Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    So who is going tonight to Beckenham for the cricket, or is everyone sacking it off and going on Sunday in the glorious sunshine instead?
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:

So who is going tonight to Beckenham for the cricket, or is everyone sacking it off and going on Sunday in the glorious sunshine instead?

I'm going on Sunday, schlepping to Beckenham twice in 3 days seemed a bit excessive. The weather for Sunday looks lovely, whereas today is dull!
  • Options
    I shall be there.
  • Options
    I'll be there, freezing my nuts off!
  • Options
    Think I'm taking the Sunday option now, seems silly to sit in the cold, for less cricket, and pay more money for the privilege!
  • Options
    I'll be there...
  • Options
    Seb is going to miss Club training tonight so we can go - overcoats in June? Can't go on Sunday as he's playing for Kent against Middlesex at another of our County grounds - The Nevill
  • Options

Seb is going to miss Club training tonight so we can go - overcoats in June? Can't go on Sunday as he's playing for Kent against Middlesex at another of our County grounds - The Nevill

After last night's collapse he might get a game....
  • Options

CAFC Luke said:

I'm going on Sunday, schlepping to Beckenham twice in 3 days seemed a bit excessive. The weather for Sunday looks lovely, whereas today is dull!
    Ditto, killerandflash.

• Options
    Just take a coat people..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFC Luke said:

Think I'm taking the Sunday option now, seems silly to sit in the cold, for less cricket, and pay more money for the privilege!

Yes, I know T20 is very popular, but it seems odd to pay £5 more to see a much shorter game than the 50 over match on Sunday! And against a local rival too!
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:

Yes already fully committed - but I have a coat. First Kent match live for about 30 years! Did we win lots in the meantime? :-)
  • Options
    Must admit ducked out of tonight but will be there Sunday
  • Options
    Kent 98-5 off 15.....

Not looking good.
  • Options
    Billings seemed to have left his runs (no pun intended) back in India
  • Options
    B*GGER !

It's the very faint hope that kills you !

Hope they're saving themselves for Slurrey on Sunday.
  • Options
    Not Kent related but watching Lancs vs Yorks and Joe Root is an unreal batsman.
  • Options
    Did well to keep it relatively close at the end, Cowdrey is becoming a very useful bowler in this format
  • Options
    Just got back. Not one of our batsmen got going and the degree of defeat was rather similar to the Hants game with the bowlers having nothing to bowl at.

October like temperatures and light in the end that really wasn't good enough to play in the back garden let alone a first class match didn't help one feeling that this was anything but a game of cricket.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    A big shame to lose two in a row after a great start to the season.

However, two good things:

1) pissed as a fart with good mates!
    2) Great to see @mart77 and to see him in good health!

So Kent like to make it seem just about possible after being battered all game to then be clonked for 6 to end it!!

Can't believe we played on in that light! Our club games would have been called off in that!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, Beckenham with no floodlights is a risk for evening games, even at this time of year if you get a murky day
  • Options

So Kent like to make it seem just about possible after being battered all game to then be clonked for 6 to end it!!

Can't believe we played on in that light! Our club games would have been called off in that!!

Glad you enjoyed it, Joe.

• Options
    no trains on our line but thankfully Mrs Redman will drop us off somewhere so the Sptitfire tent can be a nearby base!
  • Options
    redman said:

no trains on our line but thankfully Mrs Redman will drop us off somewhere so the Sptitfire tent can be a nearby base!

Will look out for you.

• Options

Was great to see you too mate. Enjoyable night and shame there's not more games at Beckenham. Totally agree about the light and was shocked it went to the finish.

• Options
    4 wickets for 4 runs .
    115-5
  • Options
    edited June 2016

4 wickets for 4 runs .
    115-5

Nobody does a collapse quite like Kent!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    253-8 off 49!

Come on Kent!