Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Million Mask March

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    If you want to be an architect then you have to have 2 degrees - I might be wrong but as i understand it: 1st degree, year out, Masters and then 2 more years vocational experience to qualify.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Dazzler_21. While my spelling was never 100%, I have the problem of a PC that is set in Spanish and auto corrects at will. Sorry if the spelling annoyed you.
    I mentioned the Art degree to give an idea of where I' m coming from, and was being toungue in cheek, which I won't say sorry about as I never asked if you care or not. I work as a travel agent in Spain right now, as I prefer work to unemployment and have to take what I can get. However, I do paint, and launched my own website to promote my work earlier this month. You may not like my work, but I am still doing it, and it has proved hugely usefull in my life.

www.neil-holliday-painter.com

As for the rest, you see it one way, me another. I have no desire to argue further and exhibit my spelling to further ridicule, so I'll leave it there.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Students benefit from earning degrees. Why? Because employers advertise the "best" positions as being suitable only for candidates with degrees. Quite rightly, many - but not all - employers believe that a candidate who has demonstrated the dedication, intellect and application to complete a degree course is often the most-suitable candidate for long-term employment. In short, the employer benefits from employing staff with degrees. Equally, the country benefits from having well-educated, British job candidates.

British people receiving an excellent education benefit British employers - whether in the public or private sector. In my view, the cost of university education should be met by the state.

But, if the decision is made that the public sector pushes the cost of education onto those that directly benefit from it. So, in my view it should be shared equally between those that gain degrees and those that employ them. The £45k should be split, 50/50, reducing the cost to the student and making the employer pay for the added value in recruiting the "best".

Right, so you freeze graduates out of any entry level full time jobs (higher level too in a recession), and turn any who don't have connections to employment and can't 'swim' as freelancers within the first year into 'unemployable wasters'. Then what?
  • Options
    Yer protesters need to get a grip, who do they think they are trying to make change. Full grown men will be protesting about 11 kids kicking around a bag of air next... ah hang on a minute.
  • Options
    Did you see that plummy girl with her mask on interviewed on the news last night ?

"I think the weather has put lots of people off"

Hardcore
  • Options
    Just heard that some of the protesters decided to blind some horses... Lovely
  • Options
    Do people seriously think that the police would bother to blind their own horses, put themselves in A&E, and torch their own cars just to make a bunch of bed-wetting keyboard warriors illegally marching look bad?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Did you see that plummy girl with her mask on interviewed on the news last night ?

"I think the weather has put lots of people off"

Hardcore

I was trying to find the clip, absolutely brilliant.

They couldn't even answer why they were protesting.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Do people seriously think that the police would bother to blind their own horses, put themselves in A&E, and torch their own cars just to make a bunch of bed-wetting keyboard warriors illegally marching look bad?

they did in 2010 at the G20 Protests - the met use dirty tricks time and time again
  • Options
    Radzinsky said:

Fiiish said:

they did in 2010 at the G20 Protests - the met use dirty tricks time and time again
    Bit different though, there were actual organisations involved in setting that up that protest. This was a march from a Facebook event attended by a bunch of bored internet trolls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Radzinsky said:

Fiiish said:

Bit different though, there were actual organisations involved in setting that up that protest. This was a march from a Facebook event attended by a bunch of bored internet trolls.
    A bit like scenes at 2:30 today then
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Fiiish said:

Radzinsky said:

Fiiish said:

A bit like scenes at 2:30 today then
    Really? Any evidence of pre-meditated violence at police & public property?
  • Options
    The copper that wrote that report must be dreaming if he thinks that march will go off peacefully. Thousands marching, in the dark with masks on.
  • Options

Dazzler_21. While my spelling was never 100%, I have the problem of a PC that is set in Spanish and auto corrects at will. Sorry if the spelling annoyed you.
    I mentioned the Art degree to give an idea of where I' m coming from, and was being toungue in cheek, which I won't say sorry about as I never asked if you care or not. I work as a travel agent in Spain right now, as I prefer work to unemployment and have to take what I can get. However, I do paint, and launched my own website to promote my work earlier this month. You may not like my work, but I am still doing it, and it has proved hugely usefull in my life.

www.neil-holliday-painter.com

As for the rest, you see it one way, me another. I have no desire to argue further and exhibit my spelling to further ridicule, so I'll leave it there.

Just saw the link and checked out your website, Neil.

Interesting work. Keep on painting!

• Options
    So, did a million turn up? Or is that just the masks?
  • Options

So, did a million turn up?

2% of that.

Seems a reoccurring percentage on this forum.

• Options
    Sorry about the grief mate. Would of thought the water would of scared the filthy lazy mugs off...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Majority of them all come from money and do gap yarrrrs pricks of the highest order that need a good kicking, shame they don't get the same over reaction as the thugs that brought marseille to its knees, racist England thugs on the rampage, same double standards as Notting hill
    Carnival half of the fuckers protesting will be pen pushers in a couple of years.
  • Options

Had the pleasure of encountering some of these whilst on duty as a firefighter in central london last night. Aggressive and confrontational,pissed and drugged up,40 strong,masked up vs 3 firefighters putting out a pallet fire they decided to build on the south bank. They blocked our route,stood in front of the fire we were trying to put out and were right in our faces,the great unwashed,stinking of beer. They were asking how much we got paid etc and saying we were 'slaves to the establishment'. I offered to stop paying my taxes but it would unfortunately mean they'd have to go and get a job,they werent keen. I asked them why,if they so anti-establishment,they were giving grief to normal,working class blokes and trying to intimidate us to which they told us to 'fuck off and do your job'??? Skanky,lowlife scum.

You should have turned your fire hoses on them and blown them straight into the Thames, scummy cnuts.
  • Options

Majority of them all come from money and do gap yarrrrs pricks of the highest order that need a good kicking, shame they don't get the same over reaction as the thugs that brought marseille to its knees, racist England thugs on the rampage, same double standards as Notting hill
    Carnival half of the fuckers protesting will be pen pushers in a couple of years.

They'll ponce about in Australia and the like until their trust funds start paying out
  • Options

Bit like the middle aged businessmen running around Paris scrapping then ay ? , they should all know better

• Options
    shine166 said:

Bit like the middle aged businessmen running around Paris scrapping then ay ? , they should all know better

Never attacked any firemen though
  • Options

shine166 said:

Didn't see that detail, just read that drunk teenagers Wouldn't moved out of the way of the fire. I hope nobody was harmed by booze fumes and confrontational language.

• Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Didn't see that detail, just read that drunk teenagers Wouldn't moved out of the way of the fire. I hope nobody was harmed by booze fumes and confrontational language.

A couple of baton round injuries wouldn't have gone a miss though