Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

Comments

• Options

KM & RM know that there is a demented old fool keeping them employed who doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to running a football club. They are hangers on, who have gained his trust and are no doubt rewarded handsomely. Why would they want to compromise that by entertaining a proposal from a serious player like Peter Varney. RD has probably been told that the meeting was a waste of time and that PV had nothing to offer.

It's unlikely Murray is being paid, although like others he is owed money. But I agree the risk to both his and Meire's current positions is likely to be a factor. And that RD will not be fully aware of the true situation - after all Meire hasn't bothered to establish what the offer is.
    Is a move to Swanscombe part of the plan?
    Categorically not. I can't answer 20 questions on this, much as I appreciate we all want answers, but one thing that has been made very clear is that it is not about that.
    On a scale where 1 is a sponsorship/marketing arrangement and 100 is a full or part purchase of the club can you indicate roughly what number you would give this proposal?
    He has already confirmed this is/was a potential full takeover, as I asked the same question, as from the original VOTV article I had assumed at best it was an attempt to buy a stake in the club.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

KM & RM know that there is a demented old fool keeping them employed who doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to running a football club. They are hangers on, who have gained his trust and are no doubt rewarded handsomely. Why would they want to compromise that by entertaining a proposal from a serious player like Peter Varney. RD has probably been told that the meeting was a waste of time and that PV had nothing to offer.

It's unlikely Murray is being paid, although like others he is owed money. But I agree the risk to both his and Meire's current positions is likely to be a factor. And that RD will not be fully aware of the true situation - after all Meire hasn't bothered to establish what the offer is.
    Categorically not. I can't answer 20 questions on this, much as I appreciate we all want answers, but one thing that has been made very clear is that it is not about that.
    On a scale where 1 is a sponsorship/marketing arrangement and 100 is a full or part purchase of the club can you indicate roughly what number you would give this proposal?
    He has already confirmed this is/was a potential full takeover, as I asked the same question, as from the original VOTV article I had assumed at best it was an attempt to buy a stake in the club.
    Missed that. Can you post the link?
  • Options

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70577/saturday-jan-2nd-5pm-sit-in-protest-at-the-valley/p5
  • Options

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70577/saturday-jan-2nd-5pm-sit-in-protest-at-the-valley/p5
    Thanks.
  • Options
    I'd like to know how pv got rds email address and what it is :)
  • Options
    razil said:

mmm wouldn't that be tempting :wink:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

razil said:

mmm wouldn't that be tempting :wink:
    very
  • Options

Be happy to give my next year's ST money to PV as well.

Me too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

RD will undoubtedly consult RM about PV but perhaps thats not the issue.

Aside from the apparent slowness in response there is another Elephant in this particular room, RD may not want to sell, simple as that

I would have thought that if 50% of his ST income went into an escrow account controlled by PV, for release when new owners took charge, then RD may sit up and take notice.

• Options
    razil said:

Aside from the apparent slowness in response there is another Elephant in this particular room, RD may not want to sell, simple as that

What may be required for any of those wanting him to sell up is therefore that he be persuaded his best interests are to do so.

He may recognise he is very unlikely to see a return on his investment in a sale, or that he wants to see the project through to its fruition..Demonstrations alone therefore may not be enough.

It may also be required that quite separately from the PV interest, that RM be persuaded to remove his support be it personal, political or financial (whichever are in place) as part of any persuasion, and for the best of CAFC.

I have great respect for the achievements of both men, and rue greatly the rift between them and the impact that has on our club. Perhaps there is still a way where both of them acting separately can still help us out of this mess.

I think the Liege conclusion shows that Roland isn't up for much of a fight. He's a fairly elderly fella and surely doesn't need all this.

I would think that if the deal was right for him he wouldn't dig his heels in too much.

We have to step things up, and you're right, a signal from Murray might be the final kick up the backside Duchatelet needs.
  • Options
    It was made clear to me when Trust chair there was no interest in allowing fans to buy equity, but also that email trail suggests hes not that keen to even contemplate selling or welcome other investors.
  • Options
    razil said:

Anyone know the background to him selling Standard Liege this year? Did he cash in and make a big profit - did he put the club up for sale or was he approached by another investor?
  • Options
    So, our apparent saviour is the man who tried to make us play outside of Charlton. Can't say I'm top excited by this one.
  • Options

razil said:

Anyone know the background to him selling Standard Liege this year? Did he cash in and make a big profit - did he put the club up for sale or was he approached by another investor?
    Sold to his vice chairmen when the heat from the fans became too much.

