Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
Is there a role for the Trust in this?
Social media campaign?
Fundraising?

I don't know but there must be some ways in which we as a fanbase can encourage PV and his backers.

Comments

• Options
    Do hope someone clever can come up with ideas. I'd back them.
  • Options
    Need to maybe ask other sponsors to withdraw their sonsorship. Andrews are Charlton fans, surely not happy?
  • Options
    ^this. Waiting for invite for tea and crumpets.
  • Options
    How can I get a copy of VOTV?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

I think a prominent trust members' relationship with Murray may stop this...

The trust is an independent body though.......as long as they don't upset Miere, Murray & still exchange Christmas & Birthday cards
  • Options
    Off_it said:

What "Varney initiative"?

Don't you know? Ha!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey that doesn't make for good reading.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for posting up the picture, but it just seems like an email chain trying to arrange a meeting that never actually got arranged.

What's the "Varney initiative"? Anyone? Or shall I just give up asking?
  • Options
    If the club continues on this trajectory, the only crumb of comfort will be that Roland will have lost his investment, and his plan for the reshaping of football will be nothing but a smoking ruin, with CAFC the innocent victim. Perhaps only then will those represented by PV find themselves able to conduct a dialogue with those running CAFC, i.e. the administrator.

I appreciate that Ms Meire has assured us that Roland doesnt do failure, but neither am I sure that a headlong plunge towards relegation with falling attendances is what success looks like. I would like to understand what the current regime would consider to be failure. If this isn't it, I'm not surprised Roland doesn't do it, as there's clearly no such thing.

• Options

Genuine question Prague. Why is Richard Murray sitting silently (or as it would appear) and effectively allowing this ownership to destroy our club?

Perhaps he was duped by them and hence defended them and their plan hence his defence and support of them in the November meeting but surely things have deteriorated since then?

Why is he there in that position which is dressed up as a link to our past when surely admiration for all the good things he has done over the years is eroding daily?

If you can't perhaps Henry can answer as I know he is forthright in his opinion on other staff and ex employees/ trust members and has/ had a dialogue with him?

I just find it odd that RM is putting himself up for criticism. Surely if he is advising them/ ranting at them daily it's clear they are not listening so why hang around and further tarnish his once excellent reputation at the club by appearing to be in league with the fools killing our club.

I'm not meaning to be confrontational to either you or Henry in this post but it just puzzles me the relative silence from you both on Murray's relative silence.

If he turned round and said I cannot work with these people any longer and sit by watching them destroy the club with total disregard for its history, tradition and supporters then he would be back to hero status for it with many of us. Cannot see what he is achieving by sticking around.

Because if the club is sold then RM is out of the door and he cannot go around and say he is the chairman of cafc
  • Options
    WSS said:

It's not meant to be snide - just factual. You have a far closer relationship to RM than anyone else.

Just as Rick does with PV.

I await to see how this credibility relationship benefits Charlton and not individuals.

From both sides I may add.

It's not factual. Not only is my relationship nowhere near what you've suggested ( based apparently entirely on what you've read on CL, since you and I have met for all of 2 minutes), but if you gave some thought to the history of RM at Charlton you'd realize that he knows Steve Clarke far better because Steve was the first VIP director in the 90s. The same would be true of Ben Hayes...

• Options
    The swanscombe peninsula is the other side of the m25 down the A2. Who wants to travel down there instead of to the Valley?