Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    Elgar given not out to Stokes LBW which showed that would have been out on replay - England didnt review.
  • Options
    It's weird looking at their batting lineup and seeing so many unfamiliar faces
  • Options

When you consider that, over the past 12 months they have lost Smith,Kallis,Boucher(retirement) and Philander(injury).
  • Options
    edited December 2015

When you consider that, over the past 12 months they have lost Smith,Kallis,Boucher(retirement) and Philander(injury).
    I suppose the difference between them and other countries is that the replacements don't seem to have made a name outside of their country (e.g. in Country cricket or IPL) beforehand
  • Options
    EOD 137-4.

Probably England in better position maybe 55-45.
  • Options
    55 for 45 ?
    That's either some triffic bowling, or appalling batting.
  • Options

Tight as you can get, but looked a catch to me and was expecting the finger to go up

Interesting way to celebrate!

• Options

Tight as you can get, but looked a catch to me and was expecting the finger to go up

Interesting way to celebrate!

Brilliant !
  • Options
    Speaking on The Verdict, Bob Willis said AB de Villiers is the best ever player across all formats. I'm not disagreeing but that's quite a big statement
  • Options

Speaking on The Verdict, Bob Willis said AB de Villiers is the best ever player across all formats. I'm not disagreeing but that's quite a big statement

Still only no 4 batsman in the Test? rankings behind 1) Williamson 2) Root and 3) Smith.
    However, i do agree with our Bob.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I guess he means those who have played Tests, ODI and IT20 which of course will only be a limited number.
    Bradman by his extraordinary superior statistics will always be regarded as the greatest Test bstsman and I'm sure Goose stil personally thinks that The Master Blaster is the best he has ever seen as far as Test cricket goes.
  • Options

Still only no 4 batsman in the Test? rankings behind 1) Williamson 2) Root and 3) Smith.
    However, i do agree with our Bob.
    ABV's average of a little over 22 from 60 T20 Internationals certainly doesn't, statistically, put him near the top of the rankings.

From purely the perspective of having the greatest range of shots and single handedly winning so many games, however, he has to be right up there.
  • Options
    Player? Not just batsman? Just wondering if there is an allrounder, or maybe bowler, more deserving of the title. If all three formats are given equal weight, how about Chris Gayle?

ABV is a great shout though
  • Options
    England having a great start to the day.

SA now 166 for 7
  • Options
    194-7

Elgar proving a bit of an immovable object and has carried his bat for 108 to date. In fact, if you exclude ABV's innings of 49, it means that the seven other batsmen have made just 26 between them.
  • Options
    214-9!
  • Options
    214 all out

Elgar carries his bat for 118*
  • Options
    Well done the bowlers. Lead of 89.
  • Options
    Reading through the bbc text commentary and states South Africa have not passed 250 in last seven tests !!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Reading through the bbc text commentary and states South Africa have not passed 250 in last seven tests !!!

World number ones!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ABV fails to deny that he intends to retire from Test cricket.
  • Options
    Steyn off injured having pulled up in the middle of his over. Big blow for SA.
  • Options
    Cook out LBW to the spinner Pied

13-1
  • Options

Taken off to hospital for a scan on his shoulder
  • Options

The way he was holding that shoulder suggests a tear. I doubt he'll play again in this series. Huge blow for SA
  • Options

LOL - misinformation from commentary box. Steyn hasn't gone to hospital and is actually back on the pitch now!
  • Options
    Compton has faced 7 balls in 12 overs
  • Options
    That's a seriously impressive leap from Piedt, we should play him at CB this afternoon...

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Compton has faced 7 balls in 12 overs

Trying to protect him from the strike. Well he does bat like a tail ender desperate not to give up his wicket sometimes. He now has 6 from 26.

Hales 23* (64)

36-1

Lead of 125

• Options

LOL - misinformation from commentary box. Steyn hasn't gone to hospital and is actually back on the pitch now!
    This is getting farcical. Steyn bowls another three balls and has to "retire" again.