Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

Comments

• Options
    Surely you have to know what you are saying no thanks to before you say it?
  • Options

34 days, she is busy looking for a new manager, it's not as if you go through all the CVs and appoint someone in 24hrs.

She did for Luzon.
  • Options
    I've now had a chance to read the email exchange in full ... it is frankly astonishing how rude and unprofessional KM & RD have been in this process.

It has, eventually, been made very clear to PV that they have no interest in dealing with him but they never once had the bottle to actually admit it, instead trying to lead him on and waste time ... sound familiar?

How did RD ever succeed in business with this type of approach!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    If the owners have no interest in selling and their long-term plan is readily self-financeable, then why would they go out of their way to meet a potential 'investor' which implies by definition a dilution of ownership?

If alternatively PV was proposing some kind of commercial opportunity (stadium naming rights etc.) then it would be strange to hold an initial exploratory meeting with the CEO.
  • Options
    Of course she should know who PV is - he's a massive part of the history. If not then ask Richard Murray - he'd fill in the blanks.....unless he did and that explains the apathy towards responding
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Do you think it might have ben a cock up on KMs part. Is she coasting through the job? Duchatelet seemed to intervene reassuringly and it all went dead again. Do you think she might actually delete most of her e-mails?
  • Options
    Richard Murray has crossed to the dark side. This is now quite clear! He seems to actually get on with and agree with the Belgiums way of thinking for our club. Definitely keeping his hand in with his investment in mind. Clearly has a problem with peter Varney and has quite possibly spread the poison to KM. Can only hope Varney persists and still gets that meeting arranged.
  • Options
    Richard Murray is turning into a right wanker, maybe a song for him next
  • Options

Do you think it might have ben a cock up on KMs part. Is she coasting through the job? Duchatelet seemed to intervene reassuringly and it all went dead again. Do you think she might actually delete most of her e-mails?

She was busy replying to the cabbie, Spurs fan, who she converted on the road to Damascus (or City Airport maybe)!!
  • Options
    She's nothing more than a glorified PA for RD.
  • Options
    and PV is male, white ,over 40 and of course not Belgian
  • Options

If the owners have no interest in selling and their long-term plan is readily self-financeable, then why would they go out of their way to meet a potential 'investor' which implies by definition a dilution of ownership?

If alternatively PV was proposing some kind of commercial opportunity (stadium naming rights etc.) then it would be strange to hold an initial exploratory meeting with the CEO.

It's laughable to suggest that PV would contact RD to discuss a proposal that wouldn't even merit the attention of a very junior and inexperienced chief executive in a business with no transparent management structure below her.

Even then, why not send Joyes to find out. RD delegated it to KM. She could have done the same if she felt that was appropriate. She or he could have said, thanks but no thanks. Instead, she engaged in three months of procrastination.
    I understand that the tea lady was having her bunions attended to and couldn't make the meeting.

• Options
    Without stating the obvious our club, if RD is still in charge by 2017, will be in an absolute tatters.

I suggest we start the Euromillions syndicate.
  • Options

Yet more overreaction on CL!

Just to be clear I would love Varney to come back to Charlton as CEO or some other capacity. I am not a supporter of the current owners or CEO. I wasn't implying that he is a Del Boy ( although reading it back I can understand how people might infer that I was) I was making the point that KM would receive many unsolicited personal e.mails from Del Boy types every week. It is easy to buy name, address and e.mail address lists for CEOs and FDs for every company in the UK.

As previously stated I, typically, did not even receive a response when I approached CEOs and FDs in this way. And my e.mails were almost identical to Varney's first e.mail in that I established who I was, my background and provenance, and maybe the names of businesses and CEOs I had worked with. But I was a small one man business. Multi-billion dollar businesses do not pitch proposals by sending unsolicited e.mails to CEOs. They employ people and agencies who know people who know people, and pay them a lot of money, to facilitate face-to-face meetings.

If the group that Varney is working for are serious, and have a serious proposal that affects the long term future of Charlton then RD would be fully aware of it by now.

RD asked KM to deal with PV, she did not.

Now, how on earth would RD know about anything if no one has spoken to PV

Let's be honest here, PV is hardly a newcomer or chancer trying his luck is he..??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just to be clear I would love Varney to come back to Charlton as CEO or some other capacity. I am not a supporter of the current owners or CEO. I wasn't implying that he is a Del Boy ( although reading it back I can understand how people might infer that I was) I was making the point that KM would receive many unsolicited personal e.mails from Del Boy types every week. It is easy to buy name, address and e.mail address lists for CEOs and FDs for every company in the UK.

As previously stated I, typically, did not even receive a response when I approached CEOs and FDs in this way. And my e.mails were almost identical to Varney's first e.mail in that I established who I was, my background and provenance, and maybe the names of businesses and CEOs I had worked with. But I was a small one man business. Multi-billion dollar businesses do not pitch proposals by sending unsolicited e.mails to CEOs. They employ people and agencies who know people who know people, and pay them a lot of money, to facilitate face-to-face meetings.

If the group that Varney is working for are serious, and have a serious proposal that affects the long term future of Charlton then RD would be fully aware of it by now.

This is completely different. Varney has a lot of history with the club. Why send a third party to initiate proceedings. He probably thought a personal approach was a better idea considering his former position.
  • Options
    That series of emails is abject. No way to treat anyone in business.
  • Options

Don't think there's been an overreaction at all, although I get why you grasped at the Del Boy analogy, given your description of yourself above.

Why on earth would PV, or his backers, spend big money on deal facilitators when that's exactly what he is and has done previously. He has a long and strong history with the club and obviously contact details to the current main players. It was a polite offer to discuss an opportunity and it was abysmally handled.
  • Options
    It shows shocking incompetence.

If she were my PA, I'd fire her. And clearly RD is no better. WTF do they think they're doing?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Had you previously been a highly successful 11-year chief executive of the same companies you were approaching?
    Obviously not. But if I was I think the people who were paying me would be pretty pissed off if I reported back that I was unable to pitch the proposal because I can't get past the 27 year old inexperienced CEO!
  • Options

Had you previously been a highly successful 11-year chief executive of the same companies you were approaching?
    Obviously not. But if I was I think the people who were paying me would be pretty pissed off if I reported back that I was unable to pitch the proposal because I can't get past the 27 year old inexperienced CEO!
    Nor even the club owner himself?