Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

Comments

• Options
    It may have been a crazy idea, but you have to find out what it is and then take it from there. What is clear is, is that there is Kuwait money behind Varney, so you have to be incompetent not to listen just in case it is of great benefit! You can always say no after you have heard it!
  • Options
    When Murray puts his personal feelings of Varney before the saviour of Charlton, it makes you wonder, what is his priorities!
  • Options

In any business the size of Charlton's you follow up any opportunities to increase revenue that present themselves. I think we are all intelligent enough to work that out despite what Red in SE8 wants to tell us. I have never heard of anything so ridiculous. If Peter Varney had written the e-mail to any other Championship club, he would have got his half hour meeting FFS. To suggest otherwise makes you look a right tool!

If you think you could get a half hour meeting with the CEO of any championship club simply by e.mailing that you have a proposal it is you who is the Tool!
    when you are also the CEO of a local football club that has serious financial backing like ebbsfleet it really is not unheard of. How else do you organise a meeting? Is there some kind of ritual you must do outside the valley to get a meeting? I can tell you're not that experienced with the corporate world.
    In my experience you organise/arrange the meeting by e.mail. The difficult part is getting people to agree to the meeting in the first place. In this case it seems that RD had agreed to the meeting. That is the hard part. The meeting has still not happened. Yet everyone is blaming, and fuming about the 27 year old glorified PA. If this is a serious proposal her presence and actions should be irrelevant.
    It's a view but one that I disagree with. You condemn an over reaction yet are happy to go along with the view that Miere is and I quote "a glorified PA".

We are all quite rightly very pissed off with this women but apart from the insult value attached to calling her just a PA there is no real basis in truth or reality.

She is, like it or not the clubs CEO and a qualified corporate lawyer. She obviously has the trust of the owner.

In her role it will of course be her responsibility to filter the wheat from the chaff of speculative e mails from chancers, nutters and in Peter Varney's case from the serious business people. Some like an e mail from perhaps you, a serious yet minor enquiry can be dealt with by her or delegated and others like in this case from a former CEO of Charlton now acting as CEO for very seriously wealthy Kuwaiti businessmen. She is obliged with the latter to deal with that enquiry respectfully and pass the information up the chain.

How she has got away with not arranging a meeting after RD has requested one is the issue. Not that she fields the numerous business proposals the club gets.

CAFCsayer said:

In any business the size of Charlton's you follow up any opportunities to increase revenue that present themselves. I think we are all intelligent enough to work that out despite what Red in SE8 wants to tell us. I have never heard of anything so ridiculous. If Peter Varney had written the e-mail to any other Championship club, he would have got his half hour meeting FFS. To suggest otherwise makes you look a right tool!

If you think you could get a half hour meeting with the CEO of any championship club simply by e.mailing that you have a proposal it is you who is the Tool!
    when you are also the CEO of a local football club that has serious financial backing like ebbsfleet it really is not unheard of. How else do you organise a meeting? Is there some kind of ritual you must do outside the valley to get a meeting? I can tell you're not that experienced with the corporate world.
    In my experience you organise/arrange the meeting by e.mail. The difficult part is getting people to agree to the meeting in the first place. In this case it seems that RD had agreed to the meeting. That is the hard part. The meeting has still not happened. Yet everyone is blaming, and fuming about the 27 year old glorified PA. If this is a serious proposal her presence and actions should be irrelevant.
    RD agreed to the meeting but delegated KM to deal with the issue. She hasn't. It really isn't that difficult to grasp.
    You don't seem to be able to grasp that if it is a serious proposal by serious people RD will have a meeting or at least will be made aware of what the proposal is. It should not matter what KM does or does not do!
    She is CEO of a company where there is an investment proposal; regardless of whether she is a puppet, she is still the CEO.
    She was a 27 year old lawyer with no experience as a CEO when appointed. She is Charlton's CEO in the same way that Makinov is Charlton's goal scoring centre forward.
  • Options

no one renew season tickets at all only way club will listen.

Mine won't be renewed & unlikely I'll go back until they're gone.
  • Options
    This all reminds me a bit of when the Republicans on the Benghazzl committee were grilling Hilary Clinton about her emails and she had to politely remind them that a lot of important business/communication is not necessarily done by email.
  • Options

I think Murray needs to be confronted with this the next forum he attends.

