Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    The Racing Post today tipped us up at 20/1 to win the T20. We have the fire power just not sure if we have the bowling.
  • Options
    Anyone know what the facilities are like at beckenham. Might try and get down for one of the Gloucester or Surrey games
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    jamescafc said:

Anyone know what the facilities are like at beckenham. Might try and get down for one of the Gloucester or Surrey games

Very good due to a ground upgrade and close to the action.
    They wheel in burger vans, beer marquees etc for the games.
    100% worth a visit, close to new beckenham station if training like a true Cafc fan - parking can be limited.

• Options
    I was at the game. It was great, but the boundaries were in so far. Even I could of hit a Six.
  • Options
    Beckenham Hill and Lower Sydenham stations are also close if you are on different lines. I can get to the first and its about a 20 min walk. Last time I went getting beer was pretty easy from the temp stands. Shepherd Neame as well! from memory I thought there was quite a bit of parking but may be wrong on this.
    T 20 on the Friday and then a 50 over on the Sunday. I personally prefer the latter - more time for Master Brew or Spitfire!
  • Options
    iamdan said:

jamescafc said:

Very good due to a ground upgrade and close to the action.
    They wheel in burger vans, beer marquees etc for the games.
    100% worth a visit, close to new beckenham station if training like a true Cafc fan - parking can be limited.

Close to the Palace training ground as well, but we'll ignore that!
  • Options
    Stewart said:

I was at the game. It was great, but the boundaries were in so far. Even I could of hit a Six.

Yes, they were very short, it was noticeable that a few mishits through square leg ended up just going over the ropes, rather than being caught (or dropped as Somerset did a lot!)

Somerset were going very well, but once Trego was out, the innings lost momentum, and they needed 220 at least

There was a really pissed Somerset fan who chanted continuously for them during the game. I saw him at Canterbury West station afterwards looking rather unwell...
  • Options
    Stewart said:

There were quite a few streaky, top edges that went for six but thats T20 for you. The people want sixes -even fluky ones will do.

I think Kent actually have a good chance of finals day this year with Billings and Rabada still to join in and Griffith's looking fit again.
  • Options

Great win for Kent. The only cricket team that actually matters on Charlton Life.

This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do Kent make so many changes? Injuries ? At least we know what our medical team work as during the summer
  • Options
    Anyone on here know the sort of budget Kent operate on and how this compares with the larger counties?
  • Options
    Derbyshire 441-7

Bit of a recovery from 35-3 :-(
  • Options
    Our bowling line up apart from Coles and stevens is so village cricket. Always been a problem of ours bowling teams out twice
  • Options

Our bowling line up apart from Coles and stevens is so village cricket. Always been a problem of ours bowling teams out twice

And with Stevens out, even more toothless.

Tredders seems to have lost his way as well, Cowdrey was the best spinner on Friday...
  • Options
    Cowdrey is a good one day bowler. Don't think he has taken many first class wickets
  • Options
    Just noticed the main of Derby's ground; The 3aaa County Ground, Derby. Weird name
  • Options
    Derbyshire 492 all out

Coles 5-116
  • Options
    redman said:

Cowdrey is a good one day bowler. Don't think he has taken many first class wickets

Sadly, Tredwell has hardly taken any first class wickets either in recent years either
  • Options
    Kent do have a spinner problem - Tredders is past it; Riley has stood still; and Qayyum bowled four beamers on Saturday for Bromley! Time for Jas Bassan I reckon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

Kent do have a spinner problem - Tredders is past it; Riley has stood still; and Qayyum bowled four beamers on Saturday for Bromley! Time for Jas Bassan I reckon!

Was quite looking forward to watching Quayyum v Blake on Saturday but Kent wouldn't let Blakey play because of this CC game.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Was quite looking forward to watching Quayyum v Blake on Saturday but Kent wouldn't let Blakey play because of this CC game.
    Were you at the game @Addickted2TheReds? If so, can you give an opinion on how the umpire's managed the game? I heard that the weather played a very big part in the result, and Bromley were not at all happy about the umpires' role in this.
  • Options
    Kent's Academy Director, Simon Willis, is leaving to take over a similar job as Head of High Performance at Sri Lanka.

Seb has worked with Simon and his Dad, Ray and Geraint Jones in the course of the last year on his wicket keeping. But he's been coached by Simon's replacement at Kent, Min Patel, for the last four or five years so hopefully that's a positive too.

Wish Simon all the best on his new venture and Min in his new role.
  • Options
    Played cricket with Simon and his Dad sold me all my sports gear growing up. See Min regularly at golf events - good lad and I think will be excellent at the new role.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

Were you at the game @Addickted2TheReds? If so, can you give an opinion on how the umpire's managed the game? I heard that the weather played a very big part in the result, and Bromley were not at all happy about the umpires' role in this.
    I watched the first hour or so but had to shoot.

I went back to the club for a few beers after the game and no one mentioned it. They made it sound quite routine although to be fair ... they would say that!

Heard that Yasir Arafat was a bit nippy though!
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    227/4 (80 overs)

Dickson 90* (228)
    Rouse 25* (30)
  • Options
    Said it before, and I will say it again, the no toss rule has lent to flat batting no result pitches, will hopefully have been scrapped by the start of next season.
  • Options
    AP Rouse b Cotton 25

227/5