Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    I cannot believe that on pure pace Max should be finishing 18 seconds ahead of Perez, starting 14th on the grid as opposed to 2nd.
    Either Red Bull have manufactured that or Perez's car had an engine at the end of its life up against Max's brand new engine.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Oh bloody hell Ferrari... Pit Leclerc for fastest lap, and lose position to Alonso
    Didn't get it, and then got a 5 second time penalty for speeding in the pit lane from that stop so finishes behind Alonso anyway! 
    Phew - For a minute I was worried we wouldnt get a clown moment from them this week
    Don't know about that, the radio messages to Leclerc were pretty clown-like, "Question".
  • Options
    I cannot believe that on pure pace Max should be finishing 18 seconds ahead of Perez, starting 14th on the grid as opposed to 2nd.
    Either Red Bull have manufactured that or Perez's car had an engine at the end of its life up against Max's brand new engine.
    a mixture of the engines, and Max being an absolute beast in that car on this track this weekend. He set the fastest lap by over 6 tenths, over everyone, and showed yesterday in quali that same speed. 

Perez is a decent driver but they are a class apart in reality. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    a mixture of the engines, and Max being an absolute beast in that car on this track this weekend. He set the fastest lap by over 6 tenths, over everyone, and showed yesterday in quali that same speed. 

Perez is a decent driver but they are a class apart in reality. 
    I do accept that but Perez should be embarrassed to be beaten so far under those circumstances.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Oh bloody hell Ferrari... Pit Leclerc for fastest lap, and lose position to Alonso
    Didn't get it, and then got a 5 second time penalty for speeding in the pit lane from that stop so finishes behind Alonso anyway! 
    Phew - For a minute I was worried we wouldnt get a clown moment from them this week
    Don't know about that, the radio messages to Leclerc were pretty clown-like, "Question".
    At one stage during the race it sounded like Ferrari had accepted (after Hungary) that Leclerc needed to make the tyre strategy calls, and were asking him like a waiter in a restaurant what he wanted.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    At one stage during the race it sounded like Ferrari had accepted (after Hungary) that Leclerc needed to make the tyre strategy calls, and were asking him like a waiter in a restaurant what he wanted.
    Sounds like they are now too scared to make the calls themselves for fear of being blamed for another cock-up.
  • Options
    It’s a real shame that the inadequacies of the Mercedes car and the incompetence of the Ferrari team is basically handing the title to Verstappen and Redbull. The championship is effectively over and, as good a driver as Verstappen is, and as much as I enjoy the whole f1 experience, I just can’t enjoy watching it as much when he’s winning.

This year is over at the front. If Merc and Ferrari have their heads screwed on, they’ll put all their energy into getting next year right. Hopefully some of the other teams will catch up a bit too. 
  • Options
    It’s a real shame that the inadequacies of the Mercedes car and the incompetence of the Ferrari team is basically handing the title to Verstappen and Redbull. The championship is effectively over and, as good a driver as Verstappen is, and as much as I enjoy the whole f1 experience, I just can’t enjoy watching it as much when he’s winning.

This year is over at the front. If Merc and Ferrari have their heads screwed on, they’ll put all their energy into getting next year right. Hopefully some of the other teams will catch up a bit too. 
    RB can effectively do that as well now though which is the worry!
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Outstanding drive today but he did my nut in today complaining over the radio during the early stages that Perez wasn't letting him past - They wouldn't have been an issue today regardless, but they'd already gotten the two AlphaTauris to start in the pitlane for him... What more does he want!!

This all from a first World Championship win where his team will forever been known for arguing "its a Motor Race, so lets go racing" - Well ironically he didnt seem to want that today with his team mate.
  • Options
    Or there was no need for him to go any faster, just preserve the car and be there in case!.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm expecting more of the same at Zandvoort in front of the sea of Orange. Unless the bizarre W13 decides that next weekend it's actually going to be a capable F1 car. 
  • Options
    This season is done and dusted... Forget it.

Just got to endure a good few races of Red Bull running away with it now.

My only hope at the moment is that Toto is playing 4D Chess with Red Bull - He's been massively against the Flexi-Floor (which RB and Ferrari have been using), but with the rules changed for Spa, it just made Red Bull look a lot faster.

Just hoping that Mercedes have potentially given up on this year already, and getting this rule change, is because Mercedes have something up their sleeve ahead of next season.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    So F1 has changed the regs to make racing more exciting and they have succeeded, so far, in making it less so.
  • Options
    So F1 has changed the regs to make racing more exciting and they have succeeded, so far, in making it less so.
    To be fair, with major reg changes, it’s always likely that there will be a weird year where hardly anyone gets it right. 
    Turns out Redbull got it right and everyone else imploded (for varying reasons) this year. Shame, but let’s hope it sets us up for good competition next year.
  • Options

The contract recognition board have found in McLaren's favour 
  • Options
    Otmar will be spitting feathers. He sounded very confident when speaking about this at Spa.
  • Options
    Otmar will be spitting feathers. He sounded very confident when speaking about this at Spa.

Sounds like he's doing no media at all this afternoon because of it. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Sounds like he's doing no media at all this afternoon because of it. 
    Apparently it was a unanimous decision, which makes you wonder why Otmar was so confident.
    Some of the things he was saying last week now make him look a bit of a twat.
  • Options
    Ferrari with another poor stop on Sainz, leave a gun in a dangerous place that Perez ends up having to run over.

We only had to wait 16-laps this week for their usual tomfoolery
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferrari with another poor stop on Sainz, leave a gun in a dangerous place that Perez ends up having to run over.

We only had to wait 16-laps this week for their usual tomfoolery
    The identity of the Ferrari strategic mastermind has been revealed:

• Options
    Ferrari = comedy gold. 
  • Options
    Christ almighty, what the hell was Vettel doing getting in the way
  • Options
    Christ almighty, what the hell was Vettel doing getting in the way
    Since he left Ferrari, I’ve grown to really like Vettel, but that was ridiculous. He may well be the difference between who wins this race.
  • Options
    lol!... So Ferrari's latest plan is to try and finish P4
  • Options
    Was Tsunoda trying to gift Verstappen a safety car there?
  • Options
    Was Tsunoda trying to gift Verstappen a safety car there?
    Still is.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Something well dodgy going on here.
  • Options
    Oh cmon... Why the fuck was he allowed to go back out?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    This is fucking bullshit... Red Bull cannot be allowed to have two teams like this - Hopefully with Mercedes on the quicker tyre its now gonna give them an advantage, but like last week, its just ridiculous from AT