Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

1535455565759»

Comments

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/teams/kent/fixtures

Essex at Beckenham on Sunday 9th July kicks off the T20 campaign
  • Options
    Quality start to the competition.
  • Options
    So Kent come to visit my team at Hove to start the season. At least, there's plenty to do when it rains for four days. Another borefest at TW, I fear.
  • Options

So Kent come to visit my team at Hove to start the season. At least, there's plenty to do when it rains for four days. Another borefest at TW, I fear.

Get yourself in the hospitality tent at T Wells. Nothing boring about free drinks all day
  • Options

I'm sure I may have asked you this before but why does a bloke who used to watch Kent at the Rectory Field support Sussex?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I'm sure I may have asked you this before but why does a bloke who used to watch Kent at the Rectory Field support Sussex?
    Oh God, it's confessions time. I am traitor. Pure and simple. I live in Kent on the Kent/Sussex border. Hove is a lot easier to get to than Canterbury so I adopted Sussex. Now, I must go and check who the Lions and the Eagles are playing this week.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Wow that has brought back some memories for me! My first taste of cricket was the annual traditional (then) 3 day game against Surrey at the Rectory Field (I was brought up in Charlton).
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

LenGlover said:

Wow that has brought back some memories for me! My first taste of cricket was the annual traditional (then) 3 day game against Surrey at the Rectory Field (I was brought up in Charlton).
    Cricket at The Rectory Field ended because one year Kent played Essex in a ridiculously low scoring game. I think all four innings were around the 80-110 mark. There may have been one more game but the writing was on the wall after that.
  • Options
    Charlottte Edwards to leave Kent after 16 years. Shame as I'm sure we could have used her in some capacity to help the girls and ladies coming through. I'm sure she could even help some of the lads with regards to playing on the International stage with regards to handling the pressure and the media.

kentcricket.co.uk/news/charlotte-edwards-to-leave-kent-after-16-years-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointing news - Viljoen has signed a three year contract with Derbyshire.
  • Options

They intend to register him as a Kolpak player too...
  • Options

They intend to register him as a Kolpak player too...
    Indeed - by all accounts we did offer him a contract but were outbid.

That's the trouble with supporting Kent - and Charlton of course!
  • Options
    Very good signing by Derbyshire, another county that could hit financial issues if they are overspending.
    Kent are being very well run at the moment, and whilst the majority of Div 2 clubs face a serious threat of extinction, we are very stable.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Very good signing by Derbyshire, another county that could hit financial issues if they are overspending.
    Kent are being very well run at the moment, and whilst the majority of Div 2 clubs face a serious threat of extinction, we are very stable.

We are now. And for that reason we can't overspend. Because we haven't got much more land we can sell off to cover our debts. Though I wouldn't complain if we sold Canterbury off to make Beckenham our base ;-)
  • Options

CHG said:

We are now. And for that reason we can't overspend. Because we haven't got much more land we can sell off to cover our debts. Though I wouldn't complain if we sold Canterbury off to make Beckenham our base ;-)
    I imagine Gidman cost a bit

Kent do suffer with their population being spread out across the county, and SE London. Wherever the HQ is will be inconvenient for many people
  • Options
    Can I just clarify I fuckin hate Surrey with every bone in my body/
  • Options

Love you too! ;)
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fixture list a sign of the future. Just 4 days county championship cricket at Canterbury in the 4 months from 24 April! And excluding the West Indies game just 7 t20 matches in July and August ie about 21 hours cricket in 62 days.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Fixture list a sign of the future. Just 4 days county championship cricket at Canterbury in the 4 months from 24 April! And excluding the West Indies game just 7 t20 matches in July and August ie about 21 hours cricket in 62 days.

We play a CC match at Beckenham on the 3rd July then go nearly 2 months with nothing but T20 (unless we progress in the Royal London)

Fine for England Test players, but if we need to call anyone up in August we'll be calling up players who've not played a CC match for several weeks...