Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    What a weekend for Ollie Bearman!!

Gets third today - With those ahead of him outside the points, he's now just a single point behind Hadjar if my maths are correct.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Olly Bearman now just one point off the F3 championship lead after finishing 4th, promoted to 3rd, in the feature race in Belgium.
    Five drivers within 10 points at the top. 
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll see Bearman and Leclerc in the F2 Prima seats next year.

The youngster is showing that neither Leclerc or Crawford are F1 material for me
  • Options

The youngster is showing that neither Leclerc or Crawford are F1 material for me
    Sounds like a little bit of bias there. Both Leclerc and Crawford made up a huge amount of places in both races this weekend. Just goes to show how important it is to always qualify in the top 12.
    Without some silly mistakes that he has made, Arthur Leclerc would have a decent lead in the championship. Making mistakes seems to run in the family!

• Options
    I'd expect Prema retain Hauger for next season and then it's one from 3 with him. I'd expect it will be whoever wins it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Sounds like a little bit of bias there. Both Leclerc and Crawford made up a huge amount of places in both races this weekend. Just goes to show how important it is to always qualify in the top 12.
    Without some silly mistakes that he has made, Arthur Leclerc would have a decent lead in the championship. Making mistakes seems to run in the family!

Maybe but the facts are there... Both had average first seasons in F3, and are now being beaten by a rookie in their second.

Piastri and Zhou have shown the requirement for F1 now.

Either have the exceptional talent (even that doesnt get you straight into F1) or have a ton of money that can buy you a seat - Its even worse for Crawford, his rookie teammate at Prema is beating him, and his rookie team mate in the RB Juniors is beating him too.

Long way to go yet in this Championship for them to prove me wrong, but just don't see it.
  • Options
    I've just laid max, got a feeling he goes too aggressive and doesn't end up finishing this 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I've just laid max, got a feeling he goes too aggressive and doesn't end up finishing this 
    No wonder he just had a big smile on his face
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Would have thought he’d be saving his energy for the race.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Max is currently trading at 2.38 on Betfair. You've got to be mad to back him to win at what equates to less than 11/8, when he's starting 15th. Laying him to lose at 2.42 seems to me to be a far more attractive proposition.

Just seen that more penalties means that he will start from 14th. Still a big ask to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think verstappen knows his car is fast enough that he doesn't need to take any risks. He could drop a few places at the start because of this, but I think he will soon work his way into contention for a podium, even a victory.
  • Options
    Max is currently trading at 2.38 on Betfair. You've got to be mad to back him to win at what equates to less than 11/8, when he's starting 15th. Laying him to lose at 2.42 seems to me to be a far more attractive proposition.

Just seen that more penalties means that he will start from 14th. Still a big ask to win.
    Alpha Tauri penalty promotes Max further up the grid. Doesn't seem dodgy at all.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Alpha Tauri penalty promotes Max further up the grid. Doesn't seem dodgy at all.
    Just waiting for the announcement that Pierre Gasly is going to do the same!
  • Options
    Phew... Spa will be on the calendar next year - Would have been bonkers to remove it
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

cafcpolo said:

Its ridiculous that Sky did an interview with Christian Horner at his home recently and he was sitting there in AlphaTauri branded clothing - Its surely no secret that the two teams fall under the same roof, so shit like this needs stopping

Unfortunately it seem impossible to control
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

cafcpolo said:

Its ridiculous that Sky did an interview with Christian Horner at his home recently and he was sitting there in AlphaTauri branded clothing - Its surely no secret that the two teams fall under the same roof, so shit like this needs stopping

Unfortunately it seem impossible to control
    Red Bull would deny, of course, that anything underhand ever happens. Only someone very naive would believe that.
    I don't recall Alpha Tauri cars ever fighting too hard to keep Red Bull cars behind.
    I can't find anything likeable about Christian Horner, Jonathan Wheatley or Helmut Marko and I think that their personalities set the tone for the rest of the team, including the drivers.
  • Options
    Well, well, well Gasly from the pit lane!
  • Options
    Well, well, well Gasly from the pit lane!
    You cynical... cynical man!! :D
  • Options
    That was totally Lewis' fault.
  • Options
    I need to see that a few times. Hamilton certainly didn't leave Alonso any room but was he in front? My gut is it is Hamilton's fault but I think we need to see the car positions entering the corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No further action so probably wasn't as clear as Alonso was trying to present it.
  • Options
    No further action so probably wasn't as clear as Alonso was trying to present it.
    I felt it was 70-30 Hamilton’s fault. He was clearly ahead so Alonso maybe should’ve yielded, but he cut Alonso off. I think the fact they both could’ve avoided it is why they’ve said no more action.

What I didn’t like was the personal attack from Alonso. Drivers slag each other off in the heat of the moment, and that’s understandable, but that was just bitchy. Both of these drivers are so good because they’re both willing to dare other drivers to take them out. Usually, the other driver yields, but sometimes, like today, they don’t. Alonso’s done this enough times in his career, he can’t complain about it when someone does it to him. 
    Where he does have a point is that Hamilton didn’t execute it well, so he didn’t have a lot of time to react.

At the end of the day, I would understand if Hamilton had got a penalty, but I can also understand why he didn’t.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    That is how I see it. It felt a bit like a Verstappen move by Hamilton, yield or hit me. A mistake by Hamilton but what saved him is probably he was in front so technically Alonso should have yielded but it was tight and not many drivers would have in Alonso's position. More Hamilton's fault but both could have avoided it.
  • Options
    How many plans do Ferrari have... 17-laps in and they're already up to Plan D
  • Options
    That is how I see it. It felt a bit like a Verstappen move by Hamilton, yield or hit me. A mistake by Hamilton but what saved him is probably he was in front so technically Alonso should have yielded but it was tight and not many drivers would have in Alonso's position. More Hamilton's fault but both could have avoided it.
    I'm not sure he actually got ahead. He was certainly level. The problem was that Lewis pinched Alonso too much.
    Alonso's comments were pathetic.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I'm not sure he actually got ahead. He was certainly level. The problem was that Lewis pinched Alonso too much.
    They haven't shown much of it but I would imagine if they were level the stewards would have sanctioned Hamilton in some way. Need to see the detailed analysis.
  • Options
    They haven't shown much of it but I would imagine if they were level the stewards would have sanctioned Hamilton in some way. Need to see the detailed analysis.
    I think they're being kind to him, for a change, but making him walk back to the pits as a punishment.
  • Options
    Oh bloody hell Ferrari... Pit Leclerc for fastest lap, and lose position to Alonso
  • Options
    Oh bloody hell Ferrari... Pit Leclerc for fastest lap, and lose position to Alonso
    Didn't get it, and then got a 5 second time penalty for speeding in the pit lane from that stop so finishes behind Alonso anyway! 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Didn't get it, and then got a 5 second time penalty for speeding in the pit lane from that stop so finishes behind Alonso anyway! 
    Phew - For a minute I was worried we wouldnt get a clown moment from them this week