Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Anderson is out of the first Test but England are hopeful of him being fit for the rest of the series.
  • Options
    I wonder if Footitt might get his debut? - suggest more than likely to be Woakes.
  • Options
    Woakes it is.
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Keep your eyes peeled for my brother hes going over for the first two tests he's got his big Charlton flag with him it's got my only desire written on it

Any room on it for Roland out?
  • Options

dancafc said:

Keep your eyes peeled for my brother hes going over for the first two tests he's got his big Charlton flag with him it's got my only desire written on it

Any room on it for Roland out?
    Him and his mates had it made ages ago
  • Options
    Start delayed 'til 8.30. SA win toss and insert England in conditions where the ball should seam.

England team as expected. Steyn returns for SA.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    'As expected' being ....
    Cook,Hales.Compton,Root,Taylor,Stokes,Bairstow,Ali,Woakes,Broad,Finn

SA team...
    Van Zyl,Elgar,Amla,Du Plessis,ABDV,Duminy,Bavuma,Steyn,Piedt,Abbott,Morkel

Based on that, there are several things that spring out...

1) Length of Englands batting - with a Test centurion coming out at 10
    2)Strong SA batting line-up up to 6 (except for maybe the openers)
    3)SA bowling attack much stronger but with Piedt the (low quality) spinner.

I'm concerned that SA could be batting before today is out.
  • Options
    Sky cutting costs here? Using the SA feed from Supersport ?
    Not impressed.
  • Options
    Hales off the mark first ball for 2 (cue out 2nd ball now!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SA bowling much stronger? Even without Anderson I'd say they're about equivalent
  • Options

'As expected' being ....

SA team...

Unfortunately for us though only Cook and Root in our top 8 average more than 32
  • Options

'As expected' being ....

SA team...

Unfortunately for us though only Cook and Root in our top 8 average more than 32
    And one of those, Cook, is out caught "fishing" off Steyn.
  • Options
    It's all Bell's fault.
  • Options
    for a 'globe' as Warney would say.
  • Options
    Cook gone for 0 off 11 balls. Same old problem getting caught off slip.
  • Options
    Wanker, isn't he? Never really scores runs
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Root in at 3? Thought it would be Compton

Edit sorry cricinfo's error
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Compton just looks so jerky and uncontrolled movements. Cant see him lasting long (either in this innings or in this series)
  • Options
    Rain stops play at 12-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015

Rain stops play at 12-1

Qualified as 'lightning' !!!

Caption says 'Lightning stopped play' - not often you see that !
  • Options
    Anyone seen Dans brothers CAFC flag yet ?
  • Options
    All I can say is that it's a good job I've banked so many brownie points in the last few days because with the cricket, horse racing and football today, the chances of the family seeing me today this side of 6.00 this evening are as good as KM making a public apology for her numerous misguided comments.
  • Options

All I can say is that it's a good job I've banked so many brownie points in the last few days because with the cricket, horse racing and football today, the chances of the family seeing me today this side of 6.00 this evening are as good as KM making a public apology for her numerous misguided comments.

Take the whole day AA. Darts at 6. :0)
  • Options

I am tempted especially as my eldest son will be there. Though he got thrown out the last time by security for holding up a sign "criticising" the sponsors, Betfred, for being afraid to accept any bets from him!
  • Options

I am tempted especially as my eldest son will be there. Though he got thrown out the last time by security for holding up a sign "criticising" the sponsors, Betfred, for being afraid to accept any bets from him!
    Why would they be afraid to accept any bets?
  • Options
    No cricket being played btw at the moment - early lunch being taken
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Why would they be afraid to accept any bets?
    Cos every bookie is a joke unless you lose and even then Bet365 stopped me (reduced my bets to pennies ) after I won my fifth bet after losing the previous 4 bets all were around evens and for similar amounts , stating we don't like the style of betting you are doing

And I have stopped gambling because I am useless !!
    Yet couldn't get a bet on of any decent size with any bookie and i was as big a loser as you could find !

• Options
    Hales out. Steyn 2 wickets for no runs.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    And Hales shows why he probably isn't a Test opener - caught behind trying to drive a swinging wide one from Steyn.

12-2

Steyn 3.5-3-0-2