Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant. Still unbeaten. And as long as we don't lose inside two days against Leicestershire we will go into June as such.
  • Options
    Wow, what a turnaround, after Derby make 492 and we were struggling to make the follow on!

To bowl them out for 94 was outstanding in the context of the match, especially as most people would say that our bowling is weaker than out batting
  • Options
    Elsewhere:

Hampshire need 4 more wickets against Nottinghamshire with Nottinghamshire needing 80 odd runs.

Come on Hampshire...
  • Options

Elsewhere:

Hampshire need 4 more wickets against Nottinghamshire with Nottinghamshire needing 80 odd runs.

Come on Hampshire...

Wow another wicket!

3 needed for Hampshire!

Tino Best got two wickets in his last over.
  • Options
    Hampshire beat Notts. I see Chris Read didn't bat, there seem to be a lot of injury and other absences in this round of games
  • Options

Is it safe to come back now ?

Great stuff , lads !

Can't wait for Beckenham next week .

Anyone else going ?

hoping to be there both Friday (T20) and Sunday (50 over)

• Options
    It'll be typically Kent if we finish second this season and don't go up.
  • Options
    Hey Callum, it will NOT be typical Kent if we finish second, that was back in the seventies. It would be typical Kent if we finish sixth. I'm still anmazed by today - when Derbyshire got skittled I naturally assumed the wicket had disintegrated (another 'typical Kent' moment) and we would get bowled out for 52. Not a hint, we have turned in a really great performance after a dodgy first day. Got to enjoy moment's like this :smiley:
  • Options
    Kent are doing well for a change and it takes focus away from charlton pathetic which is also good. Kent have a good young team, who realistically are on England's radar?

Bell-Drummond - Must be next in line if hales fails
    Northeast - I don't think he has consistently scored enough
    Coles - lots of good young bowlers around so I'm assuming he is well down the pecking order
    Riley - two years ago he was supposedly two years away from a test place. Two years on.... He is probably five years away
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worcs still unbeaten too. Don't get cocky, folks
  • Options

Kent are doing well for a change and it takes focus away from charlton pathetic which is also good. Kent have a good young team, who realistically are on England's radar?

Coles - lots of good young bowlers around so I'm assuming he is well down the pecking order
    Riley - two years ago he was supposedly two years away from a test place. Two years on.... He is probably five years away

DBD must be nearest the team, he's been talked about for the last 2 years, but is now delivering, and bats in a problem position for England.

We've still got Billings to come back. I can't see him being picked for the Test team.
  • Options
    redman said:

Great stuff , lads !

Anyone else going ?

I'll be there on Sunday definitely
  • Options
    I was playing a tennis match at Catford wanderers the other day and they had pictures of a young DBD there as he started out there.
  • Options

DBD must be nearest the team, he's been talked about for the last 2 years, but is now delivering, and bats in a problem position for England.

We've still got Billings to come back. I can't see him being picked for the Test team.
    Indeed, this will be our top seven:

D B-D
    Latham
    Denly
    Northeast
    Dickson
    Billings
    Stevens

Not even a place for Blake although he will probably come in when Rabada plays instead of Latham. To think how poor we were this time last season when none of our top five were in any form with Stevens and Coles had to keep rescuing us with both bat and ball.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    redman said:

Great stuff , lads !

Anyone else going ?

Not sure whether we'll make both but definitely one of them.

Mind you, that's probably the kiss of death for our lot....

• Options

Someone tell Canters

I'm here alright. Well done boys hope you keep it up! Would be nice to see one if the smaller clubs in div 1 next year. ;)
  • Options

Someone tell Canters

I'm here alright. Well done boys hope you keep it up! Would be nice to see one if the smaller clubs in div 1 next year. ;)
    Ouch !

See you at Beckenham , canters ?

• Options

Someone tell Canters

Ouch !

I'm joking. Kent are very much my second team, have a good young squad this year. I do hope you do well.

Afraid I have other commitments thus weekend but will definitely get there for one or two this year.
    @cafc luke lives just round the corner and has offered his house up for pre/post natch drinking!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

GREAT STUFF !!!

Are you watching Essex????

Actually they probably are now their points have taken them top DOH !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Someone tell Canters

Ouch !

I'm joking. Kent are very much my second team, have a good young squad this year. I do hope you do well.

Afraid I have other commitments thus weekend but will definitely get there for one or two this year.
    @cafc luke lives just round the corner and has offered his house up for pre/post natch drinking!
    Well, there's good parking near mine at least! And it's next weekend as well Canters! come join
  • Options
    Who's going to go next Friday then?
  • Options
    Should Billings walk straight back into the side. The young lad Rouse has done pretty well. As far as I can see he is joint top with the number of dismissals; however, a batting average of twenty is nothing to shout about.
    I just wonder whether Sam arriving home with a bucket full of cash and good luck to him, should walk straight back in.
    Morale seems to be high, it would be a shame to disturb it.
    In saying that Billings is box office, so I am probably suggesting the unthinkable!

• Options
    Billings auction price was £30k, it was low because he wanted the experience and not the cash.

Yes - he is a better batsman and will average more than 20
  • Options

Billings auction price was £30k, it was low because he wanted the experience and not the cash.

Yes - he is a better batsman and will average more than 20

Correct, his fee was small

Batting isn't a problem for us at the moment, but Billings could always play just as a batsman, like he does for England. I imagine his keeping skills will be a bit rusty anyway
  • Options
    Leic won the toss and bat

9/1 Horton out.
  • Options
    Make that 9/2 Robson out for 0
  • Options
    19/3 Dexter out
  • Options

Indeed, this will be our top seven:

D B-D
    Latham
    Denly
    Northeast
    Dickson
    Billings
    Stevens

Not even a place for Blake although he will probably come in when Rabada plays instead of Latham. To think how poor we were this time last season when none of our top five were in any form with Stevens and Coles had to keep rescuing us with both bat and ball.
    And Billings is back and this is our top seven. With Hagget at 8, Coles at 9, Treders at 10 and Hunn last man in, that is one batting line up - on paper at least!

Stevens with two wickets and Coles with the other shows we're back to normal on the bowling front too.