Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Come on Joe. You're our only hope.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Hales just doesnt have 'it' at Test level- nor does Compton - go prove me wrong.
  • Options
    Poor, poor shot from Hales. And only back in the crease a few balls after lunch. We are making Steyn look good ffs.
  • Options

All I can say is that it's a good job I've banked so many brownie points in the last few days because with the cricket, horse racing and football today, the chances of the family seeing me today this side of 6.00 this evening are as good as KM making a public apology for her numerous misguided comments.

Take the whole day AA. Darts at 6. :0)
    I am tempted especially as my eldest son will be there. Though he got thrown out the last time by security for holding up a sign "criticising" the sponsors, Betfred, for being afraid to accept any bets from him!
    Why would they be afraid to accept any bets?
    Cos every bookie is a joke unless you lose and even then Bet365 stopped me (reduced my bets to pennies ) after I won my fifth bet after losing the previous 4 bets all were around evens and for similar amounts , stating we don't like the style of betting you are doing

And I have stopped gambling because I am useless !!
    Yet couldn't get a bet on of any decent size with any bookie and i was as big a loser as you could find !

And that's what they do - if you are successful they will limit you to literally pennies. That way their PR men can say "we never close accounts" even though, effectively they do.

A bookies is only as good as his traders and for all things mainstream all information is in the public domain. But, as a simplistic example, let's say you know that Welling United have their best three players out injured - that sort of information won't be readily available to traders.

Another example would be something that happened a couple of years ago when I was with him. We got to Canterbury early for a Kent game against Hants and saw that the boundary was ridiculously short one side so the likelihood was that there would be a greater than normal number of 6's in the game. Traders won't have factored that in at the time they set the prices so there is an edge. Having said that, as soon as they see a few bets being struck on that market, the alarm bells will start to ring.

I have already warned Seb that when he eventually plays for both Kent and England he will have to "disown" his brother for fear that he is passing on information ;-)
  • Options
    Compton's fighting pretty well IMO
  • Options
    A Charlton flag will be there
  • Options

Hales just doesnt have 'it' at Test level- nor does Compton - go prove me wrong.

Harsh on Hales after one innings (against the top ranked test team), and I quite like Compton, just thigh him and Cook together was too slow - could be a good call at 3.

You could be right, but I hope we give them both a decent chance.
  • Options
    Root with a massive 6 off Abbott. What a shot....
  • Options
    It's a strange thing talking about technique because technique really is what works for you. And by that I mean, if you take Malinga for example, there is no way he would have got near the county game let alone Internationals had he been brought up here.

Root, on the other hand, is someone with classic technique. And for that reason he rarely looks as if he's in trouble. Even the ones he misses he knows why he missed it, then dismisses it and gets on with playing the next ball.

Hales (and others in the England set up) need to find what works for him if he wishes to stay at the top level.
  • Options
    Leading run scorers in 2015 has Cook leading the pack with 1357.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollocks. Root gone off 1st ball from spin.
  • Options
    Root you wally
  • Options

It's a strange thing talking about technique because technique really is what works for you. And by that I mean, if you take Malinga for example, there is no way he would have got near the county game let alone Internationals had he been brought up here.

Root, on the other hand, is someone with classic technique. And for that reason he rarely looks as if he's in trouble. Even the ones he misses he knows why he missed it, then dismisses it and gets on with playing the next ball.

Hales (and others in the England set up) need to find what works for him if he wishes to stay at the top level.

No sooner do I say that then he is given out first ball of the spinner's spell ;-(

• Options
    Is reviewed - and OUT
  • Options
    That's some (low quality) spin bowling there!
  • Options
    Come on JT.
  • Options
    Desperate for Hales to prove most of us wrong. If only for the fact that the excitement of having Cook, Compton and The Snail as our Top 3 might kill me!
  • Options
    Taylor with a fine pull shot for four.
  • Options
    Rain @ 55-3
  • Options
    Rain could well be out best player this innings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100-3

Compton 32* (93)
    Taylor 28* (57)
  • Options
    Seen a big Charlton flag there. Had a Union Flag and 1905 on.
  • Options

Rain could well be out best player this innings

We're on top now, I'd argue
  • Options
    Has Compton settled down? Stuck with the inlaws
  • Options
    Compton and Taylor looking utterly untroubled. Piedt has given them marginally more alarm than any of the seamers
  • Options
    Nice to see Compton and Taylor fighting hard. Taylor reminds me of a jack Russell short quick on its its feet and not scared of the big dog. I live in Cape Town the first three days were sold out about 2 months ago, hoping to take my oldest for day 4 , born here but she supports England, Got to love that, my youngest still retains home loyalty. Guess which one I will be getting the British passport first.
  • Options
    134-3

Compton 43* (117)
    Taylor 50* (87)

Excellent undefeated partnership, in the circumstances, of 85
  • Options
    Compton doing his best Chris Tavare impression again. ;-)
  • Options
    174-4

Taylor gone for 70 caught behind off Steyn

Compton 63*
  • Options
    179-4 end of day one, good recovery shame we lost Taylor late on. Let's hope our long batting line up does the business tommorow