Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

Comments

• Options

Has anyone tried to contact Peter Varney to see if we could do something similar to what rangers did a few years ago where we get enough people to give him to hold our season ticket money until we are happy with the state of the club and the direction. If we make this public enough sponsors and advertising would surely go down for the business.

Following from my last post

We could also get people while they are queuing if they are interested in holding their money, get names and e-mail adresses so we are going to them not them having to find us. Also it's a great way to say f**k you to the only 2% opinion.
  • Options
    I am happy to put my season ticket money into a separate account. I have 1 adult, 2 kids in the west stand, I think it's around £450. Alwaysneil@hotmail.com
  • Options
    When it has reached the point where e-mails are leaked to VOTV, it has to be clear that there isn't going to be any future deal. Whatever that future deal was!
  • Options
    Mutttley,

Certainly nothing amicable. And can't see that there is any easy way for there to be a hostile successful bid.

Oh, unless 90% of season ticket holders gave their money to a PV controlled escrow account with appropriate guarantees of (admittedly limited) but significant shares of those fans of say up to 25% in the new club structure.

Just an idea.

• Options
    If the offensive takeover is not successful, each fan gets their money back to spend on a play per watch basis for next season.

Few season tickets sold. Very few.
  • Options
    Problem with that is the concept of ex season ticket buyers trusting handing their money to someone who may just wander off with it or go bust with it :( would need a properly segregated account for that money and good tracking of who gave it so it can go back. If that can be provided it could work.
  • Options

The black and white scarfs have been a roaring success
    and as you say fanny, wave them around while singing the
    Varney and email songs.
    I admit now i went too far when i appeared as Al Johnson outside the west stand,
    I may have taken the Black and white theme too far.

You ?

Take things too far ?

Never !

I am happy to put my season ticket money into a separate account. I have 1 adult, 2 kids in the west stand, I think it's around £450. Alwaysneil@hotmail.com

Me too, Alwaysneil.

PV could hold 5 years' worth and I'd still be happy.

• Options

Varney and email songs.
    I admit now i went too far when i appeared as Al Johnson outside the west stand,

You ?

Take things too far ?

Never !

Me too, Alwaysneil.

I'd have to ask the Upbeats to give last years back ;) but your welcome to next years.
  • Options

Genuine question Prague. Why is Richard Murray sitting silently (or as it would appear) and effectively allowing this ownership to destroy our club?

Perhaps he was duped by them and hence defended them and their plan hence his defence and support of them in the November meeting but surely things have deteriorated since then?

Why is he there in that position which is dressed up as a link to our past when surely admiration for all the good things he has done over the years is eroding daily?

If you can't perhaps Henry can answer as I know he is forthright in his opinion on other staff and ex employees/ trust members and has/ had a dialogue with him?

I just find it odd that RM is putting himself up for criticism. Surely if he is advising them/ ranting at them daily it's clear they are not listening so why hang around and further tarnish his once excellent reputation at the club by appearing to be in league with the fools killing our club.

I'm not meaning to be confrontational to either you or Henry in this post but it just puzzles me the relative silence from you both on Murray's relative silence.

If he turned round and said I cannot work with these people any longer and sit by watching them destroy the club with total disregard for its history, tradition and supporters then he would be back to hero status for it with many of us. Cannot see what he is achieving by sticking around.

Posting without reading all:

Hoping to get some money back ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KM & RM know that there is a demented old fool keeping them employed who doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to running a football club. They are hangers on, who have gained his trust and are no doubt rewarded handsomely. Why would they want to compromise that by entertaining a proposal from a serious player like Peter Varney. RD has probably been told that the meeting was a waste of time and that PV had nothing to offer.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Reading KEH web-site very quickly makes RDs company look like the corner newsagent. Incredible that KM has not met with PV.

http://www.keh-uk.com/press-office/press-releases/london-resort-company-holdings-attracts-investment-from-sino

Could potentially be a source of embarrassment.

The way I see it, a potential meeting with RD/KM and PV would be like David Brent trying to negotiate with Bill Gates. One is knowledgable with a proven success rate, and one thinks he is.

I'm not going to take anything away from Roland's electronics empire, the guy obviously has quite a knack for traditional business; but football isn't a traditional business. Much like Politics wasn't either..
  • Options
    edited December 2015

KM & RM know that there is a demented old fool keeping them employed who doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to running a football club. They are hangers on, who have gained his trust and are no doubt rewarded handsomely. Why would they want to compromise that by entertaining a proposal from a serious player like Peter Varney. RD has probably been told that the meeting was a waste of time and that PV had nothing to offer.

