Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO39863

After being bowled out for 95 in their first innings, Somerset end up winning by 31 runs! Spinners took nearly all the wickets after the first morning...
  • Options
    Kent 155-7

lead by 1 run!
  • Options
    158-8

Gidman gone. What an awful loan! Batting average of only 149.50.

Useless
  • Options
    Nice update Len .... :-)
  • Options
    173-9 Coles gone
  • Options
    very disapointing performance with the bat. This is the wicket that Duckett got over 200 on. You can excuse the first innings a bit as it was very overcast. Second innings deplorable.
    DBD hasn't been the same since he played for England Lions and SNE has alos gone off the boil big time!
    Both of them may have been having their heads turned by so called "bigger" counties but may both have shot themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    redman said:

very disapointing performance with the bat. This is the wicket that Duckett got over 200 on. You can excuse the first innings a bit as it was very overcast. Second innings deplorable.
    DBD hasn't been the same since he played for England Lions and SNE has alos gone off the boil big time!
    Both of them may have been having their heads turned by so called "bigger" counties but may both have shot themselves in the foot.

Considering Sam has been re-appointed captain again for next season, I think you can be sure he certainly is not having 'his head turned' and considering other counties.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    redman said:

D B-D is carrying a knee injury I believe and I think the thousand plus county championship runs SNE has scored this season allow him an off game.

I speak as one highly critical of his (SNE's) continued selection ahead of the likes of Cowdrey a couple of years back when his batting average was high teens low twenties so no blinkers here.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Think it will be all over before we play Essex

Typical

Charlton two season running welcome the Championship winners to The Valley for the final game of the season

This season Kent will end up welcoming Div 2 winners Essex to Canterbury for the final game of the season...
    Sigh....
  • Options
    Not over yet Killer.

Still on as long as they don't win next week and we beat them last game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been there quite a few times now, but what a soulless, bland, boring ground at Beckenham!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    MrOneLung said:

Not over yet Killer.

They need 5 points to win (leaving aside Sussex who could still overtake us though it's unlikely)

It'll be even more annoying if we beat Essex, but they pip us by 1 batting point
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Been there quite a few times now, but what a soulless, bland, boring ground at Beckenham!

Have no trouble with any of the above ?

Enjoyed the sunshine if not the result.
    how good is the one that got away, Ben Duckett going to be.

The problem for me was hearing the Palace coaches and players
    from next door !
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

redman said:

D B-D is carrying a knee injury I believe and I think the thousand plus county championship runs SNE has scored this season allow him an off game.

I speak as one highly critical of his (SNE's) continued selection ahead of the likes of Cowdrey a couple of years back when his batting average was high teens low twenties so no blinkers here.
    Over the season as a whole they have been great and have developed really well this season. Doesn't stop me being disapointed in recent performances. Hope I am wrong about the head turning, wasn't aware of DBD knee and hope they are both here next year.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Not over yet Killer.

They need 5 points to win (leaving aside Sussex who could still overtake us though it's unlikely)

It'll be even more annoying if we beat Essex, but they pip us by 1 batting point
    I never said it would be easy....
  • Options
    I attended on Tuesday - day one, my first championship game for around 10 years. Full of hope & expectation.

Might change my handle to Jonah.

Don't think I'll be going again anytime soon.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Not over yet Killer.

Can clubs still get pitch deductions for bad pitches? If we sneak over to Chelmsford this weekend and ruff up the pitch a bit, perhaps that will do the trick :smile:
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Dreadful place. I gave up my membership after Kent stopped playing matches at Maidstone, claiming that they needed to reduce the number of out grounds. Within 2 years they had moved matches to Beckenham.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Not over yet Killer.

Can clubs still get pitch deductions for bad pitches? If we sneak over to Chelmsford this weekend and ruff up the pitch a bit, perhaps that will do the trick :smile:
    If only George Davis was still inside........
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Dreadful place. I gave up my membership after Kent stopped playing matches at Maidstone, claiming that they needed to reduce the number of out grounds. Within 2 years they had moved matches to Beckenham.
    Geographically it does make sense though, seeing that the Kent catchment area runs through South East London, to have a ground there.

After all Kent used to play at Hesketh Park in Dartford!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As someone who lives in Beckenham I'm really pleased that they do play here and that it gives people a chance in south east London to access cricket fairly easily that isn't Lords or the Oval, but I have to agree with you about the ground. It really is just a very dull field in the middle of an ever increasingly growing commuter catchment area with not a hint of life around it, and absolutely nothing of any character at all. A shame they don't play at one of the other club grounds in the area! After all the actual Beckenham cricket club ground around the corner has an awful lot of character and used to hold an international tennis tournament!
  • Options
    My nephew has had contract extended at Essex to end of 2019 season. maybe I need to suggest might he not get as many games in Division 1 ....
  • Options
    Glamorgan win toss and elect to bat against Essex.

11-0

• Options
    Glamorgan really doing their best: 30-0 to 30-3!!!!
  • Options
    Edit: 34-4
  • Options
    Two bowlers at either ends of their careers do the damage with two apiece - Napier and that damn Porter kid ;-(
  • Options
    And now 34-5. So five wickets lost for 4 runs!
  • Options
    that damn Porter kid who'll definitely be replaced by new signings in Div 1, despite the fact he's 23 and the rest of the Essex bowling attack, Bopara aside, is 36 or older :P
  • Options
    Just need both sides not to manage to score a hundred in either innings now, Essex to lose and suffer a 20 point deduction and we might get promoted!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

that damn Porter kid who'll definitely be replaced by new signings in Div 1, despite the fact he's 23 and the rest of the Essex bowling attack, Bopara aside, is 36 or older :P

And the keeper will be 37 before next season starts too.