Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options

Albon extension surely? Can't see them risking announcing Logan this early. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Nor can I see Piastri turning down Alpine to sit at the back of the grid
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Nor can I see Piastri turning down Alpine to sit at the back of the grid

Not a chance it's Piastri. The only left field move could be De Vries but he's 27 and probably past his chance. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Becoming Andretti Williams Racing and Albion will be joined by Herta next season :wink:
  • Options
    Maybe Lewis is going there for a challenge... Mercedes appear to be hinting as much

• Options
    Norris vs Piastri will be fascinating to watch.

Hope Ricciardo ends back at Alpine... Still feel his form @ Mclaren has been partly down to them being c**ts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So messy, with Felix Rosenqvist now claiming he doesn't actually have a contract in 2023 with McLaren, so I guess that means they'll have O'Ward, Rossi and Palou as their Indycar drivers, and Norris and Piastri in the F1 team. Imagine, 12 months ago Alpine were touting Piastri around telling everyone if they need a driver as emergency cover he can slot into any team, almost like they were parading him around as the next big thing, and after paying for his development, getting him through the junior ranks, they've lost him to a rival team because they didn't tie him down in time. Surely some of Alpine's SMT heads will roll for this?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    To be fair they didnt even need to parade him round.

Only three drivers have won F3 and F2 in their debut seasons, two of them went straight into F1 afterwards, and are now at the front of the grid - Even if they couldn't have offered Oscar a drive, they should have tied him down to a Contract, as his CV speaks for itself.
  • Options
    To be fair they didnt even need to parade him round.

Only three drivers have won F3 and F2 in their debut seasons, two of them went straight into F1 afterwards, and are now at the front of the grid - Even if they couldn't have offered Oscar a drive, they should have tied him down to a Contract, as his CV speaks for itself.
    Yeah I know they didn't need to, but I remember articles last season coming out all the time like "Alpine offer Piastri to Aston Martin" and even this season when Ricciardo was ill in preseason, they offered McLaren him for the first race if needed. 
  • Options
    Still can't believe the Alpine tweet announcing Piastri hasn't been deleted
  • Options

Hope Ricciardo ends back at Alpine... Still feel his form @ Mclaren has been partly down to them being c**ts
    Why do you say that about McLaren? What have they done to affect Ricciardo's performance?
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Why do you say that about McLaren? What have they done to affect Ricciardo's performance?
    Allowed him to drive one of their cars.   :D
  • Options

Last couple of races there have been rather bland radio messages, telling Ricciardo to simply hold station behind Norris - Even when he's been the faster driver at the time, if thats the case, it just makes me wonder if they're doing anything else.

I mean there was one incident in Austria where they could have swapped the cars, see if Ricciardo could get past Alonso (?), and revert them if not... I mean makes sense, in the Constructors Championship, as doesnt matter who gets the team points in that contest

I probably need to take my tinfoil hat off, but just dont trust Mclaren at the moment.
  • Options
    Lando is McLaren's golden boy, similar to Max at Red Bull, so it's no surprise if they've been favouring him over Danny
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Lando is McLaren's golden boy, similar to Max at Red Bull, so it's no surprise if they've been favouring him over Danny
    I dont blame them for that approach, but then I dont think they can complain about Danny's performances then either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last couple of races there have been rather bland radio messages, telling Ricciardo to simply hold station behind Norris - Even when he's been the faster driver at the time, if thats the case, it just makes me wonder if they're doing anything else.

I mean there was one incident in Austria where they could have swapped the cars, see if Ricciardo could get past Alonso (?), and revert them if not... I mean makes sense, in the Constructors Championship, as doesnt matter who gets the team points in that contest

I probably need to take my tinfoil hat off, but just dont trust Mclaren at the moment.
    I can't say that I recall Daniel being clearly faster than Lando recently, or at any time at McLaren. His performances last aeason and this have been consistently underwhelming. It's a shame, as Daniel haa been a top driver. Something hasn't suited him in his time at McLaren but I don't think that it is anything underhand.
  • Options
    Daniel is having trouble getting to grips with the car. That and maybe it is designed to suit the perceived faster driver rather than him which is an issue in other teams. As a top racing driver, he has to get up to speed and it has taken him too long to do this in all honesty
  • Options
    Off topic as people have stated Norris is signed up for Mclaren, but how long until he will go to a top team so he can start going for the title. Unless something dramatic happens at Mclaren to change that, just feels a bit of a waste him sticking around. 
  • Options
    Off topic as people have stated Norris is signed up for Mclaren, but how long until he will go to a top team so he can start going for the title. Unless something dramatic happens at Mclaren to change that, just feels a bit of a waste him sticking around. 
    He signed a contract extension with McLaren until the end of 2025.
  • Options
    Who is to say that McLaren won't return as a top team.
  • Options
    Where though? Mercedes have pinned their hopes on Russell, Ferrari? Norris doesn't seem like the right fit for them, and again he won't want to be second fiddle to Max at RB. His best bet is McLaren become a force to be reckoned with again
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Where though? Mercedes have pinned their hopes on Russell, Ferrari? Norris doesn't seem like the right fit for them, and again he won't want to be second fiddle to Max at RB. His best bet is McLaren become a force to be reckoned with again
    The fact he is under contract until 2025 was my main point, I can see him going to Mercedes if Hamilton leaves/retires. I hope Mclaren can become a force again , it just looks like the top 3 are way ahead so would need to change a bit. 
  • Options
    I don't think there's anything that suspect going on at McLaren really in terms of favouring Lando, I just don't think the car suits Danny at all. They haven't seemed to be able to find a setup with this new generation of car that suits Danny's driving style at all and I think it's probably in the best interests of both they part ways.

Lando Vs Piastri will be a very exciting prospect and I wouldn't like to say what way it will go , Oscar has a Russell/Leclerc level junior career and won't be going there to be No2. 
  • Options
    I fear the sport is now in an era that requires a works outfit to have any realistic shot of winning a title.

A factory team has to design their car around somebody elses technology. Perhaps the engine freeze can help but i have my doubts.
  • Options
    I fear the sport is now in an era that requires a works outfit to have any realistic shot of winning a title.

A factory team has to design their car around somebody elses technology. Perhaps the engine freeze can help but i have my doubts.
    Its a shame that both Porsche and Audi only appear interested in joining as Engine suppliers.

They might make things more fun if they entered their own teams, especially if Porsche could challenge Mercedes in F1

But then they know it wont happen overnight for them, which is why they wont do it.

Nor is the pushback against Andretti helping find other teams