Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• 75-3 and still 66 ahead
  • 123-5, still 18 behind...running out of overs and light I think...
  • 132-6 and still 9 behind
  • I guess it's a case of if the lights last, with so much time having been lost you'd hope they'd play on as long as the light allows, but they'll probably come off at 6:30 in glorious sunshine
  • 142-6 Kent will have to bat to win
  • Come on Kent. Surrey have lost by an innings and win for us would make it a fantastic day.
  • 11 overs (effectively 9) left.

COME ON KENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Slipping away lead up to 30 now and overs running out :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Slipping away lead up to 30 now and overs running out :-(

Stevens or Blake could knock that off in one over ;-)
  • Come on Kent. Surrey have lost by an innings and win for us would make it a fantastic day.

Just noticed Joe Root picked up 2 of the Yorkshire wickets, to go with his double ton.

ROOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT
  • 65 ahead now 5.5 (3.5) overs left.

I can see them shaking hands soon.
  • Match drawn :-(

Still unbeaten though***

***Patent taking an eternity to be granted. Doesn't the Patent Office understand how unique this run is?
  • Hey all,

Firstly I come in peace so no need for the 'get back to your own thread' comments!

Just to make you all aware that University of Kent and Canterbury Christchurch Uni have their annual Varsity match at the county ground this friday.

Ladies match starts at one and mens in the evening. Two back to back T20 matches that make good watching. the standard is higher than you would expect (particularly the mens match).

If anyone is at a loose end and wants to come down entry is free.

I have managed to get the day off work so am heading down to support UKC so if you would like to come I will happily say hello. (although I am likely to be fairly drunk)

So a free game of cicket plenty of alcohol and you get to meet me! Why would you not go?!

Reminder the is is today. Do come by. I am fairly smashed already. Good good. Say hello to me stripy shirt and UKC cricket club tie. Forgot my Roland out flag. Message me if you come here...
  • Kent 34-1 against Northants, Latham run out for 2...

Imran Qayyum makes his CC debut as the spinner as Adam Riley is injured
  • 244-4

D B-D 47
    Northeast 49
    Dickson 14
    Denly 105*
    Stevens 10*
  • 259-5

Stevens gone for 21
    Denly 107*

Someone called MS Panesar playing - current figures of 29-7-91-1
  • 275-6

Rouse out for 6
    Denly 116*
  • Sponsored links:

• 300-7 at close

Haggett out for 2

Denly 126*
    Claydon 10*

Great to see that Denly has joined D B-D, Latham, Northeast and Stevens in hitting form. Most consistent start to a season we've had, from a batting perspective, in years.

There's now some much needed competition for batting places with the likes of Fabian, Blakey and even Ball waiting in the wings
  • LenGlover said:

300-7 at close

Haggett out for 2

Denly 126*
    Claydon 10*

Great to see that Denly has joined D B-D, Latham, Northeast and Stevens in hitting form. Most consistent start to a season we've had, from a batting perspective, in years.

There's now some much needed competition for batting places with the likes of Fabian, Blakey and even Ball waiting in the wings
    Careful, Len....

You're starting to wax lyrical like canters addick !

• LenGlover said:

300-7 at close

Haggett out for 2

Denly 126*
    Claydon 10*

And Billings to return!

• LenGlover said:

300-7 at close

Haggett out for 2

Denly 126*
    Claydon 10*

And Billings to return!

How did I forget him!?
  • LenGlover said:

300-7 at close

Haggett out for 2

Denly 126*
    Claydon 10*

Careful, Len....

You're starting to wax lyrical like canters addick !

Hey! I was right to spend the whole of last season waxing lyrical over that squad. We were always gonna win the league!
  • 345/8

Panesar got Claydon, stumped.

We need 5 more from this over to get an extra batting point...

... and Denly smacks the third ball of the over for 6! Good stuff Joe.
  • 367-8 we got a 4th batting point!

Denly 177* Hunn 3*
  • Denly in the 114th over, bowled by Azarullah

6, dot, 4, 4, 1

192* - Absolutely brilliant.
  • 389-9

Hunn b Keogh 3

Denly 199*
  • Hunn bowled - 3 (46).

The partnership was 68 with Hunn obviously only contributing 3. A valuable knock though as he allowed Denly to tee off.

389/9 - 115 overs.

Denly 199*