Doubt he made much of a profit if any.
  • Options

So, our apparent saviour is the man who tried to make us play outside of Charlton. Can't say I'm top excited by this one.

when was this?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    razil said:

What may be required for any of those wanting him to sell up is therefore that he be persuaded his best interests are to do so.

He may recognise he is very unlikely to see a return on his investment in a sale, or that he wants to see the project through to its fruition..Demonstrations alone therefore may not be enough.

It may also be required that quite separately from the PV interest, that RM be persuaded to remove his support be it personal, political or financial (whichever are in place) as part of any persuasion, and for the best of CAFC.

I have great respect for the achievements of both men, and rue greatly the rift between them and the impact that has on our club. Perhaps there is still a way where both of them acting separately can still help us out of this mess.

It will be in RD's best interest to sell if there is a sustained campaign of lawful civil disruption that loads extra costs onto the club.
    The data approach is a good one, as are threats of pitch invasions, obviously demonstrations and chants, there is the option of boycotts, getting to the sponsors, a 'presence' at Sparrows Lane. and much more.
    There can be a relentlessness about our attack on this regime, not sexist or racist or violent or even rude, but cold hearted and flint eyed disruption and negativity at every turn.
    For those who say that is destroying our club, well what is happening anyway? For those who say that would drive people away, well what is happening anyway?
    At the moment Roland won't even talk, let alone sell, there are barriers and Katrien is one of the sandbags due to her really quite sadly pathetic approach to dealing with Peter Varney.
    I attended a graduation for a close family member who was awarded a Doctorate at UCL last summer. Katrien graduated from that formidable institution herself, on the face of it she has the intellectual capacity to see which way the wind is blowing, but it seems there is some kind of psychological trait that prevents Katrien, and Roland from ever facing reality.
    Some of our fundraising would be well spent in paying Grapevine to give Roland and Katrien some lessons in running a Championship Football Club properly. If they learn well, they will sell.
  • Options
    razil said:

It was made clear to me when Trust chair there was no interest in allowing fans to buy equity, but also that email trail suggests hes not that keen to even contemplate selling or welcome other investors.

really? He asked KM to arrange a meeting so it actually suggests otherwise.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

What about the Greenwich Peninsula?

Would the Varney bid guarantee staying at the Valley or would we move to the Gasworks site?
  • Options

Who do you mean ?
  • Options

razil said:

He asked her to arrange a meeting, yes. But if a boss asked a subordinate to do that and they consistently avoided doing so, then the boss would see that as a snub and force her to pull her finger out. That he did nothing clearly shows he had no intention of allowing that to happen. She is a puppet, after all
  • Options

razil said:

A puzzle then, perhaps something then happened offline to make her delay, all the same the end result wasn't exactly welcoming
  • Options
    Next time she deigns to meet (hand picked) fans, the first question should be exactly this. Why did you find arranging a meeting with a potential investor so hard and why were you so damned rude?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    mogodon said:

razil said:

He asked her to arrange a meeting, yes. But if a boss asked a subordinate to do that and they consistently avoided doing so, then the boss would see that as a snub and force her to pull her finger out. That he did nothing clearly shows he had no intention of allowing that to happen. She is a puppet, after all
    Depends on the lies he was told, we know her record in that regard.
  • Options

razil said:

Ive already several times posted what the Socios have reported to us, which is not quite the trite summary youve given, but hey, you know better whats going on in Liege

• Options

razil said:

Ive already several times posted what the Socios have reported to us, which is not quite the trite summary youve given, but hey, you know better whats going on in Liege

For the benefit of this thread, and to save people searching for it, could you please repost what the Socios have reported to you. After all, you appear to know whats going on in Liege better then most
  • Options
    razil said:

razil said:

A puzzle then, perhaps something then happened offline to make her delay, all the same the end result wasn't exactly welcoming
    I don't think you are that naive to imagine there was no time in a 3 month period to have a 30 minute meeting?