It's unlikely Murray is being paid, although like others he is owed money. But I agree the risk to both his and Meire's current positions is likely to be a factor. And that RD will not be fully aware of the true situation - after all Meire hasn't bothered to establish what the offer is.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Varney and email songs.

You ?

Take things too far ?

Never !

Me too, Alwaysneil.

I'd have to ask the Upbeats to give last years back ;) but your welcome to next years.
    Be happy to give my next year's ST money to PV as well.
  • Options

It's unlikely Murray is being paid, although like others he is owed money. But I agree the risk to both his and Meire's current positions is likely to be a factor. And that RD will not be fully aware of the true situation - after all Meire hasn't bothered to establish what the offer is.
    Is a move to Swanscombe part of the plan?
  • Options

surely time for PV to approach RD directly?

and, as said before, the new on line article and call to arms on Saturday needs to be a sticky with flashing lights if possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I hadn't thought of it like that. Possible I suppose although Luzon's introduction suggested RD has the reigns.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Maybe 'somebody' could find out what it was and e-mail RD the details so he knows what he missed out on!
  • Options
    Sorry, a lot of posts since I last checked in and I won't be able to read them all.

I can't remember for sure. Was Varney involved in the Slater/Jimenez takeover, or is my mind playing tricks on me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    every day she shows her nievity and inexperience . All she had to do was meet PV and then she could dismiss the offer and come up with whatever bollox to say why she it isnt for RD. Now she just looks like a silly little kid hiding behind the sofa .
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    posted this is another thread but better off here, plus a question:

Plenty of hyperbole on here and other threads about these emails! Interestingly none of which comes from the author himself.

Really interesting insight and I appreciate the content being allowed to do the talking.

Varney has surely been round the block enough times for this to have happened before. He's got a proposal that they don't want to hear, so he's gone public to force the issue. Good on him, and a good move as so far when the supporters have pushed some, albeit limited, ground has been made in terms of communication.

Think it's pretty clear that we need to follow the suggested course of action by AB on this, if we can help bring them to the table then we need to do all we can. Peacefully and politely or the siege mentality continues im afraid.

Really intrigued to know about the varney, Murray dynamic, but I guess this will come out in the wash too.

Is KEH a national interest, does anyone know?
  • Options
    IA said:

Sorry, a lot of posts since I last checked in and I won't be able to read them all.

I can't remember for sure. Was Varney involved in the Slater/Jimenez takeover, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

yes, he was and, as he says in the VOTV article took for a role in the club as part of that takeover.

He then left on, lets say, bad terms.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited December 2015

IA said:

yes, he was and, as he says in the VOTV article took for a role in the club as part of that takeover.

He then left on, lets say, bad terms.
    Thank you for this. Haven't read the VOTV article yet, but I will read it. Didn't think he would have mentioned it.
  • Options

Is KEH a national interest, does anyone know?

No. It's a family business that was established in the 40s and seems to be highly regarded.
  • Options

Categorically not. I can't answer 20 questions on this, much as I appreciate we all want answers, but one thing that has been made very clear is that it is not about that.
    On a scale where 1 is a sponsorship/marketing arrangement and 100 is a full or part purchase of the club can you indicate roughly what number you would give this proposal?
  • Options
    Thanks. Reason I ask is because of the effect of oil prices on their ability to invest. If they're non state it's better, but any Kuwaiti investment will be hit hard next year.

I'm there in a couple of weeks so will ask about them, providing we don't already know all about them by then.
  • Options

Categorically not. I can't answer 20 questions on this, much as I appreciate we all want answers, but one thing that has been made very clear is that it is not about that.
    On a scale where 1 is a sponsorship/marketing arrangement and 100 is a full or part purchase of the club can you indicate roughly what number you would give this proposal?
    69?
  • Options

Thanks. Reason I ask is because of the effect of oil prices on their ability to invest. If they're non state it's better, but any Kuwaiti investment will be hit hard next year.

I'm there in a couple of weeks so will ask about them, providing we don't already know all about them by then.

Agreed. Looks like they are a group real estate and investment businesses in Kuwait and across e MENA region. KEH set up to look at diversifying their investments into new regions/countries.

It won't shield them from the low oil price, as I am sure that will have a knock on effect in their main market, but I don't know them or their business split, so difficult to gauge.

http://www.keh-uk.com/about-keh/our-board
  • Options
    I'd give my (returning) season ticket money to PV