Again excuse my ignorance but where is Murray being accused of pulling any meetings with PV ? I haven't kept up with the details on here over the last few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

This all reminds me a bit of when the Republicans on the Benghazzl committee were grilling Hilary Clinton about her emails and she had to politely remind them that a lot of important business/communication is not necessarily done by email.

Straws and clutching spring to mind!! You are seriously comparing Katrien Meire to Hillary Clinton!!! The former US Secretary of State!!! Just voted the most admired US women for the 20th year in a row!!!

Congratulations...you are rightly crowned WUM of the Year 2015!!!
    Do you seriously think I was doing that? You don't think I might have been making the point that maybe there was other non email communication taking place on this matter over the last 3 months!I had forgotten how dense a lot of people on here are!
  • Options
    Kuwaiti European Holdings have a website in which you can fill out a simple form to contact them. I have sent a short message to PV encouraging him to continue his efforts. Maybe a lot of similar emails would make a difference.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Straws and clutching spring to mind!! You are seriously comparing Katrien Meire to Hillary Clinton!!! The former US Secretary of State!!! Just voted the most admired US women for the 20th year in a row!!!

Do you seriously think I was doing that? You don't think I might have been making the point that maybe there was other non email communication taking place on this matter over the last 3 months!I had forgotten how dense a lot of people on here are!
    Yes. Your posts have been clutching all the way through this thread. You seem to have little man syndrome and are unhappy that no-one ever replied to your emails and so take umbrage that a number of people here feel that PV should have been accorded something you never got.

Your arguments have been pulled apart, so your posts have been getting more and more ridiculous.

I'd forgotten how contrary some people are on here!
    Get over yourself for fuck sake you pompous moron!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Straws and clutching spring to mind!! You are seriously comparing Katrien Meire to Hillary Clinton!!! The former US Secretary of State!!! Just voted the most admired US women for the 20th year in
    Fumbluff said:

PL54 said:

Again excuse my ignorance but where is Murray being accused of pulling any meetings with PV ? I haven't kept up with the details on here over the last few days.
    It's actually been a lovely few days on here, can you tell us when you're having another break?
    Yeah it sounds like it's been great

TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Yes. Your posts have been clutching all the way through this thread. You seem to have little man syndrome and are unhappy that no-one ever replied to your emails and so take umbrage that a number of people here feel that PV should have been accorded something you never got.

Your arguments have been pulled apart, so your posts have been getting more and more ridiculous.

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

PL54 said:

It's actually been a lovely few days on here, can you tell us when you're having another break?
    But can someone with an IQ above 3 answer the question ?
  • Options

Love to be there to see it but he will probably smarm his way out of it as he usually does.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Reading KEH web-site very quickly makes RDs company look like the corner newsagent. Incredible that KM has not met with PV.

http://www.keh-uk.com/press-office/press-releases/london-resort-company-holdings-attracts-investment-from-sino
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Perhaps we both need to do that! Happy New Year!
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Just got a mention on talksport..

What?
  • Options

flagged you for trolling. Literally this post contradicts what you've been arguing earlier. You're just posting to get a rise out of people, unlike colin it isn't entertaining just deeply unpleasant.
  • Options

This is the first time you have made any sense. The important stuff is done face to face in what I like to call a meeting.

That is correct, SHG. For similar reasons, neither Richard Murray nor Peter Varney are going to talk to the Trust about such a delicate matter if they think the Trust has to announce such meetings on CL and provide a running commentary on how such meetings went.

and if you really want to make a "polite request " about the above to the Trust board, then you know where to find us easily enough. Doing this on a public CL thread doesn't look very polite to me, especially as it implies that we are all too thick to work out the role we could play here, without you suggesting it in a highly emotive couple of threads.
  • Options

flagged you for trolling. Literally this post contradicts what you've been arguing earlier. You're just posting to get a rise out of people, unlike colin it isn't entertaining just deeply unpleasant.
    What the fuck are you on about? How am I contradicting myself?
  • Options

With respect and after the recent revelations, do you honestly see another meeting with those two present? (RM & KM) unless its behind closed doors?