislehurst as we speak(fact as I have a pic).
    The player has confirmed Malkay is our new manager.
    So if true we have Luzon on the pitch with the new boss looking on, f****** disgraceful.
    Welcome to the circus Malkay

Simonsen used to drink in Chislehurst after games back in the day.
    Travellers Rest?
  • Options
    Love to know the percentage who say they wouldnt go anymore who actually dont go anyway , at a guess i bet its over 50 percent.
  • Options

Big Mak lives around Petts Wood so not too far away from Chislehurst

Not him
  • Options

Just had a quick look through the thread and noticed one thing: quite a few people can't even spell the 'rumoured' new manager's name right. Nothing much different than hiring an unknown foreign man in this regard I guess. :wink:

Anyway, I reserve judgement on this potential new appointment. He went to Wigan last November and failed to keep them up. He would have almost the same amount of time here at Charlton to try to turn things around. Not looking good.

You have got me there, I still cannot spell his name right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing I have always struggled with is the definition of what is a mistake. To me a mistake is not crossing a "t" or dotting an 'I", maybe even not putting sugar in my wife's tea may considered mistakes.
    Bad manners, sexist, homophobic, racist language is usually used by people who are that way inclined. Their mistake is not keeping it to themselves but they can't. By all means let them work but not in jobs where they have the chance spread their vile behaviour. I haven't a clue what job this could be and with a bit of luck it doesn't exist in the 21st century.
  • Options
    Hendo likes a drop of the black stuff in chis.
  • Options

what makes you write that,at this time?

• Options

I find this little quote very interesting, want to elaborate a little?
  • Options

what makes you write that,at this time?

I heard a bell was ringing : - )
  • Options
    Feck me its quasimodo then
  • Options
    He lives in my town (our kids attend same school) so at least I could get a lift home from games.
  • Options
    Couple of wins Malky and watch the fickleness fold from some of our supporters!
    Btw - how many of you guys/girls had a takeaway chinky last night!
  • Options
    So it comes down to a network manager, who has not got the required knowledge and skills set or a damaged goods British manager.

Lambert would be by far the best of those mentioned, but doubt he would be interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    E=mc2 said:

I seriously considered deleting this post as that is not the sort of phrase that I think should be on Charlton Life. But I expect some more enlightened posters to put you right pretty quickly.
  • Options
    E=mc2 said:

I was just thinking that as i was reading through the thread.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Stig said:

E=mc2 said:

I seriously considered deleting this post as that is not the sort of phrase that I think should be on Charlton Life. But I expect some more enlightened posters to put you right pretty quickly.
    Alot of people still refer to a Chinese takeaway as a "chinky"

*edit id just like to make it clear that we are referring to calling the take away a chinky not chinese/oriental people
  • Options

E=mc2 said:

I was just thinking that as i was reading through the thread.

Spotted this!
  • Options

Stig said:

E=mc2 said:

Alot of people still refer to a Chinese takeaway as a "chinky"

*edit id just like to make it clear that we are referring to calling the take away a chinky not chinese/oriental people
    Are you for real.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Stig said:

E=mc2 said:

Fair enough and respect you for it - I think I can take it? Just like to say to those who try, 'come on - Put em up!
  • Options

No matter what you think of him or his actions, he didn't (I believe) actually racially abuse anyone did he - he made some racist private remarks and was not charged by the FA.

Not saying I agree with the latter but I Think it's an important distinction.

No, it isn't. He wasn't charged by the FA because private communications aren't subject to their sanctions. It's a technicality, nothing else. And I really don't think being willing to send racist, homophobic and sexist messages to your colleague but being careful enough to not say them out loud to someone gives you any leeway in the arsehole stakes.
    Your original message implied he directly racially abused someone - I was merely pointing out that he didn't - he was using racist language in private.
  • Options
    Yes i am for real, a lot of people do refer to the take away as a chinky.

I haven't said it is ok to do so, just comenting that with the mass outrage at the potential appointment of MM you would think that these things don't go on, they do and alot of people believe it to be acceptable.
  • Options

No matter what you think of him or his actions, he didn't (I believe) actually racially abuse anyone did he - he made some racist private remarks and was not charged by the FA.

Not saying I agree with the latter but I Think it's an important distinction.

No, it isn't. He wasn't charged by the FA because private communications aren't subject to their sanctions. It's a technicality, nothing else. And I really don't think being willing to send racist, homophobic and sexist messages to your colleague but being careful enough to not say them out loud to someone gives you any leeway in the arsehole stakes.
    Your original message implied he directly racially abused someone - I was merely pointing out that he didn't - he was using racist language in private.
    Indirect racial abuse is the best kind !