Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Good day for us after losing the toss and being 12-2
  • Options

Good day for us after losing the toss and being 12-2

And 49-3 with our two best batsmen back in the hutch
  • Options
    We've certainly got plenty of batting to come, Stokes at 9?
  • Options
    Woakes, you mean? Yeah, he's a proper batsman. Arguably should be above Moeen, although it doesn't really matter
  • Options
    redman said:

Seen a big Charlton flag there. Had a Union Flag and 1905 on.

That's my brother's flag mate
  • Options

Nice to see Compton and Taylor fighting hard. Taylor reminds me of a jack Russell short quick on its its feet and not scared of the big dog. I live in Cape Town the first three days were sold out about 2 months ago, hoping to take my oldest for day 4 , born here but she supports England, Got to love that, my youngest still retains home loyalty. Guess which one I will be getting the British passport first.

AF, my British passport says birthplace = Plumstead,UK - my youngest son was born in Constantiaberg and therefore his British passport says birthplace = Plumstead,South Africa.
    Occassionally i get some funny looks/questions when going through Passport Control with him.!
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Keep your eyes peeled for my brother hes going over for the first two tests he's got his big Charlton flag with him it's got my only desire written on it

Dan, is he going 2 the ODI/T20 in Joburg & Centurion? Pretty safe to say I'd go up to anyone anywhere in the world with a Charlton flag! I expect I'm not alone in that - can't see that being true for all clubs; does that make us all have a special bond, friendly or sad?!
  • Options

dancafc said:

Keep your eyes peeled for my brother hes going over for the first two tests he's got his big Charlton flag with him it's got my only desire written on it

Dan, is he going 2 the ODI/T20 in Joburg & Centurion? Pretty safe to say I'd go up to anyone anywhere in the world with a Charlton flag! I expect I'm not alone in that - can't see that being true for all clubs; does that make us all have a special bond, friendly or sad?!
    We'll go and say hi in Cape Town next week too if we see the flag. My husband is on crutches though so movement limited, if he hears an 'up the addicks' from afar- it's us!
  • Options

dancafc said:

I think he said he's coming home around the 15th January
  • Options

dancafc said:

We'll go and say hi in Cape Town next week too if we see the flag. My husband is on crutches though so movement limited, if he hears an 'up the addicks' from afar- it's us!
    He's goingto the 2nd test I'll message him and tell him to keep an eye out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All going wrong for England. Stokes went for a quick 20 or so, Compton for a marathon 85 trying, of all things for him, to pull a ball from Morkel and Ali and Woakes went in two balls from Morkel.

253-8
  • Options
    Bairstow is batting well though for 37* (49)
  • Options
    300-9

Bairstow out for 47

Broad an excellent 30 at a run a ball so far
  • Options
    303 all out

Finn out for 12
    Broad 32* (33)

Steyn 4-70
    Morkel 4-76

• Options
    Already looking like a good score :)
  • Options
    Amla with some of Charlton's luck from yesterday
  • Options
    Broad bowls van Zyl for a duck and then Bairstow drops Amla - and that would have made it 4-2

• Options
    Damage limited as Broad does get Amla caught behind

14-2

Won't make Woakes feel much better though as he was the "victim" of Bairstow's drop!
  • Options
    ABV to the crease

Broad now has the second most Test wickets this year (53). Ashwin is top with 62.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Good riposte from Broad at the end when batting which seems to have carried forward into his bowling - now need to get ABDV out cheaply, and we could be looking for a first innings lead here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was it a catch?
    On radio not too sure either way ?
  • Options
    Tight as you can get, but looked a catch to me and was expecting the finger to go up
  • Options
    Yep looked a catch to me. Dont understand Stokes reaction - if it had been SA they would have been screaming at the Umpire to be given out- youve got to think that his reaction must have influenced the 3rd Umpire. You cant give a player like ABDV anything.
  • Options

Nice to see Compton and Taylor fighting hard. Taylor reminds me of a jack Russell short quick on its its feet and not scared of the big dog. I live in Cape Town the first three days were sold out about 2 months ago, hoping to take my oldest for day 4 , born here but she supports England, Got to love that, my youngest still retains home loyalty. Guess which one I will be getting the British passport first.

We are in Cape Town in February and taking in the ODI.

• Options
    redman said:

redman said:

redman - as someone who has lived in Cape Town for a few years, do you need some hints of where/where not to go?
  • Options
    ABDV has the habit of jumping down the wicket to the first ball of every over from Moeen - i wonder if it might be worthwhile bowling a quick one down leg (obviously have a chat with the keeper first) to try to get a stumping - it will also make him think twice about going down the wicket too.
  • Options

ABDV has the habit of jumping down the wicket to the first ball of every over from Moeen - i wonder if it might be worthwhile bowling a quick one down leg (obviously have a chat with the keeper first) to try to get a stumping - it will also make him think twice about going down the wicket too.

No need - out caught behind- off Broad.
  • Options
    Was a good ball.
  • Options
    Du Plessis out bowled Ali
    Get off !
  • Options
    113-4