Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the fans get behind the Varney initative?

Comments

• Options
    Any sensible proposal that also kept us at the Valley would be hard not to support
  • Options
    Not read all thread or others so apologies...

Prague / Rikofold / Steve Clarke etc

Were you aware of @Airman Brown / Varney VOTV revelations ahead of your Xmas Eve statement ?
  • Options
    Could have involved ebbsfleet becoming part of the network, the Kuwaitis there having a stake in kaprix (or whatever the holding company is called) or something similar? Or an investment in the valley/the training ground? Could be anything but with Varney involved I think it would be for the best interests of the club.
  • Options

Were you aware of @Airman Brown / Varney VOTV revelations ahead of your Xmas Eve statement ?

Nope. Not a dickybird

The bugger wouldn't even send through my digital copy last night on the basis that I would be there in person.

But I get it that Rick feels VOTV is also a main source of revenue at this time, and he needs to maximize sales.

We are aware now...
  • Options

Would people be willing to move away from the valley, new stadium by the peninsular if it meant rd and co were out and we had this Varney and Kuwaiti backed investment?

Speaking for myself. Absolutely. What's not to like about that idea?
  • Options
    First i heard of this was today when i bought the Voice.

My prediction earlier in the week that "where would CAFC be in 10 years"
    that we'd have Owner Dr Abdulla Al-Humadi and Peter Varney CEO and we'd be in the Prem !
    I also said that Katrien Meire would be CEO of Centre parcs ?

I hope the first statement comes True, but not the 2nd as Katrien would screw up
    Centre parcs by putting waterproof Sofas by every other tree.
  • Options
    Daft thread title imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boggzy said:

Daft thread title imo

Why? Should we sit on our arse and let it slide yeah?
  • Options
    Peters son Alex when asked a couple of months ago -

• Options
    boggzy said:

Daft thread title imo

My apologies, I wrote it quickly with the kids running round the house and my other half nagging me to stop sitting around watching football.

What I mean though is given there possibly could be a slim chance of a positive resolution to this mess - how would the fanbase get behind or show support for it. How could the Trust disengage from the charade of dialogue with Meire and push an alternative agenda for instance? How could we use the media to help turf the Belgian regime out?

Having a (possible) solid alternative solution to build a campaign on rather than merely saying Sack the Board has to be a good thing?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

boggzy said:

Daft thread title imo

I think you've missed my point - which is: What *is* the 'Varney Initiative'?
  • Options
    boggzy said:

J BLOCK said:

boggzy said:

Daft thread title imo

I think you've missed my point - which is: What *is* the 'Varney Initiative'?
    It has been explained as far as possible, in the thread.
  • Options

Can honestly say it took me by surprise, can't speak for the others. Think this particular content was kept close to Rick's chest until publication.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

boggzy said:

Daft thread title imo

My apologies, I wrote it quickly with the kids running round the house and my other half nagging me to stop sitting around watching football.

What I mean though is given there possibly could be a slim chance of a positive resolution to this mess - how would the fanbase get behind or show support for it. How could the Trust disengage from the charade of dialogue with Meire and push an alternative agenda for instance? How could we use the media to help turf the Belgian regime out?

Having a (possible) solid alternative solution to build a campaign on rather than merely saying Sack the Board has to be a good thing?
    As Prague has said, one question that's always bothered us is what next? I think even this needs a bit more flesh on the bones but it does suggest there is a meaningful third way to explore.

To answer an earlier question, the Trust board exists to make decisions on behalf of members. It's why we hold elections. Even so we consult frequently and our last member survey was just a few weeks ago. There's always merit in taking the temperature, but there's never anything to stop our members writing to us with their views, we've repeatedly asked for that recently, and we try to respond even to complaints... :smile:
  • Options

What's the relocation away from the valley stuff about?

There is evidence that PV, while seeking buyers for Charlton, was pointing potential buyers towards the Peninsula. But Airman says that this was simply a hook he was using to try and get potential investors in. Personally I believe him. I have no doubt that PV understands how potentially toxic a move away from the Valley can be.
    Do you remember our chat about this ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or with an experiment you adjust the ingredients and sfart again each season?
  • Options
    they would all be deleted
  • Options
    I very much doubt RD wouldn't have been fully aware.
  • Options
    Maybe KM could see that any proposal would risk her position in the long or the short term.
  • Options
    Does the initiative involve the return of Iain Dowie and Andrew Mills?