Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    You wistfully remember a time when you'd watch a football match and you were younger than most of the players. But that was a long time ago. After that things weren't so bad because you were still younger than the refs. For a while. Then managers became the benchmark and finally Owners. Now there is practically no-one older than you. Only Keith Peacock and Brian Kinsey.
    The change in fantasy from player to manager.
  • Options
    Standing in Curry's reading an ad about an app that allows you to see in your fridge whilst you are out via your mobile phone......................WTF?
    The report I get on the number of short and long flushes for each of our toilets I find very helpful. Also, a line chart of the loo paper sheets by person by day of week shows a distinct blip on Sundays.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    You get annoyed because a TV series has too many sex scenes
    Which series is that - asking for a friend. 
    LOL.
    How to get away with Murder, on Netflix.
    Brilliant series btw.
  • Options
    After shoving all the tender plants in their pots into the greenhouse everything bloody aches. 
  • Options
    When you check the entry prices for places and immediately check the OAP rates - and then have a good moan if the discount is rubbish!!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Going to A&E and being offered a special “frailty” nurse as I’m now 65. Fuck off. I’m still relatively young and fit. 
    Calm down & chill, you don't want to be getting het up at your age :wink:
  • Options
    When you get a warm and then wet feeling down yer trouser leg...
  • Options
    When you get a warm and then wet feeling down yer trouser leg...
    No queuing in smoke filled bogs in The Covered End, you can just remain in your seat with a satisfied smile on your face. 
    Tried and tested by our very own @Redmidland ;)
    https://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/shop-by-brand/tena-incontinence-products/tena-men.html?health_producttype_laynav=10124&TENAMen&gclid=CjwKCAjwoc_8BRAcEiwAzJevteI4FlsVABTkWTn2h-71Tka5DFJvKIfQMCIQTn3sfnRYUBZV1liMHBoCsLsQAvD_BwE

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you buy something and think, 'that should see me out'.  :|
    Like a 'bag for life'?

• Options
    I'm 33. My (soon-to-be-ex) boyfriend is going to break up with me because he's 30 and his parents and he all think there's a higher risk of pregnancy related problems as I'm nearing 35. We have been dating for 7 months and he has never had such doubt before. Only now does he realise that he doesn't want to marry a woman older than him. What a joke. I feel as if I'm cheated. 😤
  • Options
    garfield said:
    When driving & looking for somewhere new, you turn the music down so you can see better!
    And open the window. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Jessie said:
    I'm 33. My (soon-to-be-ex) boyfriend is going to break up with me because he's 30 and his parents and he all think there's a higher risk of pregnancy related problems as I'm nearing 35. We have been dating for 7 months and he has never had such doubt before. Only now does he realise that he doesn't want to marry a woman older than him. What a joke. I feel as if I'm cheated. 😤
    Do you want to be in a marriage where his parents have such a big influence on your life? Just reading your post one gets the feeling that you are a lovely person, if he does not come to his senses you will find someone who will love you for yourself. Take it from an old git, there is no rush.
    Thank you. I do find it extremely alarming that he listens to his parents too much. Very controlling parents.The relationship has been very toxic for me in the past couple of months because of his awful parents. I'm going to leave him when I finish my driving test next week. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Redrobo said:
    Jessie said:
    Do you want to be in a marriage where his parents have such a big influence on your life? Just reading your post one gets the feeling that you are a lovely person, if he does not come to his senses you will find someone who will love you for yourself. Take it from an old git, there is no rush.
    Thank you. I do find it extremely alarming that he listens to his parents too much. Very controlling parents.The relationship has been very toxic for me in the past couple of months because of his awful parents. I'm going to leave him when I finish my driving test next week. 
    Cue his parents giving him grief..’she was only using you because she didn’t have a driving licence...’
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Redrobo said:
    Jessie said:
    I suggest you think carefully before running them over  ;)

(Kidding)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    LenGlover said:
    Jessie said:
    The boy's a fool!

My wife is older than me and that situation is not unusual. I appreciate that there maybe cultural differences.

He needs to grow a pair, as some say over here, and decide what is important to him.

You sound a lovely person Jessie and it is his loss not yours.
    Thank you. Actually it's not really that unusual here either. It's his parents' problem. He's got a fairly low salary and earns much less than his mother (and probably his father too). They have the final say on big things for him. I do know he is the wrong man for me (and for any other women too). It's just a bit hard for me to end this relationship right now. I'm a very loving person but sadly this has made me become the one that ends up getting hurt.
  • Options
    When you see a beautiful painting or antique and realise there’s no point in buying it.
    I still love to visit antique shops and fairs though.